Going solo! Got dumped the day we leave.

Breezie68

I just saw the OP response and other cruiser response that this cruise is during her boyfriend's, now ex, kid's birthday. Now I really understand why the ex canceled. Every real parent knows that it is best to be their for your child's special occasions and no cruise or anything else is more important than those occasions. The ex should not have been pressured into choosing which is more important, my kid or a cruise. All the weeks in the year, why didn't the OP just pick another week?

I just saw the OP response and other cruiser response that this cruise is during her boyfriend's, now ex, kid's birthday. Now I really understand why the ex canceled. Every real parent knows that it is best to be their for your child's special occasions and no cruise or anything else is more important than those occasions. The ex should not have been pressured into choosing which is more important, my kid or a cruise. All the weeks in the year, why didn't the OP just pick another week?

He knew when they booked that the cruise was on his son's bday. Just an excuse because he is a loser.

Good thing he is gone....

I am assuming the child's date of birth did not change....so he knew what that date was when he booked it.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully you didn't pay for his portion. I have read about jerks that hate someone so much that their form of revenge or getting back was to plan and then dump someone at the last minute. I believe in Karma. Most thing happens for the best and those that do evil things will end up on the losing end.

Enjoy your cruise.

typical women trying to come between a father and his child. no wonder why he dumped her

Ouch, but he did say yes to going in the first place! Maybe he should have been a man and said no, bad week lets pick a different one and paid for his share..typical man!

Ouch, but he did say yes to going in the first place! Maybe he should have been a man and said no, bad week lets pick a different one and paid for his share..typical man!

I so agree, he should have gotten in his wallet and given her his share of the cruise.

they are both wrong she should never of booked a cruise on his kids birthday and he shouldnt of said yes. but the op said herself he is mad because she doesnt understand the way he feels. maybe if she was a little more understanding about his feelings and a little sympathetic to he would of been on the cruise

typical women trying to come between a father and his child. no wonder why he dumped her

If it wasn't for women, there would be no child! :D

This has been an entertaining thread.

To the OP - I hope you're having a wonderful cruise, and I'd really like to read your review.

As for solving the mystery, do we know the OP's age? My thought was that perhaps his kid isn't really a child, but a grown adult. In which case, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to miss a birthday. Likely inaccurate, but just a thought. :cool:

they are both wrong she should never of booked a cruise on his kids birthday and he shouldnt of said yes. but the op said herself he is mad because she doesnt understand the way he feels. maybe if she was a little more understanding about his feelings and a little sympathetic to he would of been on the cruise

Agreed

Better to find out where you stand now versus right before a wedding for example. Since you booked so far ahead, and he obviously knows his son's birth date, I'm sure the birthday wasn't the reason for his cancellation.

Maybe I'm an old-fashioned 30-something, but I feel the man should pay, or at least pay his own way. I also think he should spend his son's birthday with him. His child should come first.

Have fun, take lots of happy pics, and have lots of these :D.....

206403_1044723810513_1598170791_113951_9815_n2-1.jpg

What kind of drink or potion is that? Looks fabulous!!

Maybe you should have your mother go over to his house with a baseball bat and get some money out of him. That is what I would do if some loser did this to my daughter. :).

I would hope you would raise your daugther to be smarter than to get in this position. :D

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vvdn0w

I went solo. I was dumped a few days before my first cruise (although it was still going to be solo).

The good thing is you will have the cruise to distract you. I'm sorry you were dumped but you will have the time of your life without him and trust me its a little empowering.

Good luck. I hope you write a review ill be looking for it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

He did her a favor. I have seen couples on cruises who were fighting and it doesn't look like fun. OP, hope you have a wonderful time and remember how you felt when he dumped you on the eve of a cruise. Obviously not reliable and you are better off without him. Please write a review when you get home.

Okay, I'm now unofficially a member of the creeper detectives not-so-anonymous club. I creeped on the roll call, which was started by her June 7, 2011. First post -

I just booked! My girl friend and I are going to celebrate her 30th birthday and my divorce!

We can't WAIT!!!!! Looking forward to meeting others on board

It is in June, which is when she said she booked the cruise!

She later mentions the boyfriend on January 24 -

Gosh, I still haven't booked airfare. My boyfriend has to wait until next payday, which is Feb 2nd. Crossing my fingers it doesn't go up too much---- right now it's the same price as the cruise!

Anyone make any firm plans for Cozumel? I think we're still thinking Paradise beach.

Shall we have a meet up on board the first day? How will we recognize eachother? LOL

Okay, back to [real] work...

I find it really strange that so many folks suggest this woman should find another replacement/boyfriend on this cruise. I assume she cared for this man deeply given they were going on an extended vacation together. It wouldn't speak to her character to begin consorting with other men just because one wouldn't go on a cruise.

Why not just relax, enjoy the weather, venues and evaluate your situation upon returning home.

Archived