Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

So what range of hours are different foods set out?

How early for the breakfast sandwiches? How early for sandwiches and soup?

Thanks.

I think the breakfast foods are served from about 5am to 11pm; the sandwiches and soup start then. In the evening, a large cheese display is set out so that takes up part of one display case.

I think the breakfast foods are served from about 5am to 11pm; the sandwiches and soup start then. In the evening, a large cheese display is set out so that takes up part of one display case.

thanks, I often eat a very early breakfast often before 6.

I don't know about my friend but you can count me in.:)

It would be nice to visit a different class of ship (I've only been on the Sapphire). Is the Coral in the same class as the Golden? I have a 2013 cruise booked on the Golden so I hope to be able to visit that ship too.

The Coral isn't the same class as Golden. I think there is only one other ship in her class which is the Island. They do primarily Panama Canal and Alaska cruises. Pam mentioned she really liked this class of ship.

We may have to do a BVE on the Golden as well. :) I've sailed the Star Princess and the Golden may be in that class but I'm not quite sure. I want to book at least one of the shorter cruises out of San Pedro. A great way to accumulate cruises so I can get to Elite status.

HOLD ON, HOLD ON... I'm excited to try the salads but I'm talking about when you're walking past the IC and you spot the cookies, croissants, desserts etc. You realize than that you just can't help yourself to stop and get a little bite of.............

CHICKEN SALAD! HA, couldn't resist. :):p

The Coral isn't the same class as Golden. I think there is only one other ship in her class which is the Island. They do primarily Panama Canal and Alaska cruises. Pam mentioned she really liked this class of ship.

We may have to do a BVE on the Golden as well. :) I've sailed the Star Princess and the Golden may be in that class but I'm not quite sure. I want to book at least one of the shorter cruises out of San Pedro. A great way to accumulate cruises so I can get to Elite status.

As long as there is an IC, you can count me in. :p

As long as there is an IC, you can count me in. :p

I do believe the Golden has an IC. We'll have to check out some dates and book it. Did you get a chance to book the Coral BVE? I forgot again but am going to call right now.

Me too! It sounds great. I can't wait until my cruise. Does the Coral have an IC?

Doesn't sound like the Coral has an IC. We'll just have to try some things at the Horizon Court. Not sure if it has an Alfredo's Pizzeria but I'd like to perhaps try that.

I know you are going to love your cruise. If weather permits, be sure and spend some time out on the promenade deck. Unlike many other Princess ships the Sapphire has full loungers out there. For me, when I'm sitting in one of those loungers on promenade and looking out on the sea I really get this amazing feeling. Not sure if I can describe it but it really feels like I'm on an oceanliner. Plus, if I sit in the afternoon right outside of Crooner's Martini bar I pop in and grab a Milky Way martini and take it back out with me. I also like doing my daily walk on the promenade deck if I decide not to go to the gym. It's pretty amazing exercising and looking at the ocean. You do have to go up and down some stairs. I have to admit, when I'm walking and get completely aft I stop and stare at the beautiful wake. Probably lowers my heart rate but increases my joy:D

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful So Cal weather and have a lovely July 4th.

Chicken salad! Also espresso panna cotta, tiramisu, and love when the cookie guy comes out with hot chocolate chip cookies and cold milk!

Our pictures of the IC are here:http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=crown_princess&cat1=3&cat2=2

Nancy, the gelato is also an extra charge I believe, but the other sweets, sandwiches, quiches, etc. are free.

I forgot to go there during breakfast hours! My son would have loved the unlimited donuts! For every breakfast, my son only had 1 pancake (a large scoop of syrup), 1 slice of ham, and 1 hard boiled egg. Had I known the IC had so many wonderful stuff during breakfast, I wouldn't have forced him to go to the Horizon court every morning. The little guy lost 2 lbs on the cruise!

I love the chocolate custard! I went to the IC several times way too late at night to find any great desserts, but I agree this is the best addition to Princess ships.

I would just take the IC desserts either to my room to enjoy them later or to the Horizon Court so I can eat my cakes and enjoy the view too. I'm too frugal to pay for specialty coffee, so a nice cup of Earl Grey tea in the Horizon Court with these IC desserts is a really nice way to enjoy the Alaskan sunset at 9:30pm!

I forgot to go there during breakfast hours! My son would have loved the unlimited donuts! For every breakfast, my son only had 1 pancake (a large scoop of syrup), 1 slice of ham, and 1 hard boiled egg. Had I known the IC had so many wonderful stuff during breakfast, I wouldn't have forced him to go to the Horizon court every morning. The little guy lost 2 lbs on the cruise!

I love the chocolate custard! I went to the IC several times way too late at night to find any great desserts, but I agree this is the best addition to Princess ships.

I would just take the IC desserts either to my room to enjoy them later or to the Horizon Court so I can eat my cakes and enjoy the view too. I'm too frugal to pay for specialty coffee, so a nice cup of Earl Grey tea in the Horizon Court with these IC desserts is a really nice way to enjoy the Alaskan sunset at 9:30pm!

I like the IC for breakfast. Can't remenber the last time I went to Horizon. Give me one of those breakfast sandwiches and a cup of coffee and I'm good to go.....:):):)

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I like the IC for breakfast. Can't remenber the last time I went to Horizon. Give me one of those breakfast sandwiches and a cup of coffee and I'm good to go.....:):):)

Bob

I agree, Bob. Or on a day where I have a craving for sweets I like the chocolate croissant and a cup of coffee:)

I do believe the Golden has an IC.

Doesn't sound like the Coral has an IC. We'll just have to try some things at the Horizon Court. Not sure if it has an Alfredo's Pizzeria but I'd like to perhaps try that.

The Golden has an IC, but no gelato. The Coral does not have an IC or Alfredo's.

I apologize if this has already been answered, but could someone tell me if there is a charge for anything except specialty coffees? Thanks
The only food item that has a charge at the International Cafe is the gelato. But not every IC has the gelato.

Bob

Please describe the breakfast sandwich.

Also when does the IC stop serving breakfast items (the breakfast sandwich and doughnuts)

Archived