Going solo! Got dumped the day we leave.

Breezie68

Oh, honey...remember: The best revenge is living well! You are so fortunate to have shed this jerk. And, at least it was before you wasted a vacation with him. Have a great cruise, dance up a storm, have a DOD (or two), visit some fantastic places, make some new friends, and try not to dwell too much on it. You deserve every happiness, go out and get it!

NO!!! DO NOT tell them that he cancelled. Just tell them he's running late or something and eventually when he doesn't check-in he'll be a no-show. Otherwise, they will charge you for the single/solo rate which is like twice the price of 2 people in the room. You/he won't get a refund on his fare but that's better being charged the single rate. They may reimburse you for the excursions and/or port fee's but check with the purser's desk when you get on board.

Have a great time!!

HOLY CRAP! Well, it sounds like you have a great attitude. Go, relax, enjoy the much needed "you" time. Try to cancel some of the excursions and treat yourself to the spa. Make this cruise ALL ABOUT YOU! What a great way to get over someone....much better than moping around at home!

Single is NOT more expensive than two and port taxes may be refunded.

Bon Voyage!

She has already paid for two people, that is the most they can charge her. She will get the port fees back. If you prepaid tips, they would be refundable. Also the excursions would be refundable if you let them know right away.

This is from my pvp who I just spoke with. She said the only problem may occur is if you booked early saver.

I'm sorry that the horses butt has done this to you.

People should stop spreading mis-information and assumptions about not cancelling the HB (horses butt). The single cruise is NOT more expensive than a double - you are paying 2 x fares, but that is already paid. A solo is only paying one lot of port fees and other taxes. If the OP cancels the HB at check in she will get those refunded. I have never cancelled an excursion but have never heard or read of any reason why it can't be done.

Here are some positives:

1)The bed to yourself

2)The BATHROOM to yourself (no worries of the seat up at midnight!)

3)If booked in a balcony room.The Balcony to yourself (naked sunbathing!)

4)Get a book or some magazines before going to the port and have a READ fest!

Wait until AFTER the boat has sailed and then go to the purser's desk if you are going to advise them that you want reimbursement on excursions.

Your fellow CCer's have given you loads of good advice. It will hurt for a bit, but do you really want someone in your life that has no qualms on leaving you to cruise after you paid for vacation?? No.

Party like a Rock Star!

I'll give you a mans and always solo traveler answer.

He's a jerk.

You've already paid the single supplement for this cruise.

If you tell the cruise line early they may switch your rate from double occupancy..The rate as your paying now.. To the single supplement rate.. 200%..But no question on tax, port fees, and excursions..Only one person from the the start of the cruise. Easy refund.

Now, do not use this cruise as a rebound. You will have short term fun. But. It will not ease a bad break-up.

Advise from an old soldier. Have fun. Do the things you want to do. Worry about A**Hole* later. Yes *=S.

Don't have him cancel, just let him be a no show. Once you board, cancel his excursions and get a refund. Take that money and spend it on whatever you want- jewelry, clothes, shoes, spa....

Use this cruise to do whatever you want that a guy wouldn't want to do- watch chick flicks movies, go sunning, aerobics class, whatever. You can do whatever makes YOU happy. Try something you have always wanted to do, but were too scared or it was too expensive to do before.

You can also takeover the bathroom with your cosmetics and the closet with your shoes- after all the room is all yours. Keep the bed as a king, and lay across the whole thing, because it is all yours as well.

Don't be too concerned about meeting Mr. Right. Enjoy being single for the week. Have fun and flirt with any hot single man you meet, but don't let that distract you from doing things which you think are fun.

Anyways, what kind of loser has his girlfriend pay for his cruise and then dumps her before they leave? Better to get rid of him sooner rather than later.

Very sorry this happened to you. This guy doesn't know what he's missing out on- both you and the cruise. I hope you have an amazing time anyway without him. I went on the Destiny for my cruise and it was a lot of fun, you will find people to meet and hang out with.

dang I'm available and have a house in Northern Va and Florida!

You go have a good time and might be time to dump the friend too if it's all about her this week!

From Now on if they can't pay they can't play....or cruise!

Go light up the town...or ship in this case!

hope you clean the toilet with his toothbrush! Then return the losers stuff. make sure you include some boxers that aren't his!

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vvdn0w

You go girl!!! Enjoy yourself and have a great cruise....

So Sorry!:(

Here's some advice if you want it.;)

Check your Fun Time newspaper everyday and look and see if they have any meetings for singles. I see them all the time when I cruise.

If you like to party and drink, join up with the Pub Crawlers, I always see them running around the ship in big groups having tons of fun.

You seem to have a good attitude so I think you will be fine. If your girlfriend does not support you during this cruise and have your back, she's the one that will need to be dumped...by you! I don't expect that she needs to babysit you, but she should invite you to do some things with her and her boyfriend if she is a really good friend.

Good luck to you, and please do come back onto the boards after you cruise and let us know how it went. I wish you the best time ever!:D

Man oh man do I know the feeling.

Going on the Magic later this year in Nov, got dumped by my girlfriend a few weeks back.

Wonder if I can find someone new before then? Ah well, it's not a race!

HIS LOSS., He isnt a man he is a little boy. For him to do this day of is him being a coward.

You will look back at this day one year and be glad it happened. While it hurts right now it will get better.

Back in 2004 when the Destiny was cruising out of the PR the something similar happened to me. My GF and I had broke up a few weeks prior to the cruise and I went Solo.

Did get port fees and taxes refunded.

I Had A BLAST, Had alot of drinks and a few hookups to help ease the pain.

It was one of the best cruises Ive ever had.

Archived