how is the donut shop and the candy shop on Oasis?

JoyB

We tried several different donuts on the Oasis and didn't find one that we liked. They were dry and almost stale tasting. I am not hard to please when it comes to sweets, so I was very disappointed to find that no one in my family liked the donuts. Now, I did find plenty of other good things to eat!

Donuts, I'll agree with the others in that they were nothing special. Dry, stale-tasting. Not great. The candy store is VERY expensive, oh my godness. Our kids bought a smallish bag to share with new friends for a movie in the Aqua Theater one night and the bill was close to 9 bucks. I mean, not a biggie but WAY more money than we would have paid on land, of course. ;) If you have a sweet tooth, better off to bring your own bag of candy.

Well the "free" donut shop was like..Disney world's, well no; like Universal studios' no; Sea world's? um no...Six flags nope.................They all do not have em so the free donut shop on the Oasis was fantastic!!! Sure all the donuts were not the best..some are better, some worse and a one or two really good ones...none of it is poison!

Candy was was pretty cool too...........I am sure the price per pound is on par with any movie theater or theme park's prices.

At the end of the day, and when you consider everything........the Oasis class cruise vacation is pretty amazing.

Well the "free" donut shop was like..Disney world's, well no; like Universal studios' no; Sea world's? um no...Six flags nope.................They all do not have em so the free donut shop on the Oasis was fantastic!!! Sure all the donuts were not the best..some are better, some worse and a one or two really good ones...none of it is poison!

Candy was was pretty cool too...........I am sure the price per pound is on par with any movie theater or theme park's prices.

At the end of the day, and when you consider everything........the Oasis class cruise vacation is pretty amazing.

Just because food is free it's fantastic??:rolleyes:

Just because food is free it's fantastic??:rolleyes:

Nope that is the obvious assumption......Free does not equal fantastic... What is fantastic is that the shoppe is there all!!! My kids love the donut shop............they love it for many more reasons than just the taste.

Sure they are not great donuts...........what is great is that RCI has made it available to all...even the negative complainers.:)

I was a little disappointed about the donuts (ditto what the others have said). We were on the sister ship Allure.

It's kind of funny....I had been looking at the hotdogs (at the hotdog stand across the way) and had been wondering how they would taste. One of the rare times I was not hungry I tried one of the dogs. It was kind of like the donuts.... they were dry and kind of stale. But hey....you won't go hungry on the ship.

About the candy ....didn't buy any:p

• 7 months later...

I though the dounts where sorta dry, but I agree with the comment about the promenade cafe, they have really good snacks there, the brownies were good.

The Candy store was called pin wheels and it was sorta stale and VERY VERY Expensive.. I am going to costco before we go on the allure and get some packs of mike and ikes and put them with my suit case for a candy fix

Donut Shop - unless you're there first thing in the morning when the donuts are placed in the case it's ok. Otherwise they seat too long before and RCCL personnel come to replace them. If fact not certain if anyone even checks.

Candy Shop - very expensive for what you get.

I don't know if it's because we went early (as soon as it opened), but we really liked the doughnuts on Oasis--they were very fresh.

The candy was ridiculously priced. They priced it by the 1/4 lb, I think, to make it look cheaper, and even at that, the price looked expensive for a FULL pound!

Ok..I guess I have to chime in.. Our family thought the donuts were good..Not great but not as bad as everyone has said..but again, thats just our opinion.. :) I did buy candy..I looked on my receipt & its not noted how much per lb. I spent 3.75 & it was not much..lol I will bring our own next time.. But it was good..just blk candy.. Enjoy!

Archived