Going solo! Got dumped the day we leave.

Breezie68

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vvdn0w

I can relate! I was dumped by my parents due to illness on my Inspiration cruise, but I made the best of it. No sharing cabin, met different people at dinner (I had ATD), and I just did whatever I wanted.

Enjoy yourself!

To dump you before the cruise and not dump you after the cruise makes him a real DumbA** and not worth your time.

Besides he is a loser and I think Judge Judy should get involved.... you see this same thing on her show everyday. "Female supporting a bum" and him taking advatage of the female...will they never learn? My wife cannot believe hope gulluble girls are. It goes back the old saying "If you are getting free milk from the cow, why buy the cow". JMHO.

I have a feeling people are going to be sympathetic to XBF now.

:)

Not necessarily. He's old enough to know better. He was aware of the date when it was made and he stated to her that "it was not going to be a problem". Between then & now, either something happened to make him want to end the relationship, OR he wanted to leave all along - but never "manned - up". Now he feels that he needs to make it her fault and say its about his sons B-day and she's not being fair. IMHO, this clearly indicates a serious character flaw in him and even though it cost her some $$, its priceless - what she saved from a possible multi year/decades relationship and emotional commitment with a person that was never really "on board" with her anyways.

Just about every relationship that fails, does so because the offender lacks that strength or ability to be completely honest. Whether its a drug problem that they wont get help for, fallen out of love and find someone new on the side, sticky relationships with partners that have ties & obligations to children from past relationships or just simple immaturity.

Personally? I married my wife - knowing she had 2 young kids (3+5 at the time) from a guy that went to work one day......and NEVER came home. (WHO does that?!!) He "disappeared" for over 3 years, no calls, no notes, private investigator couldnt find him. She ended up having him declared legally dead. I was so impressed with her determination and work ethic, that I was determined to have her get married. (even if it took slipping her some Ketamine!...Kidding!!)

We are married 17 years this past Thursday. Guess who shows up on my doorstep about 8 years ago? Yep....her ex. I had no idea who he was until she walked past the door, seen who it was and pushed me aside as she jumped on him and started beating him senseless! Now my wife is so mild that she's been known to take animals that have been hit by cars and nurse them back to health, to see her beating the crap out of this guy, while he's trying to get away - was priceless!! Cops came, they said he didnt exist - had ID matched someone who was "dead"! Hoo-boy, he went off on a rant about how he has been fighting to prove he's alive, every time he got his license renewed, voted, got a credit card, background check for jobs....

Anyways, enough of my rant. You will do well to learn what you can from this relationship, good & bad - then move on. Is it easy? Not at all....and that indicates how committed YOU were to the relationship. Personally? I would have brought his son. 3rd passenger in a cabin is crazy-cheap. BUT....I really feel that he wanted out and just need you to be the bad guy and give him a reason.

Live. Learn. Move on..

I think it all happened that way for a reason, Breezie. Be thankful you got rid of the dead weight and write off the cruise $$ to an expensive lesson learned. And I also think that whatever details as to what went down is your personal business, and nobody has any right to judge. It's none of our damn business what the reasons were, financially, family obligations, or otherwise. I was just going to comment on how cool it was everyone was being supportive and then the proverbial High Horse Rider crashed in. :rolleyes:

Everyone supports her, she was dumped. The point was, the signs of a dud were there from onset. Love is blind, she didn't think it out, She paid for it all, and he still blamed her! I hope she doesn't fall into a trap when she gets home and he starts wooing her again. I hope she sees this as a revelation he's a dud.

i didn't read all the comments but he could have been juggling another gal and this cruise would have exposed his cheating ways. he made his choice. to heck with him. valentine's day is the perfect trap. tell your lover you have planned the best restaurant and romantic hotel for 1 minute after you 2 finish work until work the next morning and see if they squirm.

I would take him to small claims court when you get back. It doesn't cost much and you can prove he was supposed to be with you and bailed-show the court you paid for everything and there was a verbal contract for him to pay his share upon return. Verbal is legal in many states, and the judge(hopefully a woman) may very well side with you.

Have a great cruise, I wish I could take his place.

I would take him to small claims court when you get back. It doesn't cost much and you can prove he was supposed to be with you and bailed-show the court you paid for everything and there was a verbal contract for him to pay his share upon return. Verbal is legal in many states, and the judge(hopefully a woman) may very well side with you.

Have a great cruise, I wish I could take his place.

Not sure about verbals unless the defendant admits to it. He'll use the proverbial "It was a gift".

I was thinking Judge Judy - she has little patience for fools, and this guy sure sounds like one!:D

I don't know about that.... who paid for all this ? And who is still stuck with the bill? The only good thing is she gets to cruise and hopefully will not go back to the loser.

I don't know about that.... who paid for all this ? And who is still stuck with the bill? The only good thing is she gets to cruise and hopefully will not go back to the loser.

She paid for it all, including excursions. They booked in June, he said he'd pay her back when they got back from the cruise.

It's probably his loss. I'd bet money that you're going to have a better time solo than if he had gone with you. Enjoy! :D

His loss for not being on the cruise she paid for. Her loss moneywise. She will likely have a good time doing what she wants and when.

So sorry about this. Cry for one day and move on! His loss and you are now single and will meet other great people. Have a good time and remember what he did!
No dammit dont you cry for even one hour. Get on with your life and be glad the jerk terminated it.

In the long run you'll see why, and why it was the best thing. So sorry it happened for you this awful way but life goes on and you'll meet someone new, maybe sooner than you think. ;)

Kind of ironic that you will be on a ship named Destiny. Maybe you are destined to meet someone special on the cruise.

I remember there being some events for singles when I last cruised on Carnival in the 90's.

Have a blast and don't look back. ( I know it is easier said than done, but a cruise would be the best place heal a broken heart. )

Do you have a close girlfriend who can cruise with you? Maybe an "old fling"

Could be the chance of a lifetime, if you make it that way. Good luck!

Not to comment on the wisdom of your suggestion, but is this even possible? Would Carnival accept a last minute passenger change?

(Actually not sure of the wisdom of this suggestion).

Lots of misinformation here.....it will not cost you more to tell them that you are going alone. You will be credited some tax and fees. The excursions do have a time frame for canceling. Do it quick.

Lots of conflicting advice here. Not sure what is correct

I may be in the minority here but here goes - at least he had the balls to tell her before the cruise - it would have been a horrible cruise if he was planning this all along. I still think it is a crappy thing to do, he must have known he was going to do this for awhile, but there has to be a reason. Like others say, you are so much better without him - it is just cruel to do this.

I had friends who went on an AI with us, I knew something was up - things just seemed strange. We got home, they drove 4 hours home in a snow storm - she stayed up all night doing laundry and had her bags packed by the back door - she left him. She spent a pot load of money on jewelry, spa, clothes etc while there. Two weeks later she was in Cuba with her boyfriend. She basically lied to him and to us - needless to say we have no contact which I am glad of as I would be arrested for removing her face from her head.

I may be in the minority here but here goes - at least he had the balls to tell her before the cruise - it would have been a horrible cruise if he was planning this all along. I still think it is a crappy thing to do, he must have known he was going to do this for awhile, but there has to be a reason. Like others say, you are so much better without him - it is just cruel to do this.

Only he knows why. Was there really a child's birthday? If so, he knew it in June when they booked. I see her address is Va., yet she's in Miami. I wonder if he was there too? A 4 A.M. breakup is strange! There is a missing piece here.

The OP won't be back on line, I assume, as she's on board the ship. I guess we'll just be speculating at this point. He either WANTED out real bad, or had something to hide, is my guess. Maybe a wife?

Archived