Best Treat at the International Cafe???

gecko12

For the Coral - we found a cart every afternoon about 3:15 being pushed around with those heavenly warm chocolate chip cookies. No IC on the Coral, but a wonderful ship in every way! I cannot wait to try the IC on the Crown on our Transatlantic in December!

I like to eat breakfast at the IC before leaving on an early excursion. Yogurt parfaits, museli, and breakfast sandwiches are my favorites along with my latte. (But I love everything they offer too!). Can't wait to eat there again in just 9 more days. :D

I can see eating most of my breakfasts and lunches here. Is there ever a long line or a time that they are really busy?

I've never really noticed very long lines for the food portion of the I/C. The coffee part of the I/C is another quesstion. At times it can take you a good bitt of time to get a cup of coffee. The ccrew ddoes theeir best but it definetely gets crowdeed. One thing that contributes to the long lines , that I've noticced is, some passengers try to start their own lines when they see long lines alreaddy in place.....

Bob

I've never really noticed very long lines for the food portion of the I/C. The coffee part of the I/C is another quesstion. At times it can take you a good bitt of time to get a cup of coffee. The ccrew ddoes theeir best but it definetely gets crowdeed. One thing that contributes to the long lines , that I've noticced is, some passengers try to start their own lines when they see long lines alreaddy in place.....

Bob

When people who have NEVER cruised before ask me for suggestions. I always tell them to not forget their patience and a smile. Cruising is filled with "lines" and the ability to wait without losing "it" is very important!!!!

• There is always enough food, even if you come back later or start off earlier.
  • The show will either be done again on another day or later.
  • The movie you missed can be seen in your cabin on the T.V.
  • If you miss a Bingo game come back tomorrow.
  • There's lots of alcohol and plenty of bars to get it from.
  • If you want to go down on the elevator and they're all going "up", get onboard, push your desired floor and I promise the elevator will eventually go to where you're going. And, you may even make a new friend on your journey.

Bob

Quick question... can you get your coffee in 'to go' cups? Also, is this REAL coffee or the 'syrup kind' I keep reading about? Sorry. I guess that was two questions.....:eek:

Thanks in advance for the answer(s)! :)

Quick question... can you get your coffee in 'to go' cups? Also, is this REAL coffee or the 'syrup kind' I keep reading about? Sorry. I guess that was two questions.....:eek:

Thanks in advance for the answer(s)! :)

Yes, go-cups are available. With lids.

Brewed, definitely! That's why everyone likes it! The nasty syrup stuff is available, for free, elsewhere on the ship.

Every time I want to snack at home, I think about that Gianduja pudding. Three days with no snacking at home = one day with Gianduja pudding on the ship. That's a LOT of motivation!

Oooh! That's a good motivator! I've only got 40 days till I cruise, so I better quick snacking! :D

Is everything at the International Cafe "free", or do you pay extra for the food/treats from there?

All the food is free, except the gelato, offered for $1.50-ish on those ships that have it. The brewed coffee, and specialty coffee drinks & teas, are not free.

The best "treat" in the IC is finding a place to sit!!!:D

Is the IC small? Can anyone estimate how many persons it holds?

Can you put tables together so our gang of 12 can have a nice chocolate breakfast one morning? :D If we find enough seats that is.... :)

Thank you!

Archived