Overview of drink packages

sarafinadh

I believe you can still upgrade to the Premiun package for about $11 per person per day. This not only gives you a higher threshold ($12 on drinks/wine and $8 on beer) but also allows you to exceed the threshold and only pay the difference.

On the premium package you can get beers up to $12. Same as wine and spirits.

Classic:beers up to $5, and wine and spirits up to $8.

Premium: beer. wine and spirits up to $12.

There are only 6 beers that fall into the $8-$12 range. But buying a beer over $12 will cost you less than if the cap was $8.

The fact that Franziskaner and Leffe are on the classic package are fantastic. Two of my favorite beers.

Edited by jhans24

We're experienced cruisers but have never purchased a Celebrity drink packge before. I have read the explanations and much of this thread, but if someone will be so kind as to confirm my understanding (and some notes on the per drink pricing) it will be much appreciated.

Our Plan A: Classic Drink Pacakge

1. My husband drinks soda (so we usually get that card -- this will subsume that) and he also enjoys Scotch on the rocks. Will a regular "bar Scotch" come in at less than $8 a drink?

2. I like vodka drinks (Cosmo) or Gin and tonic. Again, if we only expect non-premium brands such as Absolut or Skyy, or Tanqueray or Beefeaters, will these drinks come in under the $8 range?

3. Specialty Coffees such as cappucino are included, I believe. Only at the Cafe Bacio, or can we order them after dinner in the dining room and have them included as part of the package?

4. Wine by the glass -- I looked at a very early posting on this thread (from 2012) and almost all the wines were $8.50 or more. Yes, I saw a few at $7...Recent cruisers -- is this still the case?

Option B: Upgrade to Premium Package

Willing to do this IF it gets us substantially more....

1. Will DH be able to get a single malt Scotch such as Glenlivet (not the 15 year variety, we understand) at less than $12 a drink?

2. Will I be able to get Grey Goose or Ketel 1 as my vodka component, or Bombay as the gin, also within the package?

3. Wines under $12 look fine to me, assuming prices haven't skyrocketed since the early poster so kindly listed them.

I read something that said that one could not just pay the difference, say between the $8 allowance and a higher priced drink. Is that so? Is that also the case for the $12 allowance?

We are not beer drinkers at all, so the craft beer thing matters not to us; ditto the molecular martinis - so it seems either the Classic or the Premium package should work....

I would VERY much appreciate any cautions or explanations that those of you who have recently used drink packages can share.

I don't mind spending the $$$ for the right one, but I HATE surprises!!!

Again, thanks in advance, and sorry for the length of the post.

Happy travels!

Sandi

We're experienced cruisers but have never purchased a Celebrity drink packge before. I have read the explanations and much of this thread, but if someone will be so kind as to confirm my understanding (and some notes on the per drink pricing) it will be much appreciated.

Our Plan A: Classic Drink Pacakge

1. My husband drinks soda (so we usually get that card -- this will subsume that) and he also enjoys Scotch on the rocks. Will a regular "bar Scotch" come in at less than $8 a drink?

2. I like vodka drinks (Cosmo) or Gin and tonic. Again, if we only expect non-premium brands such as Absolut or Skyy, or Tanqueray or Beefeaters, will these drinks come in under the $8 range?

3. Specialty Coffees such as cappucino are included, I believe. Only at the Cafe Bacio, or can we order them after dinner in the dining room and have them included as part of the package?

4. Wine by the glass -- I looked at a very early posting on this thread (from 2012) and almost all the wines were $8.50 or more. Yes, I saw a few at $7...Recent cruisers -- is this still the case?

Option B: Upgrade to Premium Package

Willing to do this IF it gets us substantially more....

1. Will DH be able to get a single malt Scotch such as Glenlivet (not the 15 year variety, we understand) at less than $12 a drink?

2. Will I be able to get Grey Goose or Ketel 1 as my vodka component, or Bombay as the gin, also within the package?

3. Wines under $12 look fine to me, assuming prices haven't skyrocketed since the early poster so kindly listed them.

I read something that said that one could not just pay the difference, say between the $8 allowance and a higher priced drink. Is that so? Is that also the case for the $12 allowance?

We are not beer drinkers at all, so the craft beer thing matters not to us; ditto the molecular martinis - so it seems either the Classic or the Premium package should work....

