~ Watch RCI Ships Sail away~ New Views on Ft Lauderdale Webcam

emmy

So, are you going to borrow Emmy's pink boa and wave it at us or what?:eek::p:D

Now there is an idea LOL:D:eek: I loved watching Oasis on the Fort Lauderdale cam as she turned. Bon Voyage Lady O !!406503_10150583866581693_564756692_9267449_1179093164_n.jpg

Imagine if the docked Oasis at Watch Hill...that would be a crazy day for peeps there...

Unfortunately, Oasis would be sitting on a reef long before it made it anywhere near Watch Hill looking like the Concordia's twin. The channel from the outer buoy into the Pawcatuck River sometimes is little more than eight feet deep. and less than 30 yards wide.

However, the first time that Explorer made a port call in New London CT it generated an amazing about of excitement in the area. New London was packed with people who wanted a glimpse of the ship. I had to go myself just to see, once again, the first Voyager class ship that I had ever been on. And people loved listening to our stories about being on the ship and hearing about what it looks like inside. After it set sail it headed north but went around the outside of Block Island so the view of it from Watch Hill was not very impressive.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Oh My! With the way that you guys cut and post pictures around here! :eek::eek::eek:

Just an enthusiastic wave knowing we are watching will be enough. :D Do you have a scheduled wave with the webcam guys? If so you must let us know your location.

Edited by emmy

Unfortunately, Oasis would be sitting on a reef long before it made it anywhere near Watch Hill looking like the Concordia's twin. The channel from the outer buoy into the Pawcatuck River sometimes is little more than eight feet deep. and less than 30 yards wide.

However, the first time that Explorer made a port call in New London CT it generated an amazing about of excitement in the area. New London was packed with people who wanted a glimpse of the ship. I had to go myself just to see, once again, the first Voyager class ship that I had ever been on. And people loved listening to our stories about being on the ship and hearing about what it looks like inside. After it set sail it headed north but went around the outside of Block Island so the view of it from Watch Hill was not very impressive.

It would be tender only port...river entry sounds like the Quanny Pond breach way...been thru it but never seem to go out or in the river...

If they did sail up I would hope they give a wide berth to Block Island.

Dw has lots of wedding pics out in front of the old Ocean House.

Maybe in July if my cuz is up when I plan to go up, I will get sail out of the river.

Hello Emmy,

What's the secret to capturing this type of picture from the web page?

TIA,

Gregg

I use Windows 7 Snipping tool to do my print screens and save them to my computer. The one of Oasis above I had posted on facebook and just copied it here.

It would be tender only port...river entry sounds like the Quanny Pond breach way...been thru it but never seem to go out or in the river...

If they did sail up I would hope they give a wide berth to Block Island.

Dw has lots of wedding pics out in front of the old Ocean House.

Maybe in July if my cuz is up when I plan to go up, I will get sail out of the river.

I can just imagine tendering 6000 people into Watch Hill. There is a nightmare for you. Speaking of nightmares, the family of a friend of mine owned the old Ocean House before it was sold to the people who renovated it. I have been through all of the old floors.... Can you say "The Shining":eek::D