Wifi access now available at the Dockyard

FIRELT5

Just so everyone is aware...this is not free wifi. Prices are listed in the ad box adjacent to the "story". I used quotes because this looks like a press release masquerading as a news story, and I recall reading about this service late last year when it actually was new. The company probably decided to re-release this announcement since the cruise season is about to start.

All that having been said, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a wifi package from your cruise ship.

$14.99 for the time we are docked is a very good deal. We have some free Internet time from the ship but as we have to keep an eye on our business that may not be enough. I look forward to hearing if we might be able to pick it up from the balcony of our ship

• 1 month later...

Skype and such uses a lot of bandwidth. The bandwidth is shared among all users online at the same time so if too many people are using skype at the same time it will slow things down for everyone. Lets hope everyone is considerate enough to keep the facetime down so everyone can enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am at the dockyard aboard NCL Dawn right now using the TBI WIFI. Picked up a coupon with a code at the info center and just typed it in and on line in no time. The only problem is it goes from just barley ok speed to too slow to be of any use. Earlier this afternoon it was so slow I couldn't even check e-mail. Right now it just OK. We are docked port side and I can get a good signal on my 10th deck port side balcony.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
So I am at the dockyard aboard NCL Dawn right now using the TBI WIFI. Picked up a coupon with a code at the info center and just typed it in and on line in no time. The only problem is it goes from just barley ok speed to too slow to be of any use. Earlier this afternoon it was so slow I couldn't even check e-mail. Right now it just OK. We are docked port side and I can get a good signal on my 10th deck port side balcony.

Thanks for posting this. What is the cost?

We are docked port side and I can get a good signal on my 10th deck port side balcony.

That is great info, we are in an aft cabin so hopefully we will be able to work from the balcony - sad I know work on a cruise but if we do not, we would have to stay at home just in case, and this is one compromise I am happy to make

Just got home from Bermuda!!

I was super excited when I found the TBI wifi service. $3 for an hour - $10 for 24 hours compared to the Carnival rate seemed like a dream!

It was very spotty during what I would consider peak hours. I found that very late and very early, the wifi was decent and steady.

On the ship, dock side, balcony, 5th floor

There were times when it worked decently. . .but most of the time it was very slow and lots of drops.

Still, I bought another hour after my 24 hours ran out. Much cheaper than package on the ship and I just wanted to message my family on facebook and check email.

Archived