I would VERY much appreciate any cautions or explanations that those of you who have recently used drink packages can share.

I don't mind spending the $$$ for the right one, but I HATE surprises!!!

Again, thanks in advance, and sorry for the length of the post.

Happy travels!

Sandi

Classic level scotchs are JW Red, Dewars White label, J&B, and Cutty Sark, whereas the Premium level choices would be JW Black, Dewars 12 yr old, Chivas Regal and Glenfiddich. Classic level clears are Beefeaters, Tangueray, Absolute, Stoli and 3 Olives, whereas Premium level choices would be Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One, Grey Goose and Belvedere. If a drink costs 8.50 and you only have the Classic package, you will be charged 8.50 for it, but of course it would be included in the Premium package. If a drink costs 15.00, like the Martini Flight at the Martini Bar, you would be charged 15.00 + 15 % if you have the Classic package, but only 3.00 + 15% if you have the Premium package.

I would recommend that you wait until you get on board and see what the different bars offer and what they charge for the drinks you like to drink. You can choose to upgrade to the Premium package at any time during your cruise with up to only 3 days remaining and the 11.50 up charge (10.00 + 15%) would be prorated on a daily basis depending upon the number of days that you decide to upgrade for till the end of your cruise. If you do decide to upgrade to the premium package, it also includes upgraded water such as Evian and San Pellegrino, upgraded coffees and teas, upgraded vitamin waters and also Red Bull.

Edited by SNJCruisers

A big Aussie welcome to everyone and we hope your stay in Australia before the big float, regardless of how long, is fun and enjoyable.

For all coming to Australia for the first time who enjoy a nice drop of rum may I suggest a shot of our famous Bundaberg Rum. There are several strengths and flavours so just go for it. We look forward to meeting as many of you as we can and share some stories.

Sydney and surrounds is a lovely area for you to adventure. The greater Sydney area consist of 656 suburbs all of which have their own unique culture and historic areas. Public and private transport is easily accessible so we encourage you to get out and see as much as you can.

Cheers

Margaret and David

A big Aussie welcome to everyone and we hope your stay in Australia before the big float, regardless of how long, is fun and enjoyable.

For all coming to Australia for the first time who enjoy a nice drop of rum may I suggest a shot of our famous Bundaberg Rum. There are several strengths and flavours so just go for it. We look forward to meeting as many of you as we can and share some stories.

Sydney and surrounds is a lovely area for you to adventure. The greater Sydney area consist of 656 suburbs all of which have their own unique culture and historic areas. Public and private transport is easily accessible so we encourage you to get out and see as much as you can.

Margaret and David

Thanks for the tips! We're sailing from Honolulu to Sydney this coming October on the Solstice and plan to take several days exploring Sydney beyond the harbour area and Opera House, which we saw briefly some years ago. Will be looking for your Bundaberg Rum.

Cheers,

Don & Prue in sunny Delray Beach, FL

My wife and I are booked on Infinity for next March and have taken the free Classic drinks package. I would like to upgrade to the premium package but my wife is happy with the Classic. Can just one of us upgrade? Thanks.

My wife and I are booked on Infinity for next March and have taken the free Classic drinks package. I would like to upgrade to the premium package but my wife is happy with the Classic. Can just one of us upgrade? Thanks.

No. The FAQs sticky from Celebrity on this board says that both passengers must upgrade.

Forget that DH is going premium so I have to upgrade under the 123 even though I won't use it

Wait until you get on board to upgrade. Even though the sticky in the FAQ section states that everyone that has the Classic through the 123 promo must upgrade if one person wants to, it has been reported on this board that the exact opposite has happened on board. So, as usual, different results could occur depending upon which ship you're on or even which sailing you're on. If you are forced to upgrade, then be adventurous and try a new drink at the Martini Bar or even better yet, the Molecular bar if you're sailing on a S Class ship.

Just got back from the Connie- I had been sad reading through this thread and thinking I couldn't get my Pinot Noir (absolute favorite kind of wine!) with dinner with the Classic package. Imagine my joy when on the first night, we had to wait for a table (with select dining,) and so we went across the hall and waited in Cellar Masters, and discovered that they have an $8 Pinot Noir! That became my stopping place every night before dinner. :D

(That particular one, the Matua, is interestingly available in the MDR only via the bottle.) I'm so glad I found out on the first day that the wine selections are different in Cellar Masters! Just an FYI for anyone else who is curious about different variety.

