October Caribbean Cruise

Wondering who has been on a Eastern Caribbean cruise in October and what type of weather can be expected? I know there's no way of telling the weather but, I also know it's peak of hurricane season. We're debating October or December. Does anyone have any input?

Wondering who has been on a Eastern Caribbean cruise in October and what type of weather can be expected? I know there's no way of telling the weather but, I also know it's peak of hurricane season. We're debating October or December. Does anyone have any input?

Last year sailed from September 28 - October 1 on the Eastern Caribbean and got lucky and had great weather. Just a couple of short periods of rain that only lasted an hour or so on 2 or 3 days of the cruise and then the sun came out. There actually was a tropical storm in the Caribbean during our cruise but it was not in the path of the cruise and didn't affect it.

We typically cruise in Oct. Only one cruise have we had an issue and we switched from Eastern to Western on the 1st Sea day due to a very unexpected tropical depression that formed. The weather is usually HOT and great if you don't have any storms! It is our favorite time to cruise honestly!

We have cruised to the Caribbean in October on two occasions and we would do it again in a heart beat if our schedules allow it.

I've cruised in October before and it was fine. But, yes, it is hurricane season. I'd probably go with December instead, not only because hurricane season should be over, but also because ships are usually decorated for Christmas then. The weekend just after USA Thanksgiving (4th Thursday in November) also is usually a good time to cruise.

We like to sail in October because that's when the kids have their fall break. If I didn't mind the kids missing school (and me work since I work at their school) I would choose December only because it would maybe be a bit cooler and also decorated for Christmas. We've never had issues with bad weather until our last cruise this past October. I'm sure you heard about it on the boards. We sailed while the other two ships waited til the next day to leave because of the weather. All in all, it turned out fine and it wasn't bad enough to scare me away from October (we just booked another cruise for this October).

This past October I went to the Eastern Caribbean on Allure. For the most part the weather was nice except for a few times when it rained, but it only did for short periods of time. I would try to book near the end just to try to be safe from the hurricanes. The temperatures were very nice, not too hot, not too cold, just perfect. Have Fun!!!:D

The eastern itinerary is great. October is near the end of hurricane season which runs June 1 to November 30. On my eastern cruise on Freedom of the Seas a hurricane near St. Maarten forced us to skip that port giving us an extra sea day. If there are no hurricanes you'll enjoy the weather as it is pretty comfortable that time of year.

Hurricanes can occur anytime between June and Novemeber....give or take a month! Mother Nature is fickle that way!

If there is no storm brewing....weather is weather....it will most likely be nice. There's no real way to predict it. Even the pros don't know what will happen.

Your ship will NEVER sail into a storm of any magnitude..no worries about that! Should a storm occur, you will re-route.

We have cruised on October 16 (because of our anniversary on the 21st), and found it HOT. We live in SW Florida and by mid-October we are just tired of hot weather. This year we sailed on October 30 and enjoyed it more (slightly less humid and Halloween on board was fun). I think November and December are nicer months weather-wise - still warm/hot, but not as humid and no "what-if" moments worrying about hurricanes. I know November is technically part of hurricane season, but September and October are the prime months.

You don't mention sailing with children in your post....but if you are looking for cruises with fewer children...beware of something called "Fall Break" in October.

It was mentioned in a previous post...but without the necessary emphasis! :D:):D There will be lots of children onboard during Fall Break.

The weather was fine. Rained some in St. Thomas, poured actually, but warm.

Archived