New balcony furniture on Caribe deck on Grand

Gettingwarmer

There is a live thread on the Ruby and I asked about the furniture on the Caribe deck. Answer - It has not been changed. Still 4 chairs and a large table.

Four chairs' date=' yes, but are at least two the semi reclining type? To us it's the most important feature. [/font']

Really? So hard to believe that the Princess Rep could stick to her guns....If called, I think I would have been biting my tongue so hard it would drawn blood!

Three of our five cruises in the past two years were in Caribe balcony cabins and the furniture was the same for all..two large chairs, two lounge chairs and a dining-height table and we USED our balcony. I was shocked when I read on CC that our next two cruises, both on Cariibe, will have the new furniture. We love Princess, but this is very disappointing! :(

I imagine that the rep has a script that she has to stick to and is in no position to make any promises. These poor people are low on the totem pole and stuck with dealing directly with the irate passengers. Some supervisor got the word from a higher up and as you know $%*# rolls downhill. You probably have to direct your complaints to the CEO.

Sue

I asked the rep about mini-suite furniture since we have booked mini-suites for future cruises. She said that the same 2 chairs and mini-table will be provided.:(Only Suite balconies will receive the upgraded furniture.)

What kind of balcony furniture is provided on other lines?

Someone else asked on board about getting two more chairs for the caribe balcony. The steward said you can only get more chairs if you have a mini-suite. Don't know what to believe.

A lot of people are complaining via the questionaire at the end of the cruise when they have used the new furniture.

Maybe the deckchair type were removed because someone hurt themselves sitting on the back of it?

You pay a premium for the caribe deck. The four chairs and a usable table were always there. If you want Princess to change to the 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a usable table you must call and write to Alan Buckelew.

His phone # is 1-661-753-0000 - you probably will not get thru to him but tell the person who answers what the problem is.

His fax # is 1-661753-4411 - send him a fax telling him your feelings re: Caribe deck furniture and the fact that you pay a premium for a Caribe deck.

His email is "abuckelew@princesscruises.com".

You pay a premium for the caribe deck. The four chairs and a usable table were always there. If you want Princess to change to the 2 chairs, 2 loungers and a usable table you must call and write to Alan Buckelew.

His phone # is 1-661-753-0000 - you probably will not get thru to him but tell the person who answers what the problem is.

His fax # is 1-661753-4411 - send him a fax telling him your feelings re: Caribe deck furniture and the fact that you pay a premium for a Caribe deck.

When I got the call from Princess and I mentioned that I was going to e-mail him I was told there was no need because he would be informed of all the complaints.

I did 10 days ago but he must be on a cruise trying out the new furniture as I have had no response;):p

We were on the Crown a month or so ago and the furniture was new in our mini suite. We still had a large table and then 2 chairs that reclined and 2 foot stools.

Yes - recent Grand mini had 2 recliner chairs - 2 foot stools & full height table.

Dear ,

Thank you for choosing to sail again with Princess Cruises®. As one of our valued past passengers, we particularly appreciate that you are allowing us to provide you with another fantastic vacation experience.

We look forward to hosting you onboard Golden Princess on your January 16, 2013 sailing to Hawaii.

As always, your travel agent at XXXXX is your best source to answer any questions and provide suggestions on how to make the most of your upcoming vacation. We hope the information below will also help you get excited and get ready to escape completely. Keep an eye on your email inbox in the weeks ahead for at least three additional messages.

And remember, you can visit your Cruise Personalizer anytime for the latest information on your booking, voyage information, pre-reservations or Travel Summary.

Sincerely,

Alan Buckelew

President & CEO, Princess Cruises

Thanks you for the e-mail

I have been reading on Cruise Critic that Princess is changing the furniture on many of the Caribe balconies to include only 2 chairs and a much smaller table . As you can see,I have booked a BB on the Caribe deck. Is the furniture being changed on the Golden Princess before my cruise? It seems pointless to pay extra to book a stateroom with a larger balcony if the furniture on it is the same as the smaller ones.

A reply would be most appreciated.

What annoys me about this is that they do not have any of this update information available to TAs and when we try to call to find out, they give us the same runaround! The person I spoke with didn't even know the difference between one of the better Caribe balconies and any other balcony.

My DH and I are booked on the Star Princess to Hawaii in Nov.2012. We have a Caribe deck balcony. After reading all of this about the small table....My DH had a good idea. He said that in the middle of the night he should go and "Borrow" a poolside table for our balcony.How funny is this...Now were contemplating doing things that we never even thought of doing just to have breakfast on our balcony. I wonder if this is a plan to get people to "BUY" balcony meals?

We had missed the original posting and then treated it as a joke until it now sinks in that this is the new ambiance for the Grand's decks.

Well, it will now be impossible to entertain anyone on our balcony with this seating arrangement and so I guess we had better gather up our guests and go to one of the ship's bars and entertain them there..... on our account.....

How subtle.

What annoys me about this is that they do not have any of this update information available to TAs and when we try to call to find out, they give us the same runaround! The person I spoke with didn't even know the difference between one of the better Caribe balconies and any other balcony.

Sometimes it seems like the TAs are the last to get information and other times they are encyclopedias lol

-KD

We had missed the original posting and then treated it as a joke until it now sinks in that this is the new ambiance for the Grand's decks.

Well, it will now be impossible to entertain anyone on our balcony with this seating arrangement and so I guess we had better gather up our guests and go to one of the ship's bars and entertain them there..... on our account.....

How subtle.

Exactly.

How subtle.

I refuse to believe the conspiracy theories until they are proven. :rolleyes:

Thank you all for your contribution to this thread. As of now we have no definate answer from Princess, however from responses their people on both sides of the pond seem to have little idea of how the Caribe balconies were set up.

People who have booked under the old stateroom categories where the price was higher for Caribe seem to have cause for complaint. Under the new categories the area on the ship rather than the deck decrees the price and the Caribe balconies are not necessarily higher in price. However what you are supposed to do with all that empty space and no decent table who knows?

I like to cruise for the places to visit and the ambiance of my stateroom and balcony. With no sofa on Princess the Caribe balconies made up for the lack of comfort inside.

During the next year I have luckily already booked cruises on a different line, and I shall wait till the balcony furniture is resolved and the new categories are more well understood before I make use (if at all) of my two FCCs but I would hope that I travel again with Princess.

We appreciate your feedback about the furniture on Caribe deck balconies. After hearing your comments, we're pleased to tell you that we've decided to make a change. These balconies will now offer two reclining chairs, two ottomans and a dining table. We're in the process of ordering this new furniture and expect it to roll out over the coming months. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

We appreciate your feedback about the furniture on Caribe deck balconies. After hearing your comments, we're pleased to tell you that we've decided to make a change. These balconies will now offer two reclining chairs, two ottomans and a dining table. We're in the process of ordering this new furniture and expect it to roll out over the coming months. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Great news and fantastic customer service!

Thanks! I only wish you could have it done by Tuesday!!! :D Nice to know you are listening.

Cheers, Denise

Thank you, Princess! Thank you for listening to us -- I forgive you for disappointing us on our last cruise on the Star (Caribe balcony), and we look forward to the Caribe balconies we have booked on the Sapphire this August. This has made my day!:)

Archived