Vow Renewal

gohokies

The DW and I just did ours on the Golden in October. I'm still collecting husband points for arranging that. The ships crew did everything they could to make it a memorable event and they succeeded. the DW is still talking about it. They got her flowers for the ceremony and the vows the Captain read were fantastic. They also had one of the ships Photographers there. We think it was well worth the money spent and I think my DW would like to do it again (maybe in another ten years),

Have experience on the Coral and on the Diamond Princess (one mine, one my sister's). The Princess staff does a good job coordinating vow renewals once you are aboard. Although they put on the information that it may be a group renewal, unless you are doing it on a Valentine's Day cruise, my experience is that it will be private. I have yet to see anyone post here that they were unhappy.

I did a vow renewal to celebrate a belated one year anniversary with my wife. We were the only couple that cruise, so it was private. It was done on the first formal night before the Captain's celebration and champagne waterfall. We went from the chapel to dinner. The Passenger Services manager had offered to make reservations for us that night, I declined, but in retrospect wished I had asked her to get u a table for 2 in the Anytime dining room that night. We were able to get a private table, thankfully.

Not sure if it was planned, but when we were walking through the Atrium to get to the dining room, the string quartet was playing "Hava Nagila". I'm sure it was pure coincidence, but it was a nice gesture for the evening.

It was a surprise for my wife, she had no idea until we got to the cabin and I had to explain why there were chocolates and champagne waiting.

My Husband and I are thinking about renewing our vows for our 20th wedding anniversary on the Caribbean Princess 2013. Has anyone done this and what was your experience. Any information would be helpful.

We did it several months ago. It was great. We invite several people we met during the cruise. There was one other couple.:)

my dh planned it as a surprise for me on our 25th & it was a fabulous experience.

it was a private ceremony, on one of the formal nights, and fabulous. The ship's photographer took pics, and someone took pics of us with our camera, too.

Then friends of ours did it for their anniversary. Theirs was also a private ceremony, on one of the formal nights.

Definitely worth doing.

My Husband and I are thinking about renewing our vows for our 20th wedding anniversary on the Caribbean Princess 2013. Has anyone done this and what was your experience. Any information would be helpful.

We did this on HAL for our 25th in 2004. It was a very lovely service by the captain. They had a little champagne/hors d'oeuvres reception for all the couples who were renewing--there were about 6 couples, as I recall) but you can invite friends to join also. Then you are all seated in a little room and one by one you go up and the captain says the vows. We (*I*) wanted to do our own vows, which we said after the captain's recital. Then you get a little certificate that has the words the captain said. Really quite nice, considering you are sharing with strangers and taking turns saying the same thing. Oh, and flowers were delivered to our cabin.

Happy anniversary!!

My wife and I will be doing our renewal of vows for our 25th anniversary aboard the Ruby departing on March 25th.

With any luck, it will be scheduled on our first sea day/formal night - the 27th, which is our anniversary. :)

I'll report back when we return.

My wife will be wearing a floor-length dress for the ceremony - which will un-doubtably get wrinkled on the way to the ship.

How good is the ship's laundry? Can they be "trusted" to press or steam out wrinkles in a dress?

Another question - The "wedding cam" like the "bridge cam" says the image is updated every 5 minutes. Does anyone know if the wedding cam is put into a "live - streaming" mode during ceremonies? Would like to give the link to family at home so they can watch but with just a snapshot every 5 minutes might miss the whole thing....

There isn't enough bandwidth to do a live stream.

Odds are, it will be held on the first formal night, so you are probably safe there. I would say the whole thing lasted about 15 minutes, so it won't be fully missed.

You will find out when you board what day/time it is. I had to go to the passenger services desk to finalize everything after we boarded. That should be enough time for you to call relatives and let them know when to tune in.

• 2 months later...

We were not given the option of choosing the day. I was told it was scheduled into the captain's duties. That made sense to me. I think you could ask for a specific day but be ready to be told "no". I thought it was nice that it was on a formal night. We were all dressed up and the captain had his formal uniform on. We traveled with our daughter and her family. We did ours for our 35th and our granddaughter fit perfectly into the dress our original flower girl wore. It was a very special evening! The ceremony was private.

On the Sun Princess recently the couple on our dining table were having a vow renewal. They asked us to 'stand for them' and we were pleased to It was held during the afternoon in the Library which had been transformed with scrunched satin on every surface and two colums holding flowers which gave them an aisle to walk down. The flowers were magnificent there were loads of photographs and the Captain read a poem on love from the 16th century which he had found It was very moving throughout. We then shared a bottle of good champagne It was the second time this couple had renewed and they thought this was the better one. More relaxed being during the afternoon rather than just before dinner. What was also nice waa the Captain included us in the ceremony and asked us to sign the register as witn4esswes.

Archived