Spring 2012 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

Here we go again! 14th Season.

1) Jack Wagner, soap actor from “Bold and the Beautiful,” General Hospital” and “Melrose Place” — with Anna Trebunskaya

2) Melissa Gilbert, played Laura Ingalls on “Little House on the Prairie” — with Maskim Chmerkovskiy (solving the “will Maks be back?! mystery)

3) Donald Driver, receiver for the Green Bay Packers — with Peta Murgatroyd

4) William Levy, telenova star apparently known as the “Brad Pitt of Mexico” — with Cheryl Burke

5) Sherri Shepherd, co-host of “The View” — with Val Chmerkovskiy

6) Katherine Jenkins, opera star — with Mark Ballas

7) Gavin DeGraw, pop singer known for penning the “One Tree Hill” theme song — with Karina Smirnoff

8) Martina Navratilova, tennis pro — with Tony Dovolani

9) Roshon Fegan, star of Disney Channel’s “Shake It Up” and hip hop producer — with Chelsie Hightower

10) Maria Menounos, co-host of “Extra” — with Derek Hough

11) Jaleel White, best known as Steve Urkel in “Family Matters” — with Kym Johnson

12) Gladys Knight, singer, or “empress of soul” — with Tristan MacManus

LIVE 2-HOUR PREMIERE EVENT MONDAY MAR 19 8|7c

I'm in Florida for the first week but I think my MIL will want to watch it since she can't get her Italian station at our rental condo.

Have to remember to program the pvr just to be safe.

Hi all!

Kerri ~ thanks for starting the thread. I taped the "Good Morning America" show on Tuesday & saw who's dancing with whom. I can hardly wait as I'm familiar with a couple of the "stars".;)

See you all in a couple of weeks! Have a nice vacation Kerri.:D

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

Lois - got to agree with you about Tristan. I love his accent & he is a total hottie!

Jo

Hi Jo:) yes, part of the package is that accent of his..I LOVE IT TOO:D;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm really glad Tristan is back.

I'm really curious how an opera singer and an ex-pro tennis champion will do.

One thing for sure -- they shouldn't get out of breath easily! (I don't know about Katherine Jenkins, but Martina Navratilova keeps herself in excellent shape!

Who the heck are some of these people? Another season of Dancing With The Non-Stars.

This season there are only two that I never heard of -- the telenovela actor and the Disney Channel guy.

(Hey, no models this season. Is that a first?)

Who the heck are some of these people? Another season of Dancing With The Non-Stars.

I have had that reaction in the past as well. Even so, I really enjoy learning about the "non-stars" (as well the stars I have heard of, lol) and seeing everyone deal with being out of their comfort zone and how they react to the challenge. Some of my favorites in the end were ones I was not familar with (or didn't have a very high opinion of) in the beginning. I just love this show!

HI all!

Just moving us up for tonight's show! I just saw a little teaser from ABC which has me looking forward to seeing how some of these partnerships get along!

Lois ~ sure hope Tristan gets to speak tonight.:rolleyes:

See you later!

~ Jo ~ :)

Season Premier: Brooke greets us in a fabulous fit and flare gown in shamrock green. The dress is old fashioned glamourous, but a difficult one for cruise ship wear because of the bulk of the flared lower skirt. It would be hard to pack thsi gown and it would take up closet space.

The dress is busy with details including a wide diagonal strap across the bodice and shoulder and a sparkling decorative detail down one side.

A second look reveals that Brooke's dress is a sort of ombre that shows green or blue depending on the light and angle--sort of like the Caribbean ocean. I noticed another detail, a very large bow or flap at the end of the wavy sparkly decoration. I think the gown could do without that large flap. It might be overkill.

This is probably the best Brooke has looked. On my TV the dress looks more of a cornflower blue. It also appears to have a thigh high slit. Her hair is loosely waved and quite pretty.

I absolutely think the tweets on the screen are totally annoying. They need to dump this, NOW !!!!! Don't use technology just because you can. This is a stupid use of social media.

Just got back to the condo from visiting Disneyworld's Epcot park all day. Who was the first dancer? I started watching with Jack Wagner's dance. Looks like it's going to be a good season.

Sent from my K080 using Tapatalk

Just got back to the condo from visiting Disneyworld's Epcot park all day. Who was the first dancer? I started watching with Jack Wagner's dance. Looks like it's going to be a good season.

Sorry. After the Mexican telenovela star danced, I couldn't remember who else danced tonight. :D

By the way, Doesn't Martina Navratilova look terrific! I wish I had her stylist. I looked up Martina's age. She is 56. I hope they keep her on a long time as an inspiration to older gals like myself. I know she has already inspired me.

Golly, Gladys Knight is only six months my junior. She is 67. She moves so very well. I am so impressed. What a huge inspiration! There isn't enough good I can say about her dancing. Bravo!

I love Gladys' dance. So fun. She's the same age as my mom and seems to have more energy than a lot of younger celebs of past seasons.

Just finished putting out the fire on my TV after the Telenovela guy danced. Whoa, a hottie

Two thumbs up for Martina and Gladys. They were terrific.

Jaleel was a nice surprise. Urkle can dance.

Archived