Going solo! Got dumped the day we leave.

Breezie68

Lots of misinformation here.....it will not cost you more to tell them that you are going alone. You will be credited some tax and fees. The excursions do have a time frame for canceling. Do it quick.

Have a great cruise....there is no such thing as a bad cruise except possibly the one you just were about to do with him...:D

Thanks for the well wishes! Should I alert carnival he isn't coming when I check in? I paid for the cruise, and all our excursions, so I am hoping I get refunded for the excursions and maybe port fees.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?m4nbjp

NO do not tell Carnival!! They will cancel him and then you may have to pay to cruise solo (twice the price). You will get no refund for him now. Just board w/o him.

He is an idiot!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Do tell Carnval. That way you can get back his port fees and any excursions paid for him.

NO!!! DO NOT tell them that he cancelled. Just tell them he's running late or something and eventually when he doesn't check-in he'll be a no-show. Otherwise, they will charge you for the single/solo rate which is like twice the price of 2 people in the room. You/he won't get a refund on his fare but that's better being charged the single rate. They may reimburse you for the excursions and/or port fee's but check with the purser's desk when you get on board.

Have a great time!!

It makes no difference. The double occupancy rate and the sole rate is the same.

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vvdn0w

just relax and have a great time!!

Make the best of every hour

Be safe, not toooo wasted in drinking

Expect some teary moments - then wipe them away

grab a frozen drink, get in the hot tub

and save your major grief for when you get home - it will still be there!

Find yourself a cute island guide to flirt with!

And as many others, would love to see how it turned out,

and if your friend was equally supportive with her time as with her "couples" time.... or damn near equal!

Sorry he was such a jerk. If you had been able to cancel the excursions earlier today, you could have gotten a full refund. According to Carnival's website, this is what you need to do when you get on the ship.

"Once onboard, cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation charge. However, within 24 hours of arrival in port, all shore excursion orders are non-refundable. A refund, less any applicable cancellation charges, will be applied to the designated contact person’s sail and sign account. Carnival will only offer shipboard credit for shore excursion order refunds, but note any credit not utilized by the end of your cruise will be refunded via check to the order’s designated contact person on the morning of debarkation."

Have a happy and safe trip.

The easiest way to forget a man is with another one. Find an ole copy of "Is That All There Is" by Peggy Lee. You'll understand then. Life is just too short to worry about it. Someday it'll make an amusing story to tell your grandchildren. :D

I can't believe the misinformation. Just read a few of these posts. Canceling and becoming a SOLO cruiser IS NOT more expensive than 2 @ DO. Its actually CHEAPER, if they allow you to cancel him you'll get a refund on port fees and tax charges. Do try and get the excursions canceled as soon as you board. Enjoy. Lots of fish in the sea.

I am not sure about the $$ thing,but I say cancel his ass so if he changes his mind he can not get on the ship.

Plus if you paid for "everything" just think of all the $$ you just saved. A mooch is a mooch. Drink all the drinks you would have paid for for both of you.

Lousy timing.. but it better to go solo than with someone who doesn't want to be there. He's a creep for doing it so close to the cruise but it is better before than after. I think that would have made me feel used if I had paid for everything.

I hope you have the time of your life.

It may be hard to put a smile on your face at times, but think of losing probably 150 or more lbs of "weight" (your ex) and enjoy each and every moment of the cruise. You have a great attitude. Go right to the shore excursion desk when you board and tell them he is a no-show. (missed his flight- whatever) They may try and give you back only 25% of the excursion fee, as it wasn't cancelled within a certain window of time - I think it is 3 days before you cruise. Be persistant - you will then have a nice obc to spend on yourself! Enjoy your cruise!

Here I am, sitting in my hotel room in Miami. My boyfriend was supposed to be here too, but he dumped me at 4am this morning. So, I am going on a solo cruise on the Destiny tomorrow! I have a friend and her boyfriend also on this cruise, so is not totally solo, but she and I have differing views on how a great vacation should be, so I'm figuring I will only see her and her boyfriend at dinner. Here goes nothing! I will be back with a review. Nothing will keep me from cruising!

---

Wish you were on our Feb 16th Destiny cruise. We had our two single sons with us and a bunch of single friends from Chicago and New York. You would have had a great time. I'm sure you'll have a great time on the Destiny. Say hello to Imade, a server at the Lido Pool area. He was fantastic.

Single is NOT more expensive than two and port taxes may be refunded.

Bon Voyage!

