Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

Please describe the breakfast sandwich.

Also when does the IC stop serving breakfast items (the breakfast sandwich and doughnuts)

Here's a photo of the breakfast sandwich, along with a cream filled donut we got at the International Cafe. It's very similar to the Egg McMuffin at McDonald's. It seems like they switch over to lunch items around 11:30AM.

5439601529_9071eeff73_z.jpg

Golden Princess by Jasperdo, on Flickr

After reading this thread (and drooling!) I ensured I watched for the Gianduja chocolate pudding at the IC on our recent cruise - trust me....it was worth the effort! OMG! So rich and chocolatey....a chocolate lover's fantasy!! I can't wait for our next cruise!!!

After reading this thread (and drooling!) I ensured I watched for the Gianduja chocolate pudding at the IC on our recent cruise - trust me....it was worth the effort! OMG! So rich and chocolatey....a chocolate lover's fantasy!! I can't wait for our next cruise!!!

I never tried it on my previous Princess cruises, but after reading this thread, I am going to be sure to look for it on my upcoming cruise in 12 DAYS!! They'd better have it or I will be terribly disappointed... or will just have to eat another slice of pizza and/or one of those chocolate croissants instead. :D

LOVED the custard-filled donuts! I would have skipped the buffet altogether and eaten breakfast and lunch in the IC every day. I had read many raves about the chicken salad, but I thought it was nothing to write home about... Way too much mayo and not enough chicken. Everything else I tried was wonderful.

That was my favorite too! Don't be fooled by the small amount...a little goes a long way!

I never tried it on my previous Princess cruises, but after reading this thread, I am going to be sure to look for it on my upcoming cruise in 12 DAYS!! They'd better have it or I will be terribly disappointed... or will just have to eat another slice of pizza and/or one of those chocolate croissants instead. :D

Check every day....I think I only saw it twice!

736846739_P1000926-Copy(1024x768).jpg.84569ff31b32f6cbc04624bf963fb1ff.jpg

Me too - that is the one I love - yum choclate and hazelnut.

Is the Gianduja (chocolate hazelnut) pudding available all the time??

I will be on Ruby in Sept and I LOVE chocolate+hazelnut (nutella, etc)

Is the Gianduja (chocolate hazelnut) pudding available all the time??

I will be on Ruby in Sept and I LOVE chocolate+hazelnut (nutella, etc)

Not that I was at the IC every day (oh, who am I kidding. Of course I was there every day!), but I only recall seeing it a few times. So you have to check back. But even it the gianduja isn't on offer, there are these awesome, awesome chocolate chip cookies that are sitting out, often warm, just ripe for the taking. . . . [i'm swooning]

Not that I was at the IC every day (oh, who am I kidding. Of course I was there every day!), but I only recall seeing it a few times. So you have to check back. But even it the gianduja isn't on offer, there are these awesome, awesome chocolate chip cookies that are sitting out, often warm, just ripe for the taking. . . . [i'm swooning]

I'll probably be taking your place at the IC everyday until you're back =D Cannot wait!!!

Are the croissants (reg, chocolate, almond) available all day? Or just for breakfast?

No...just on a plate - but they serve it til I believe 1130 or you can order the same thing from room service!

Everything from the IC can be ordered from room service? Or just the breakfast sandwiches?

Pistaschio canoli. Enjoyed them recently on the Caribbean Princess tran-Atlantic and British Isles. Several nice servers, including Tomas.

=O That sounds amazing!!!! I hope they have these pistachio cannolis on the Ruby when I go.. or any cannolis for that matter!

Has anyone else seen cannolis at the IC??

Linda, I just saw your post. I guess I haven't returned to this thread. I really want to book the BVE for the Coral Princess in September. The Coral is a different class of ship that I've never been on with Princess. I did look at the schedule briefly and it looks like the Coral is returning to San Pedro about mid-September. I actually meant to book it but haven't. Your post has reminded me.

Perhaps you and your friend I met on the Sapphire BVE and Pam might be interested?

Didn't know what BVE was until I just google'd it lol... Sounds like a great idea!

Do you have to have someone on the cruise invite you or can you just book it? We've been talking about maybe taking a cruise out of NYC next.. it would be nice to check it out first!

Didn't know what BVE was until I just google'd it lol... Sounds like a great idea!

Do you have to have someone on the cruise invite you or can you just book it? We've been talking about maybe taking a cruise out of NYC next.. it would be nice to check it out first!

