Going solo! Got dumped the day we leave.

Breezie68

Yeah, yeah, I said I would stop, but this mystery is freakishly addicting. I was going to post a copy of her first post on CC, but I felt weird and mean doing it, so go look it up yourselves if you're curious.

Anyway - her countdown says "single ladies cruise" - when did she have time to change that? And I thought her friend was with her husband/boyfriend?

But, judging from her roll call, OP is going to have no problem making friends. She already has CCers she's planning to meet up with and seems to be extremely friendly and personable. I think she'll have a great time without the ex-bf.

What I find "weird" is how folks go back and do research on what others have said previously just to out them as liars or to bolster their own version of things. I simply don't have the time nor inclination for that kinda stuff. I try to keep in mind that y'all are strangers and I just don't care that much to do all that work.

What I find "weird" is how folks go back and do research on what others have said previously just to out them as liars or to bolster their own version of things. I simply don't have the time nor inclination for that kinda stuff. I try to keep in mind that y'all are strangers and I just don't care that much to do all that work.

I agree, it's totally weird, and I am honestly creeping myself out at the moment. :o

OP - I mean no disrespect! I hope you have a fantastic time on your cruise, and I apologize for cyber creeping you. Honestly, it's out of character for me, and I actually rolled my eyes at the first person who bothered doing it.

I agree, it's totally weird, and I am honestly creeping myself out at the moment. :o

OP - I mean no disrespect! I hope you have a fantastic time on your cruise, and I apologize for cyber creeping you. Honestly, it's out of character for me, and I actually rolled my eyes at the first person who bothered doing it.

What a wonderful gracious followup post.

Like 7 years ago my boyfriend and I booked a cruise with a balcony, hotel, and car rental. The week before, his ex girlfriend calls to let me know they're back together and I better stay away from her man and yadda yadda. So I told her that was fine (Life's too short to waste time on people like that...) and that we needed to cancel our cruise together on the phone with carnival so we'd both get back our refundable parts. She said that he might still go but doesn't know. (FYI: I was in the military and flew here from japan already for this cruise). I informed her that if *I* cancelled, he'd have to pay more to go. If he cancelled, I'd have to pay more to go (at the single rate). Anyway, long discussion ensued. Finally, I called Carnival and spoke to the funniest lady. I told her my predicament and how I actually DID want to go...just not with him. She told me she couldn't really technically tell me what to do...but there was a way *wink wink*. I spent about 5 hours on the phone arranging everything. Got the name changed to me and my dad. GOt a copy of his birth certificate faxed to carnival, went on priceline and got a last minute ticket to MIA. Changed the "secret code" that carnival uses to change anything on your cruise and suprised my dad with an all expense paid cruise!! I sent the ex a courtesy email and let him know NOT to show up in MIA cause it would just be sad and embarassing and I'd pay his nonrefundable part back to him if he wanted but I was going with another man and thanks for suggesting we upgrade to a balcony months ago!! Couldn't have asked for a better time. Turns out my dad is the perfect co-cruiser! He wakes up at 5 every day for work so every morning I would wake up, eat the breakfast that room service had brought and then go meet him out by the pool. Perfect vacation.

Exactly, I really wonder what some of the posters would do if there was no internet.:rolleyes: I don't understand why the OP would even post this on here so that the posters that don't have a life can pick apart her business because they obviously have too much time on their hands. That's why I just look at picture reviews and rarely post because I'm not a "behind the computer/back, passive aggressive" type person and some of the comments on here infuriates me so much that it drives me from posting. Oh well let me go back to work......

It's cute how people are like, "I don't care about people's personal lives! People should mind their own business. Stop being so nosy" etc. Did the title of this thread look like it was a cruise review to anyone? :) It looked to me like drama from the title alone...

No offense. Just find it a little humorous on this late night:)

It's one thing to look and move on, but to pick apart who's right and wrong post after post is another. I clicked on it mainly because I couldn't believe how many posts it had from the title. Just like I can't believe the post out there about Is Carnival a low class line? I can't believe ppl are still beating that dead horse. I really don't care cuz as you can see I don't post that often in 6 years of joining. It's just a way to get through a 12hr shift.

Exactly, I really wonder what some of the posters would do if there was no internet.:rolleyes: Oh well let me go back to work......

If you didnt have the internet maybe you would get some work done:D

I've done solo twice and so, to cheer you up, here are some pros:

1) It's easy to find a single seat anywhere, in shows, on decks, in dining areas. Way easy. This can be a big deal when there are crowds.

2) Solo cruisers are always more intriguing, they have better stories, and they're friendlier (okay, that's all just my opinion).

Also, if you're booked at a table for four in the MDR, with your paired friends who have other interests, think about trying to get moved to a big table with mixed passengers. It's actually easier to mix in with a group when you're solo. It's not difficult for solos to get reassigned in the MDR if they ask. There's always a table here or there with an open seat.[/QU

What a great suggestion~ I hope you can start conversation with anyone. It's fun to meet new people anyhow :) even though I go with my husband I end up at the shows by myself anyhow. Have a few drinks and ENJOY your self :)

NO do not tell Carnival!! They will cancel him and then you may have to pay to cruise solo (twice the price). You will get no refund for him now. Just board w/o him.

He is an idiot!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Exactly ON ALL COUNTS. Just show up and check in. Say he may or may not make the ship. He doesn't make it but you would never get that money back anyway. Go to the excursion desk and cancel his excursions. There are usually people waiting to buy tickets that are sold out and might be turned in.

He's an idiot and you would NOT have had a good time cruising with him if all he could think about was breaking up with you.

Time to start over.;)

If she posted about a divorce in June and then a boyfriend in November breaking up with her, maybe he broke up with her to keep from buying her a Christmas present! As far as paying her back for the cruise, he might have never intended to do so.

It happens. I'd be curious to see if he broke up with her before Valentine's day, then they got back together.

2 sides to every story. What the heck could she have done, for him to leave a paid for cruise on the table. Maybe he was going to pay the bar bill. LOL

We dont know but remarkable how many people are automatically blaming the guy.

Suspect they are probably both to blame for this.

We dont know but remarkable how many people are automatically blaming the guy.

Suspect they are probably both to blame for this.

It was the guy's fault for not going, yes. But, I think the first post may have been a "feeler" for responses as more details were released by reading former postings. She already had meetups planned from the roll call. So, she's likely not quite as destitute as we originally thought.

It was the guy's fault for not going, yes. But, I think the first post may have been a "feeler" for responses as more details were released by reading former postings. She already had meetups planned from the roll call. So, she's likely not quite as destitute as we originally thought.

We really do not know why he is not going only her side of the story.

Love how we will dessect this to death though.

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vvdn0w

Wow, that is cold....

Archived