Classic level scotchs are JW Red, Dewars White label, J&B, and Cutty Sark, whereas the Premium level choices would be JW Black, Dewars 12 yr old, Chivas Regal and Glenfiddich. Classic level clears are Beefeaters, Tangueray, If a drink costs 15.00, like the Martini Flight at the Martini Bar, you would be charged 15.00 + 15 % if you have the Classic package, but only 3.00 + 15% if you have the Premium package.

Martini Flights are NOT included in the Premium package and you cannot pay the difference. This was the case on the Reflection. Just came off the ship on Saturday.

Haven't gone through the thread but has anyone mentioned that you receive a 30 percent discount off a bottle of wine if you have the Premium package? There is the additional 15 percent automatic gratuity also.

Martini Flights are NOT included in the Premium package and you cannot pay the difference. This was the case on the Reflection. Just came off the ship on Saturday.

Haven't gone through the thread but has anyone mentioned that you receive a 30 percent discount off a bottle of wine if you have the Premium package? There is the additional 15 percent automatic gratuity also.

Since the martini Flights are 15.00 and the Premium package tops out at 12.00, obviously it is not included. But it has been reported that any alcohol above the 12.00 can be ordered and you pay full price if you have the Classic (actually anything 8.50 & up), but you're only charged the difference in price if you have the Premium package. I would just buy the full size versions individually anyway, since they are 12.00 and included.

Since the martini Flights are 15.00 and the Premium package tops out at 12.00, obviously it is not included. But it has been reported that any alcohol above the 12.00 can be ordered and you pay full price if you have the Classic (actually anything 8.50 & up), but you're only charged the difference in price if you have the Premium package. I would just buy the full size versions individually anyway, since they are 12.00 and included.

Yes, that is correct. My husband had a bottle of Chimay in Michael's Club that was $24. He was charged the additional $12 + 15 percent. What I was correcting in my previous post was saying that the Martini flights are included. They are not. Neither are the wine flights.

Hi to everyone. This question may have already been asked but please bare with me to ask again. I usually buy wine for the dinning room. middle package. But I cannot find it this time for the Celebrity Eclipse.? Before you could buy 5/7 or 12 bottles. or something like that. ? Can someone point me in the right direction. Many thanks Brenda

just off the Silhouette yesterday - i strongly suggest anyone with the classic upgrade to the premium. It was so nice to order almost anything I wanted and not have to worry about the final bill.

not only glenfiddich but also Laphroig scotch is included, and all the top shelve vodkas.

also the martinis in the Ice Bar are fantastic, and the sommelier kept the wine flowing at dinner.

Agree that Premium is the way to go. We upgraded and paid the $10 extra per person, per day + 15 percent gratuity for our Reflection cruise that ended last Saturday. Cost was $161 for my husband and myself. I kept a daily log of what we drank. For the week's cruise, it totaled $1,005.

Agree that Premium is the way to go. We upgraded and paid the $10 extra per person, per day + 15 percent gratuity for our Reflection cruise that ended last Saturday. Cost was $161 for my husband and myself. I kept a daily log of what we drank. For the week's cruise, it totaled $1,005.

I might have topped that...oh well they say rehab is not too bad.

just off the Silhouette yesterday - i strongly suggest anyone with the classic upgrade to the premium. It was so nice to order almost anything I wanted and not have to worry about the final bill.

not only glenfiddich but also Laphroig scotch is included, and all the top shelve vodkas.

also the martinis in the Ice Bar are fantastic, and the sommelier kept the wine flowing at dinner.

Like has been said before, it really depends what a person drinks. I would venture a guess that 95% of Americans would be perfectly happy with what is included in the Classic package. I am just off the Constellation from 5 days, and DH and I never wanted a single thing that wasn't available with the classic package. Wewould strongly suggest anyone with the classic NOT upgrade to the premium, unless you know that you really *must* have top-shelf liquors or the fanciest martinis. We were perfectly happy with the large selection of mixed drinks, variety of wine, and DH had his bacardi and coke! :D

(I agree that it is nice to not worry about the final bill, but that's easily solved since there should be no worrying if you simply order what's included in your package! That's not a benefit limited to the Premium package...)

How was the selection of beers at Michael's on the Silhouette?