Spring 2012 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns

Forgive me a little off subject...

Did anyone see Jennifer Lopez's dress on American Idol? Very different!!!

Umm, different is one word. Ugly is another. I didn't think it was flattering at all. Maybe better than the duct tape dress though.

Since it is DWTS night I thought you all my enjoy this youtube.

This is the designer from DWTS UK, but also a very well respected designer here in the USA as well...

Is a clip on how the dresses are made, it is a good watch!

(BTW, I do own a hand painted competition gown)

Didn't care for Brooke's dress. Too tight and I usually don't like metallic fabrics anyway. The colour was interesting though. Looked like a dusty lavender when she was standing next to the silver dress. I loved her retro, yet still modern hairdo. Reminded me of the fembots in Austin Powers.

Something is always off with Melissa's dancing to me. Almost like she walks through some of the steps.

Mark's partner Katherine looked fabulous in her gold mini. I could have done without his gold jacket and the little hat. He's a look-at-me kind of a guy and it bothers me every season. I'm just waiting for his sequined socks to show up soon.

The two pinks of Brooke's short dress clash a bit on my tv. Pure bubble gum pink sides and beaded pale peachey pink middle. The fits kinda weird too. I'm not sure if the sides are puckered/wrinkled on purpose or not. Have to wait for a close up.

That orangey mishmash of a dress was really bad. And did you all see her shoes? Really ugly bright orange. They made her feet look like clodhoppers.

I feel bad that Gladys was voted off. What a classy, beautiful lady. She tried hard and I give her so much credit for putting herself out there.

I would have sent Melissa home this week. And of course the Disney star was going to get to stay. Yes, he's a better technical dancer, but I'm always cynical when somebody from the company gets the judges' nod (see, e.g. Kelly in Season 1 who fell on her bum twice during the freestyle and still got all 10s).\

And I'll miss Tristan, too.

I wanted the dance off to be between Gladys and Melissa. I would take Tristan over Maks any day just for that accent.

LOL....and I know there are plenty of folks who just thinks Maks

is the best thing ever...but I am not in that group:rolleyes:.....Tristian?

OMG......yes, yes, yes,:D that accent is soooo sexy and he is such

eye candy with a personality to match;)

Forgive me a little off subject...

Did anyone see Jennifer Lopez's dress on American Idol? Very different!!!

I don't watch Idol. It drives me batty, but I checked it out tonight before CSI and J-Lo looked like an un-popped gold foil Jiffy-Pop pack ready to go on the stove. I only saw the top jacket and not the whole outfit.

Does anyone here besides me not like the dance off? Sorry, but I think it puts too much power in the judges hands to pick their own favorite. For example, if a judges' favorite is in the bottom two, and one that's not been one of their obvious picks were the other, even if the second one danced better, they can kick off the one they don't like, just to keep their golden child on the show. It just doesn't set well with me.

Does anyone here besides me not like the dance off? Sorry, but I think it puts too much power in the judges hands to pick their own favorite. For example, if a judges' favorite is in the bottom two, and one that's not been one of their obvious picks were the other, even if the second one danced better, they can kick off the one they don't like, just to keep their golden child on the show. It just doesn't set well with me.

If you just accept that the program has a bit of a fix to it, it makes it much easier to deal with the results.:)

If you just accept that the program has a bit of a fix to it, it makes it much easier to deal with the results.:)

LOL.....I have said all reality are fixed to a certain extent ever

since this craze started:eek: singing, dancing, surviving, judging,

whatever the case might be........call me a BIG CYNIC.....but

I believe every single one of them has a certain fix to them:rolleyes:

LOL.....I have said all reality are fixed to a certain extent ever

since this craze started:eek: singing, dancing, surviving, judging,

whatever the case might be........call me a BIG CYNIC.....but

I believe every single one of them has a certain fix to them:rolleyes:

Hi Lois, yes, you're right on that point. Every reality show is scripted to some extent to keep the viewers. Dancing is the only reality show I watch, as I refuse to bow to what has become the baser instincts of TV. So many of those shows pander, and sometimes glorify, the worst our society possesses. At least Dancing is good, decent fun and I should just enjoy it for the clothes and entertainment.

BTW, I know your cruise is coming up, and I want to wish you the best cruise ever.

Hi Lois, yes, you're right on that point. Every reality show is scripted to some extent to keep the viewers. Dancing is the only reality show I watch, as I refuse to bow to what has become the baser instincts of TV. So many of those shows pander, and sometimes glorify, the worst our society possesses. At least Dancing is good, decent fun and I should just enjoy it for the clothes and entertainment.

BTW, I know your cruise is coming up, and I want to wish you the best cruise ever.

Hi Darcie, thanks so much:) I fly to Rome a week from Wednesday.

May 9th:D

It is Classical Night and Brooke's dress is beautiful (in my opinion)...

It is classy...geee....the producer's decided to get it right LOL;)

It is an off white color and has embellishment across the center.

I don't remember seeing her look so lovely before......

It is Classical Night and Brooke's dress is beautiful (in my opinion)...

It is classy...geee....the producer's decided to get it right LOL;)

It is an off white color and has embellishment across the center.

I don't remember seeing her look so lovely before......

I really like it except for where the embellishment cutting right across her breasts. Looks like their trying to bind them down. I'd prefer it going closer to the top of the neckline. It's more of a shell pink on my tv, funny how different things look.

Gosh, I dont know what it is this season, when you all do not like a dress, I love it and visa versa. I am not a fan of this dress, perhaps because I dont like heavy satin fabrics, perfer more flowly fabrics like georgette...

But I loved everything about the gown Cheryl had on, especailly the delicate lace on the bodice.

Off topic but the singing is wonderful and I think all the dancers are doing a great job dancing ballroom to classical... Dont you just love the singer Jackie?

Archived