You don't have to have anyone on the cruise. Michelle, Pam and I did the BVE on the Sapphire. We had a wonderful time. That was the first time I had been on a Princess ship. I loved the IC! Call Princess and they will help you book the BVE.

Enjoy your first cruise!!!

You don't have to have anyone on the cruise. Michelle, Pam and I did the BVE on the Sapphire. We had a wonderful time. That was the first time I had been on a Princess ship. I loved the IC! Call Princess and they will help you book the BVE.

Wow that sounds amazing! For under $40pp (that can be credited to your next cruise anyway?) this would make for a fun few hours =D

Are you allowed to access any part of the ship while you're there? How long does the 'tour of the ship' last?

Excited!

Everything from the IC can be ordered from room service? Or just the breakfast sandwiches?

Just the breakfast sandwich but I think the IC opens at 6am but can't remember for sure.

Nope. You can book it just because you want to see the ship. I just booked another one today on the Golden Princess for Sept 26th. It really is a nice afternoonl. For $39 you just can't beat it. Goodness, I did a champagne brunch with a friend on Sunday and we spent about $40 total and we weren't on a cruise ship! A deal in my opinion:D

Wow that sounds amazing! For under $40pp (that can be credited to your next cruise anyway?) this would make for a fun few hours =D

Are you allowed to access any part of the ship while you're there? How long does the 'tour of the ship' last?

Excited!

Yes, you can access any and all parts of the ship. We didn't do the ship's tour and in all honesty I would suggest you skip it and wander about the ship on your own. That is definitely an option You just let the cruise member who is handling the tour know you are going to wander on your own. No problems at all You can then meet up with all the BVE folks in the main dining room for lunch if you want or you can even skip the main dining room lunch and eat in the IC or the buffet. I was really pleased at the flexibility that was offered. There are plenty of crew members standing by to let you know where the main public areas are. Just as an fyi they are on Deck 7, 6, 5 and up on the Lido deck where the Horizon Buffet and pool area are. If you decide to do this, check out the aft adult's only pool area out the back doors of the Horizon Court and also ask someone to point you in the direction of the Sanctuary. When I did the BVE on the Sapphire with Pam in May we hung out in the Sanctuary for a little while and it was really nice.

Linda, you have email. Hope you can join me!

Just the breakfast sandwich but I think the IC opens at 6am but can't remember for sure.

Nope. You can book it just because you want to see the ship. I just booked another one today on the Golden Princess for Sept 26th. It really is a nice afternoonl. For $39 you just can't beat it. Goodness, I did a champagne brunch with a friend on Sunday and we spent about $40 total and we weren't on a cruise ship! A deal in my opinion:D

Yes, you can access any and all parts of the ship. We didn't do the ship's tour and in all honesty I would suggest you skip it and wander about the ship on your own. That is definitely an option You just let the cruise member who is handling the tour know you are going to wander on your own. No problems at all You can then meet up with all the BVE folks in the main dining room for lunch if you want or you can even skip the main dining room lunch and eat in the IC or the buffet. I was really pleased at the flexibility that was offered. There are plenty of crew members standing by to let you know where the main public areas are. Just as an fyi they are on Deck 7, 6, 5 and up on the Lido deck where the Horizon Buffet and pool area are. If you decide to do this, check out the aft adult's only pool area out the back doors of the Horizon Court and also ask someone to point you in the direction of the Sanctuary. When I did the BVE on the Sapphire with Pam in May we hung out in the Sanctuary for a little while and it was really nice.

Sounds perfect! I am really excited about this :) I wish we knew about it before we booked our cruise.

Do you usually end up using the 'future cruise credit'? It is definitely a spectacular deal even if we don't end up booking within 3 months.

I agree. A day out in the city would cost us this much (most likely more!) anyway. Might as well spend the afternoon on a ship!

Do they give you some type of temporary cruise card to show (getting into the main dining rooms, etc)?

That's why I was asking about the lenght of the tour - I would rather wander around on my own too! Good to know it's optional.

Do you have to pay extra to go into the Sanctuary? On the Ruby, I understood that the Sanctuary is an extra charge (even for passengers)?

I wish there was an earlier BVE option from NYC but it looks like we'll have to wait until October (or late Sept) when we get back from our cruise. If we miss the IC too much, at least we'll have this to look forward to =D

Archived