Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

What is "Gianduja Pudding"? It must be pretty good stuff if you are willing to give up snacking for 3 days. Do they always serve this or is it a 1 day item?

It's apparently a hazelnut/chocolate pudding. Sounds yummy! I do believe that I will be looking for this in less than a week! :p

On the Golden last year the IC had miniature coconut cream pies!!!!

My husband loves the peanut butter chocolate tarts

and I love all the miniature fruit tarts.

The mozzarella basil tomato paninis are okay, as is the Greek salad -- tasty but not over the top. Truthfully, I like the meatball marinara at Subway more than I like the sandwiches at the IC. I know -- I'm a dork.

No, you are not a dork at all, I am hooked on the Subway meatball sandwich too, its wonderful!

I have never tried the chicken salad since I don't like cashews. I do like some of the paninis and quiches.

But, what I really love are the chocolate croissants and the chocolate donuts!

Last year I got the LAST chocolate donut on our cruise. I wanted one last coffee and treat while waiting to be called to disembark. There was just one last chocolate donut hiding on the back of a tray. The server joked that he had saved it just for me. What a way to end a cruise!

What is "Gianduja Pudding"? It must be pretty good stuff if you are willing to give up snacking for 3 days. Do they always serve this or is it a 1 day item?

It's like eating fudge with a spoon. I don't even like chocolate, but this stuff is in a different category altogether. It must trigger some happy childhood memories because I truly can't resist it.

What a wonderful thread!!! And wonderful food.

We are on Grand next month and see from the above that there is an IC on The Grand. Where is it?

Do I understand this correctly, you can just help yourself to any of the food? (not forgetting the lines and the server!). You dont have to purchase a coffee or whatever to be able to get the food?

Is there anywhere near by where you can get ordinary free coffee/water?

And you can just find somewhere to sit or perch around the area?

Do they do any diabetic treats? And are they any good?

Many thanks

The IC has a 'cupcake of the day' for diabetics.. it is sugarfree, usually on the bottom shelf and comes out late moring. My husband loved the cupcake and looked forward to his treat each day

Pavlova! The best in all the cruise lines I've sailed. (In case you don't know what pavlova is, it's a merengue dessert, a bit crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.... oh, so good.) Try it if you haven't.

Pavlova! The best in all the cruise lines I've sailed. (In case you don't know what pavlova is, it's a merengue dessert, a bit crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.... oh, so good.) Try it if you haven't.

I've never seen the pavlova at the IC. I always watch for it in the Horizon Court. It's probably my favorite dessert on Princess. Love it. Now I'll watch for it in the IC.

What a wonderful thread!!! And wonderful food.

We are on Grand next month and see from the above that there is an IC on The Grand. Where is it?

Do I understand this correctly, you can just help yourself to any of the food? (not forgetting the lines and the server!). You dont have to purchase a coffee or whatever to be able to get the food?

Is there anywhere near by where you can get ordinary free coffee/water?

And you can just find somewhere to sit or perch around the area?

Do they do any diabetic treats? And are they any good?

Many thanks

No purchase required to get any of the IC food goodies. You can certainly get a glass of water from the bar there, but I believe the only coffee they have available is the brewed at $1 per cup. There's seating, although it can be sometimes hard to snag a spot. I take my treat up to the Promenade Deck and sit outside -- I like a sea view with my calories.

I'm not diabetic, but I do enjoy the sugar-free treats on Princess. Not only at the IC, but also be on the lookout for them on the buffet. They're all very, very good.

It's like eating fudge with a spoon. I don't even like chocolate, but this stuff is in a different category altogether. It must trigger some happy childhood memories because I truly can't resist it.

I'm there as soon as I can grab a spoon! It sounds amazing.:D

In case you were wondering what makes the chicken salad so tasty ... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1215695

It's coconut milk in the dressing!

Who knew?

I love their chicken salad, too. And the croissants (almond, chocolate), breakfast sandwiches, paninis heated on the press, yogurt parfaits and a million more things! I stopped by every day of my cruise on the CB for breakfast, and hit it up again for a late lunch after whatever excursions I did. It's my favorite place to eat on the ship besides the regular dining room!

We sail 2 weeks form tomorrow....this thread has got me so excited!! We typically go to the gym early and hit the buffet late, but we have to plan it so we can make it down to the IC before 1100 (which is when they typically remove the breakfast options) to ensure my hubby can get a chocolate donut with shaved almonds! They haven't been available on every cruise so he's usually holding his breath to see if they will be available!

OH! Please stop posting! Please. Stop. Posting!!!

::crying::

I waited every day -- every single day -- drooling, for the gianduja chocolate pudding on the CB last month. No dice. They never had it. I am STILL sad about it! It was the highlight of my pre-cruise daydreaming, and they didn't have it. I discovered it a year ago on the Emerald and it was AMAZING.

:(

This thread is making my mouth water- I really need to book another cruise soon!

My personal favorite was the chicken salad. The IC was my favorite place to eat lunch or grab a quick snack

These are from my recent cruise on the Caribbean Princess

CaribbeanPrincessApril12012026.jpg

CaribbeanPrincessApril12012025.jpg

The IC makes whatever version of a deli is called on the EOS look sick! We sailed for the first time in Nov. on the EOS, and although, I loved the ship. the IC wins hands down! I can't wait to visit it again in Sept.!

Archived