Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

We like the Chicken Salad.

I am an early riser so I go to the IC about 6am

The staff putting out the granola and donuts. YUM !!!!

I sit with a cup of coffee and people watch. Sometimes the head of the

Hotel staff will sample some items. It is a popular place in the early morning. The same people visit the IC in the early AM and we have a little

group get together.

Can't wait for our TA in April:).

Love the morning yogurt parfaits also.

Wasn't too fond of the yogurt parfaits as I found them a little on the 'sour' side. However, if you mix their little bowl of muesli into it - it's quite yummy. :) I also like their lemon danish.

Thanks for all of the tips about the International Cafe. It will hard to decide what to select. Like a kid in a candy store. :) I was on the Caribbean Princess in 2009 and I thought that you had to pay extra for everything. I did not know what I was missing.

I am definitively going to try the chicken salad. That seemed to be the most recommended item on this thread. I think the fresh baked cookies are a must as well, along with a breakfast sandwich in the morning.

Luckily I will be sailing on the Emerald soon so I will get to sample all of the treats! :)

Thanks for all of the tips about the International Cafe. It will hard to decide what to select. Like a kid in a candy store. :) I was on the Caribbean Princess in 2009 and I thought that you had to pay extra for everything. I did not know what I was missing.

I am definitively going to try the chicken salad. That seemed to be the most recommended item on this thread. I think the fresh baked cookies are a must as well, along with a breakfast sandwich in the morning.

Luckily I will be sailing on the Emerald soon so I will get to sample all of the treats! :)

Enjoy your cruise on the Emerald and enjoy the IC. It really is such a nice venue. I'm thinking of the shrimp salad we grabbed and took up to our balcony as we got back from ports:):):)

Enjoy your cruise on the Emerald and enjoy the IC. It really is such a nice venue. I'm thinking of the shrimp salad we grabbed and took up to our balcony as we got back from ports:):):)

I'm guessing by your post that you enjoyed the shrimp salad.

How exactly was it made on your ship.

as I posted earlier, the shrimp salad on the crown in February it was mostly celery, with a few shrimp tossed in and a white watery substance.

Bill

Be careful with the chicken salad. I had two slender, but sharp bones in mine.:eek: I had looked forward to it, but found it bland. DH liked the shrimp salad. It looked more like shrimp than celery.

The very, very best thing on the IC is ....

of course "EVERYTHING!!!!!!":D:D:D:D

Cathy

We must of had a very off week as i am not a picky eater and eat just about anything but sure couldn't recommend anything I ate there the 5 days we were on the ship.

Maybe it was affected by all the noro on the ship or something.:confused:

I hope my next experience is better.:)

Bill

Oh yeah! Gelato!!! at $1.50 for 3 big scoops, it's the bargain of the week! It is smooth and yummy no matter which flavor you choose. We sail in 3 days, and I'm already salivating over the gelato!

I missed the Gelato! Was it in the International Cafe?

Not all the ICs have Gelato. The Golden doesn't' date=' so I'm guessing the Grand doesn't either. But there's the yummy cookies....[/quote']

You will find Gelato on the Caribbiean , Crown , Emerlad, Ruby and nex yea on the new Royal.

It is YUMMY!!!!!!

I really liked the chicken salad on the CB....it made a lovely mid day snack.

We fell into the habit on port days of me dashing off to the IC for Capps and large coffees, those amazing breakfast sandwiches and a jelly doughnut every second day (sadly for me alone). YUM

The last cruise was the first time with the IC and now it would be hard to cruise with out it.:)

On the Golden last year the IC had miniature coconut cream pies!!!!

My husband loves the peanut butter chocolate tarts

and I love all the miniature fruit tarts.

The mozzarella basil tomato paninis are okay, as is the Greek salad -- tasty but not over the top. Truthfully, I like the meatball marinara at Subway more than I like the sandwiches at the IC. I know -- I'm a dork.

Shrimp salad was full of shrimp, not watery as someone else said, but the shrimp salad was just okay -- nothing that remarkable IMHO. I can get wonderful seafood where I live, so the shrimp salad isn't that impressive to me.

I guess I'm more impressed with the little desserts because I don't bake that much.

Please Please tell me there is an International Cafe on the Diamond,cant find it on her deck plan. Only ever been on the Sun class ships before.

After seeing those lovely pics I can feel the weight coming on already.

Cheers Johhno

This is probably my FAVORITE thread going right now! I love reading everyone's favs and have accumulated a LONG mental list of all the goodies I want to try. HOW will I ever eat that MUCH food in a week.....? Not sure, but I'm going to try! :D :D :D

Please Please tell me there is an International Cafe on the Diamond,cant find it on her deck plan. Only ever been on the Sun class ships before.

After seeing those lovely pics I can feel the weight coming on already.

Cheers Johhno

Sadly, there is not. I suspect next upgrade will add it. We will be on May 1, and I wanted IC so much. Oh well. Someday I will find one. :)

Doug

• 1 month later...
Every time I want to snack at home, I think about that Gianduja pudding. Three days with no snacking at home = one day with Gianduja pudding on the ship. That's a LOT of motivation!

What is "Gianduja Pudding"? It must be pretty good stuff if you are willing to give up snacking for 3 days. Do they always serve this or is it a 1 day item?

Archived