Ships Captains

Shogun

Recieved a Pre-cruise letter the other day...Mariano Manfuso is captain on the Caribbean Princess.

Good Luck. YOu won't understand a word he says. Nice man, but his English is almost unintelligible. We will be on the CB in June, so I guess I now know who my Captain will be.

There is a post on RCI which has all the Captains. The man who did it put a lot of work and effort into it. I'm not familiar with the Captains but hopefully someone will undertake the project. Would be very helpful and appreciated by many.

Carol

I hope that all the captains are equally knowledgeable and it would make no difference who you get. Yes, some are friendlier, better speakers, etc. We just don't want to get the one that abandons ship during an emergency.

I would think with the way they rotate in and out of the schedule it would be almost impossible to keep a list up-to-date. I forget exactly, but one Captain told me he was 5 months on, 4 off (or something similar). Plus, they don't always return to the same ship.

Edited by toberman

I would think with the way they rotate in and out of the schedule it would be almost impossible to keep a list up-to-date. I forget exactly, but one Captain told me he was 5 months on, 4 off (or something similar). Plus, they don't always return to the same ship.

There used to be a guy named Andy (Andrew) who would monthly or bimonthly post reports of Captains and Cruise Directors. He stopped when he became a Deck Cadet (I think that is what it was called) on Princess or P&O. Not sure where he is now but I hope he is one of my Captains in the future. He truly loved the ships and the sea!

There used to be a guy named Andy (Andrew) who would monthly or bimonthly post reports of Captains and Cruise Directors. He stopped when he became a Deck Cadet (I think that is what it was called) on Princess or P&O. Not sure where he is now but I hope he is one of my Captains in the future. He truly loved the ships and the sea!

That was Andy Hogg.

He went to the CB 2-3 years ago. :)

Captain Justin Lawes will be Captain of the Ocean Princess from Saturday 17th March until the ship arrives into Capetown in May when Captain Stefano Ravera will take over.

Jennie

The Ocean is Capt. Ravera's ship; others are just temps.

We are elite on Princess and have cruised many times on various Princess ships. Never has the captain made a difference in the product that was delivered...so to me the captain is irrelevant. Maybe its just me.

We are elite on Princess and have cruised many times on various Princess ships. Never has the captain made a difference in the product that was delivered...so to me the captain is irrelevant. Maybe its just me.

Tell that to the people on the Costa Concordia