What do YOU do?

Ahh, just enjoy the anticipation! It always seems to take forever for your sail date to arrive, but once you get on the ship, the days until it's over will FLY by! So, don't rush it....it will be all over before you know it!

So I'm just wondering - what do you do to get through the time before your next cruise?! Besides checking CC (which I do far too much) is there anything else you can recommend? :D
Go to all-inclusive resorts.

It's the anticipation of the cruise and waiting. You start preparing and get exciting leading up to it.

The night before you leave you start wondering if you have everything and you have trouble sleeping.

The morning you leave for the dock is also exciting and when your on the ship you breath a sigh of relief

I do a lot of research and planning for shore excursions and the ports. Maybe too much. I also like to do some fun things like creating cruise music CD's. As an application developer, I have also created a small application that has the details for our cruise along with a picture of the ship and a days countdown. When I have a minute, I run that and smile. Actually, right now I frown a little as our next cruise is so far away. :eek:

Ahh, just enjoy the anticipation! It always seems to take forever for your sail date to arrive, but once you get on the ship, the days until it's over will FLY by! So, don't rush it....it will be all over before you know it!

I at least try to subscribe to this way of thinking ^^^^^

Yes, time seems to tick by so slow and the last 90 days seem to take FOREVER but I try not to think about it because I know once Im on board that ship, it will be over before I know it and it will be at least a year or more before I get to do it again :)

hanging out here on CC seems and living vicariously through others (especially live threads) cruises seems to help with the anticipation some.

I'm trying to pass the time until the new itineraries are released and I can book our next cruise. Right now I'm living vicariously through my girlfriend who is going on her first cruise in 60ish days.

That's how we roll as well.

Actually, with cruises, I try not to think about it much. I have my countdowns (don't we all?) but that's about it. We don't usually get off the ship much when we do the Caribbean, so there isn't much planning to do. I'm also pretty new to CC and have some 280+ days until my next cruise so that could change. One of the things I really like about Caribbean cruises is that we can just book and not have to worry or care about anything else (unlike our trips to WDW, which requires a whole lot more planning). I have actually been doing more research into the cruises we are looking at doing next year for our honeymoon (Panama Canal or Med.).

I'm trying to pass the time until the new itineraries are released and I can book our next cruise. Right now I'm living vicariously through my girlfriend who is going on her first cruise in 60ish days.

WOW! That is exciting! I remember that first cruise. Sure started an addiction!

Back to OP:

I plan, very likely I over research what to do in port. Try to figure out a way to make the best use of all the time I have on holiday. While doing all that searching, I usually run across a really fantastic new itinerary and then I have to add that sailing. Then, I have 2 cruises to plan for...while I am not doing as many cruises each year, I still manage to save enough to cruise. I can cut back on some things but a great cruise is not one of them! That is the other thing I do while waiting for my cruise, I save for all the things I want to do on ship, in port and of course the shopping before I pack!

I love reading everyone's feedback!!! I have my countdowns going - the best is when I'm having a bad day at work and I think "In xxx day's I'll be getting on the ship!!"... The best is having a vacation to look forward to (not that I'm trying to rush my life away, it goes by too fast already).. I look forward to spending the week with my DH and/or Family.. we're taking our first cruise in 11 years with my whole family in June - Can't wait!! I agree though once you're on the ship it goes by SO fast :)

I live in the moment! There are people here at home I love and I have no guarantee that they always will be! That said, I do enjoy "memory keeping" as a hobby between trips (not all are cruises). When I return from a trip, there are memories to catalog...photos to process and scrapbook, reviews to write; by the time I finish, it's almost time to start planning for the next trip! And CC does provide a fun place to go for planning because there is always something new on this board!:D

We booked 380 ahead due to needing accessible cabin. Had to book within hours of it opening. Knew we were in for a looooong wait.

In the intervening time (so far).....

- researched ports

- helped develop Roll Call thread, now up to 100 pages

- had first granddaughter born:)

- attended four weddings over the summer

- researched ports

- had second granddaughter born:) so took trip to Seattle

- met one of our future cruise mates while visiting Seattle

- researched ports some more

- lost Father-in-law :(

- researched hotels and made reservations (not trivial with hotel in Rome)

- booked MTD and other ship details (but no excursions, we're on our own)

- shopped for non-cotton based clothes (dry faster from sink wash)

- washed out the rum runners ;)

- printing public transport schedule for ports

- started to assemble trip notbook with all the details and confirmations

- sent passports for renewal

Seemed like so far away back then but now we are rushing to make final preparations. In the end we are all time travelers - traveling into the future at the same rate of one day per day.

Research ports.

Research ships.

Compile data sheets with learned info (these, of course, are not necessary and can get excessive... I'm definitely in the excessive stage)

Read trip reports

Look for Youtube videos

Creep people's cruise pictures (whether TRs, Google, Facebook... lol!)

:D :D :D

Archived