2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

I really don't think the reps get much info.They really should be told more,I think.

I just called and the rep basically told me the same thing as above.Kept insisting someone can book before April 2013..:rolleyes:

There is really not much we can do ,but keep looking to see when they open up.

RCCL really has dropped the ball in this department..

My conversation this morning:

Annette: [8:10:17 AM] Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean, my name is Annette, how may I help you?

Barbara: [8:10:17 AM] When is the schedule for May 2013 for San Juan going to open up.

Annette: [8:10:56 AM] We do not have any dates for those yet, and no current time for them to be released. I apologize!

Barbara: [8:11:30 AM] I thought it was supposed to be today 5/15 ! Is the Jewel going to be out of San Juan

Annette: [8:11:59 AM] one moment

Barbara: [8:15:04 AM] Are you still there?

Annette: [8:15:48 AM] yes, i am sorry it does take a few moments

[8:16:14 AM] they are not in our syste

[8:16:17 AM] system

Barbara: [8:16:52 AM] Why can Travel Agents see it and not Royal

[8:17:18 AM] customers

Annette: [8:17:32 AM] i dont believe they can if it is not in our system

Barbara: [8:18:34 AM] Well, I just don't think it is right to post that it will open today and it doesn't and you don't send your valued customers an update.

Annette: [8:19:23 AM] I am sorry for the inconvenience but i still do not show it. If you are currently working with a travel agency then they would be able to help you with your booking of course.

Barbara: [8:19:48 AM] Thank you

Annette: [8:20:02 AM] it may log into our system later today, i do not know

that's hilarious - I had the exact same conversation with "Annette" at 8:00 am

The Legend is open on Cruising Power for groups, but still nothing on either SJU ship or the Grandeur. So the Longer Caribbean and Canal cruises are posted.

I see it showing but I dont see it available to book as a group........not that I need that...

The Legend is open on Cruising Power for groups, but still nothing on either SJU ship or the Grandeur. So the Longer Caribbean and Canal cruises are posted.

Question: The Canal cruises, are they all sailings thru the Canal or is RCCL going to start offering cruises like Celebrity and Holland America that goes to Colon?

Question: The Canal cruises, are they all sailings thru the Canal or is RCCL going to start offering cruises like Celebrity and Holland America that goes to Colon?

FYI Celebrity Cruises already has available several full transits of the Panama Canal in Winter 2013/2014 on the Celebrity Century.

Apparently RCL has no idea how anxious we are to throw money at them. :D

I think several cruise lines are reaping the benefits of RCI's fumble this year. I've read posts here of customers who have waited and waited, then just booked with Princess or Celebrity in frustration. Unless RCI releases some amazing itineraries they may lose out on some of their frequent guests who just didn't see reason to wait any longer.

It really is annoying when someone wants to book a cruise that is less than a year away and can't..:mad:
It makes me wonder if they forgot they were losing Monarch next year and went into a scramble last month trying to figure out how to replace her. They had most deployment scheduled to be released last month and then all of a sudden, most deployments were delayed basically a month. Either that or they decided to change things up last minute.

There must be one port out a ship next year because RCCL has one less ship - I guess it's Europe???

I think several cruise lines are reaping the benefits of RCI's fumble this year. I've read posts here of customers who have waited and waited, then just booked with Princess or Celebrity in frustration. Unless RCI releases some amazing itineraries they may lose out on some of their frequent guests who just didn't see reason to wait any longer.

I suppose if cruisers book Celebrity, it doesn't hurt RCI. They only feel the loss if passengers go to a Carnival-owned line or Norwegian.

However, you're right about straining loyalty. I was on the fence and VERY CLOSE to booking Summit. If I hadn't liked the Jewel itineraries, I'd have definitely made the switch. And even if I don't do it this time, that doesn't mean it hasn't opened my eyes to the possibilities for the future. While waiting for the RCL releases, I did enough research to feel comfortable trying a non-Royal ship. There was a time I wouldn't even LOOK at other itineraries.