Single rate is the equivalent of 2 fares. If she tells Carnival they will not refund the jerk's fare and might charge her the rest of the fare owed for a single fare at the current rate. If she did pay for both her and the jerk, the cruise could end up costing her the equivalent of 150% of the single rate. She should say nothing until they sail, then do to the Purser's Desk and say:

I have no idea why he didn't show up. Since I paid for our excursions ahead of time (show proof of payment) could I get a refund for his excursions on my Sign and Sail Card) - look pitiful and hope for the best. ;):D

---

Let's put a new spin on this situation. She's getting sympathy from posters, but not quite sure why. She paid for everything including excursions...why? Who paid plane fare? Hotel room? etc. The guy must have been a dud in the first place, not even a solid relationship. Was she buying a boyfriend just to have one? It was low of him to bail out, yet man enough to do it before the cruise. Of course it was no money for him, she footed the bill.

Let the flames begin!!

on just how she felt about him.... something similar happened to me. Only I was with him for over two years... believe it or not... believing he was divorced... he had children so it was easy for me to believe the nights he wasnt with me, he was with them... He was with me at least half of the week every week. We went away for weekends, even away for a cruise out of New Orleans... we had two more cruises booked.... one month before we were to embark on our 2nd cruise, the one where I thought he would propose... he got caught... and I found out he was still married... he walked away from me. Everyone told me , including my doctor, go on the cruise.. have a great time... it will help you. I was even told hes her problem now.. and your single now... you can do whatever you want on that cruise! Well... didnt work out for me... every where I went on the ship, I was reminded of him... spent most of my time in the cabin ordering room service... was absolutely miserable.. and still am... So my advice, contrary to everyone elses here,... I have been there... if you think you can go without dwelling on what you have lost (even though many say his loss) ... then go... and have a perfect time.... if you are feeling deeply hurt.... rethink it...

Sorry, dont want to be a debbie downer.... but sometimes you need to look deep inside before making your decision.... it was terrible knowing I was stuck on that ship feeling the way I did for a whole week...

Thanks everyone, your certainly cheering me up! I will wonder down to the pursers desk and see if I can get a refund. Hopefully I can get something back. My ex was supposed to pay me back for the trip when we returned home, as he was expecting a bonus from his work. The reason he broke up with me.... Because the cruise fell on his sons birthday, and he felt terrible for leaving his kid and mad at me for not understanding.( for what it's worth, he knew going in that this cruise fell on his kids birthday and said it would be no problem.... We booked last June).

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?epubgf

Thanks everyone, your certainly cheering me up! I will wonder down to the pursers desk and see if I can get a refund. Hopefully I can get something back. My ex was supposed to pay me back for the trip when we returned home, as he was expecting a bonus from his work. The reason he broke up with me.... Because the cruise fell on his sons birthday, and he felt terrible for leaving his kid and mad at me for not understanding.( for what it's worth, he knew going in that this cruise fell on his kids birthday and said it would be no problem.... We booked last June).

Hmm...well, I hope this thread doesn't turn into relationship counseling or a debate on who's right and who's wrong. I have a feeling people are going to be sympathetic to XBF now.

Bottom line is, go have fun. Make the best of your trip and kick up your heels! :)

---

You are luckier than you think. I'm surprised you even fell for it, but you might have been in love with love. For what you paid for the cruise, he had plenty of time to contribute his portion without waiting for a bonus 7 months after booking! There must be more to the story for you to yet find out.

Hmm...well, I hope this thread doesn't turn into relationship counseling or a debate on who's right and who's wrong. I have a feeling people are going to be sympathetic to XBF now.

Bottom line is, go have fun. Make the best of your trip and kick up your heels! :)

They were both wrong. Him, for knowing the date of the cruise was on a birthday, suddenly it became important? and allowing her to foot the bill. Her, if she'd thought it out, should have raised a flag financially. There are relationship facts we don't know about, and potentially SHE didn't know about.

I hope the poster keeps her head on straight, sees what happened as a positive sign and that she needs to move on in her life.

---

Hmmm. Sounds like a case for Judge Milan and the Peoples's Court.

I think it all happened that way for a reason, Breezie. Be thankful you got rid of the dead weight and write off the cruise $$ to an expensive lesson learned. And I also think that whatever details as to what went down is your personal business, and nobody has any right to judge. It's none of our damn business what the reasons were, financially, family obligations, or otherwise. I was just going to comment on how cool it was everyone was being supportive and then the proverbial High Horse Rider crashed in. :rolleyes:

Well, if he was dumb enough to miss a cruise...he is absolutely not worth your time. I say go girl and enjoy yourself. Mr. Right may be waiting on the ship for ya....but remember.... Cruising alone is better than cruising with someone that doesn't deserve you!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

Cruising alone is better than cruising with someone that doesn't deserve you!!

You got that right!

Breezie,,, Im sorry, but rdrseller is right. You go and have a blast! Somewhere and sometime you will meet the right one! Have a great cruise and try to forget about him.

Archived