Going solo! Got dumped the day we leave.

Breezie68

To the 3 of you who asked what drink this is......sorry to disappoint you, but it's just a green apple martini that I used a special color effect on. Bummer I know.

Those are delish!!!

232323232%7Ffp432%3C4%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D32337%3B4%3B898%3B3nu0mrj

Off topic... but I just recently tried the Crystal Light Appletini drink mix with vodka, and LOVE them. Will be bringing some of that along on the next cruise. Takes up little space, no sugar, and yummy. Here's to Appletini's... *clink*

Those are delish!!!

232323232%7Ffp432%3C4%3Enu%3D3238%3E972%3E799%3EWSNRCG%3D32337%3B4%3B898%3B3nu0mrj

Off topic... but I just recently tried the Crystal Light Appletini drink mix with vodka, and LOVE them. Will be bringing some of that along on the next cruise. Takes up little space, no sugar, and yummy. Here's to Appletini's... *clink*

Well, let me help you tie it in....OP, you should try one of the awesome, and often strong, martinis on your cruise. :D

I will have to try the Crystal Light Appletini now that I know it's good (I was worried it would be nasty). DH can't have it though, since it has artificial sweeteners in it. I'll drink his share too. ;):D

Well, let me help you tie it in....OP, you should try one of the awesome, and often strong, martinis on your cruise. :D

I will have to try the Crystal Light Appletini now that I know it's good (I was worried it would be nasty). DH can't have it though, since it has artificial sweeteners in it. I'll drink his share too. ;):D

Very good. ;)

The CL Appletinis obviously won't taste the same as the real thing, but they are a pretty good substitute IMO. I've always taken other Crystal Light to go packets to mix our own cocktails; they taste great & are so easy to travel with. Good tips for the OP!!:D

Idk. It's really difficult to say anything opinionated on a message board without offending someone. No matter which way you turn, someone is going to shove you in a corner.

Clearly I engaged in cyber stalking myself, so I understand the appeal of it. It was entertaining and easy because the op has shared a lot of personal info on the boards. That really makes me think about how anything you say online is accessible, so be careful when sharing your Facebook or email address on roll calls. I think that's why I felt so creepy doing it.. Because I wasn't expecting to find anything, really, but there was a lot of personal info there.

Also, to everyone who always asks, do you have nothing better to do? If you are on a message board in the first place, you clearly have some time to kill.

Anyway, if you put your opinions or information out there on message boards, expect people to comment on your "habits.". Whether it's creeping or complaining about people creeping.

I agree and I want to make sure you know I wasn't critizing you or trying to shove you in a corner. I was pointing out that we all are on a message board that in it's basic premise is about sharing information and a lot of it is is very personal.

I find it funny how people will criticize people for doing something that they think is wrong but then will get upset if someone criticizes them for criticizing someone else, which is something that the second poster thinks is wrong. :D ( that makes my head hurt)

Does it really matter whose fault it was? At least for my friends, when they go through a breakup, I go buy a tub of chocolate icecream and bring over a chick flick and let her cry it out while we both talk about what a horrible person the guy is. I do this even if in my heart I think that the guy should have broken up with my friend. I don't think during a break-up is the time to say, "I told you so, or you should have done this." There is time for having a heart-to-heart later on.

I think most of the comments on here where people are "blaming the guy" are in actuality just people who have been through similar experiences just lending a sympathetic ear.

Exactly, I really wonder what some of the posters would do if there was no internet.:rolleyes: I don't understand why the OP would even post this on here so that the posters that don't have a life can pick apart her business because they obviously have too much time on their hands. That's why I just look at picture reviews and rarely post because I'm not a "behind the computer/back, passive aggressive" type person and some of the comments on here infuriates me so much that it drives me from posting. Oh well let me go back to work......

Hmmm, this sounds like a passive, no make that an aggressive post. :cool:

Exactly ON ALL COUNTS. Just show up and check in. Say he may or may not make the ship. He doesn't make it but you would never get that money back anyway. Go to the excursion desk and cancel his excursions. There are usually people waiting to buy tickets that are sold out and might be turned in.

He's an idiot and you would NOT have had a good time cruising with him if all he could think about was breaking up with you.

Time to start over.;)

Wrong, had she called ahead of time (and maybe if she goes to gsd immediately) she would get back the port taxes/government fees on his fare.

She will get his port charges back even if he didnt cancel. If you don't cruise, Carnival refunds those. It makes sense because these were not Canival's, rather Carnival collects and remits them to the ports.

NO!!! DO NOT tell them that he cancelled. Just tell them he's running late or something and eventually when he doesn't check-in he'll be a no-show. Otherwise, they will charge you for the single/solo rate which is like twice the price of 2 people in the room. You/he won't get a refund on his fare but that's better being charged the single rate. They may reimburse you for the excursions and/or port fee's but check with the purser's desk when you get on board.

Have a great time!!

This is incorrect. I've Cruised Solo many times and while the Cruise price is the same for 1 person as for 2 it is not double the price for 2. They would not give you back his half of the charges BUT they might be willing to give you the extra port charges and taxes back and refund the tour tickets you won't be able to use. Bottom line, you might not get money back but you certainly should not be charged more!

Good for you to still go! I'm single and go with my kids all the time. Your gonna be fine. If I remember correctly, the first night of the cruise they have a "single meet and greet" in the disco. May be something worth looking into :)

the funny thing is if a guy would come on here with the same exact story the women would say what do you do wrong to make her leave lol men are always wrong
Well duh!:D

Someone previously pointed out that women will support their female friends by slagging the man even

when they believe she was at fault. Men do this far less.

BTW, I don't consider this behavior a bad thing. Support is a good thing.

OP.........I don't know you and you don't know me, so I'm not going to speculate about your personal business. Since this is a cruise board, I'm just going to wish you a great cruise and hope that you can get a break from whatever is going on in your life.

I have to say too, that I'm cruising solo this next cruise, but by my own choice. I decided I wanted to know what it was like not to have to share closet space, bathroom time and mirror time, lol. I will have friends with me though. But if by some act of God I do find a b/f between now and then, I'm still keeping my room to myself. He will simply have to book his own room. :D I heart more closet space.:p

Well duh!:D

Someone previously pointed out that women will support their female friends by slagging the man even

when they believe she was at fault. Men do this far less.

BTW, I don't consider this behavior a bad thing. Support is a good thing.

And to think women call men sexist

Archived