Those of us anxious to book this far out are avid cruisers who return year after year. We don't book on a whim and cancel before final payment. We provide the company's predictable, bottom-line income. RCL has a great loyalty program, but they fall on their faces sometimes when it comes to really BASIC things.

We are one of those guests. I was all pumped, ready to book back in April. (I carried the laptop on vacation so I could book the cruise when it released.) As we all know too well what happened, Celebrity released their schedules as planned, but nothing from RCCL except a delay.

I found an itin, ship, and cabin I liked on Celebrity, but decided to wait. Sadly, the cabin disappeared so I figured just as well, RCCL will come thru for me. Just toying around one day and amazingly, the cabin reappeared. So, I jumped on it and said if RCCL comes thru I can always cancel.

After reading the wonderful updates from Kathy and the others that have Cruising Power access, I am glad I moved forward with the Equinox cruise. I secured the itin, ship, cabin and OBC from Celebrity that I am happy with, since it appears the itin's that RCCL is offering is a repeat of years past.

I'm still after Bahamas in Fall 2013 (guess that is next week), but also would like to see a good what I call Panama Canal like HAL / Celebrity offers, that enters the "harbor" area of the Canal but remains on the Caribbean side. (I don't have the time to do a full transit right now.)

I'd love for them to offer what they used to-a partial canal cruise!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!:D

I'd love for them to offer what they used to-a partial canal cruise!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!:D

Thank you. (Come on RCCL does us a good one.)

I thought I recall seeing that in one of the brochures. If I am not mistaken, it was just a few years ago.

It would be great if they offered them again.

P.S. Thanks for the terminology "partial Canal cruise". I was stuggling with what to call it.

I thought I recall seeing that in one of the brochures. If I am not mistaken, it was just a few years ago.

P.S. Thanks for the terminology "partial Canal cruise". I was stuggling with what to call it.

You're welcome!!

I spout this request whenever I can around here!!:D

I figure if I can get enough natives restless and join my crusade ;)-maybe they will actually hear and listen.

I suppose if cruisers book Celebrity, it doesn't hurt RCI. They only feel the loss if passengers go to a Carnival-owned line or Norwegian.

However, you're right about straining loyalty. I was on the fence and VERY CLOSE to booking Summit. If I hadn't liked the Jewel itineraries, I'd have definitely made the switch. And even if I don't do it this time, that doesn't mean it hasn't opened my eyes to the possibilities for the future. While waiting for the RCL releases, I did enough research to feel comfortable trying a non-Royal ship. There was a time I wouldn't even LOOK at other itineraries.

Those of us anxious to book this far out are avid cruisers who return year after year. We don't book on a whim and cancel before final payment. We provide the company's predictable, bottom-line income. RCL has a great loyalty program, but they fall on their faces sometimes when it comes to really BASIC things.

And I think that's part of my point - that the delays have opened up the eyes of so many who would have never 'strayed' from RCI. They began looking at the wide variety of other options on non-RCCL products for next summer since schedules are so slow in being released (and continuously pushed back), as well as those who just want to book into winter 2013/2014 and get it over with but have only found themselves thumping their keyboards with notes of discontent at RCI's continued delays. Even Loyal Royals have their limitations in patience. ;)

New itin's for Amsterdam and Vision still remain top seacret. (unless we've missed something). What's up?

I hear ya!!!!

The Harwich departure is 12 nights..

Correct....but I think even the A'Dam Russia cruises are longer than 7 nights.

Ugh! This is what happened two years ago when I ended up booking a Princess Greek Isles cruise after waiting and waiting (and waiting) for Royal to release their itineraries. When Royal finally did, they just didn't compare to what I already had, so I stuck with Princess.

The Legend itineraries do look nice. Too bad they don't include Martinique or I would be tempted to ditch the Jewel.

We call it the "fake" Canal cruise . Love that itinerary and would love to do it again.

Archived