Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

Sounds perfect! I am really excited about this :) I wish we knew about it before we booked our cruise.

It really is a nice experience

Do you usually end up using the 'future cruise credit'? It is definitely a spectacular deal even if we don't end up booking within 3 months.

The future cruise credit is actually a $100 deposit you put down toward a future cruise. You don't have to specify the cruise and you have 4 years to use it. Once you decide on a cruise you can use your FCC and not have to pay anything additional to book that cruise. If you want to do this, one you board the ship on your BVE, ask someone how you would find the person you can book the FCC with. The $39.00 you pay for a Bon Voyage Adventure can be used as a credit toward a future cruise as long as you book that cruise within 90 days.

I agree. A day out in the city would cost us this much (most likely more!) anyway. Might as well spend the afternoon on a ship!

Do they give you some type of temporary cruise card to show (getting into the main dining rooms, etc)?

Yes. They will give you a temporary cruise card. Once you book you will actually get a booking number and you will have to go into the Princess Cruise Personalizer and put in all your information including passport/ID and credit card info just like you were sailing on a full cruise. That way, with your temporary card, if you want to purchase alcohol or sodas, etc while on your BVE you can do so.

That's why I was asking about the lenght of the tour - I would rather wander around on my own too! Good to know it's optional.

Do you have to pay extra to go into the Sanctuary? On the Ruby, I understood that the Sanctuary is an extra charge (even for passengers)?

I wish there was an earlier BVE option from NYC but it looks like we'll have to wait until October (or late Sept) when we get back from our cruise. If we miss the IC too much, at least we'll have this to look forward to =D

Ughh. See some of my responses above in the blue shaded area. I don't know what I did but the only response that came through in my actual post is below.

We didn't pay extra for the sanctuary. We just went up to the Sanctuary and my friend Pam told them we were on the BVE for the day and wanted to hang out for about an hour. The crew up there said no problem. If you were on a full cruise you would have to pay for the sanctuary.

I hear you about the BVE's not open until Sept/October. Princess sends all it's ships to Europe and Alaska until those timeframes.

Ughh. See some of my responses above in the blue shaded area. I don't know what I did but the only response that came through in my actual post is below.

We didn't pay extra for the sanctuary. We just went up to the Sanctuary and my friend Pam told them we were on the BVE for the day and wanted to hang out for about an hour. The crew up there said no problem. If you were on a full cruise you would have to pay for the sanctuary.

I hear you about the BVE's not open until Sept/October. Princess sends all it's ships to Europe and Alaska until those timeframes.

I hate it when posts I type up disappear :(

Thank you sooo much for your detailed response! I'm thinking this may be a fun girls day out =D Can't wait!

I hate it when posts I type up disappear :(

Thank you sooo much for your detailed response! I'm thinking this may be a fun girls day out =D Can't wait!

It really is a fun girls day out. You'll have to post your thoughts once you do it.

Hi There,

I just booked my first Princess cruise. Is the International Cafe Free ??

I am getting very hungry reading all of these posts

thank you

Yes, the food in the IC is free. I think the only thing that costs is the gelato on the ships that have it.

Absolutely, Michelle! Will be sending the details to some friends soon :)

Looking forward to hearing about your time on the GP as well. Looks September isn't getting here soon enough for both of us.

Is there an IC on the Caribbean Princess? What type cookies?:p

Yes, there is.

While I've not been on the CB, I'm pretty sure the cookie selection is fleet-standard: I've had chocolate chip, a chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter, there's also oatmeal which they ruin by putting raisins in. And maybe more, but to be honest, I try to limit myself to only the chocolate chip -- a girl's gotta have limits, you know?

Here's a photo of the breakfast sandwich, along with a cream filled donut we got at the International Cafe. It's very similar to the Egg McMuffin at McDonald's. It seems like they switch over to lunch items around 11:30AM.

5439601529_9071eeff73_z.jpg

Golden Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

Thank you for posting this pic. I wonder if they would make a breakfast sandwich without cheese? Do you know if they make them there on request or in the galley?

Archived