M-Class Aft Cabin lovers: Reclining chairs have been removed.

C 2 C

Host, Andy, thank you for looking into this. I will eagerly await Celebrity's response.

I really cannot imagine what the safety issues could be. I hope we will get an explanation, or, better yet, the return of the loungers. If they are not replacing them, they had better change the 3D drawing of the FV cabin in their marketing materials.

Maybe they just wanted more loungers for the pool deck.

Wondering if we should have booked adjoining balcony cabins instead of the FV.

This is awful news. We have a C1 in less than 2 weeks and booked it for the third year in a row... based in large part upon the fabulous balcony and the loungers. I am hoping some recent Summit cruisers will let us know what they hear.

We have an aft C1 on Summit for 15 days coming up on April 21. If there are no loungers out there we will never book another. Was torn if I should try Aqua but was able to get the aft 7203 for both our cruises so we took that as it was always our favorite cabin balcony. Very dissappointed if this happens fleet wide.

Pat

And we have a corner FV on Connie in the Caribbean for 2 weeks...in 3 weeks :) This would be VERY disappointing!!!!

Steve

I am sailing with Steve and have the corner FV on the Connie right below Steve. I could have upgraded several times to a suite for not that much money at all. But no I wanted to keep my FV. Will be VERY disappointed in this is the new rule.

Laura

I am sailing with Steve and have the corner FV on the Connie right below Steve. I could have upgraded several times to a suite for not that much money at all. But no I wanted to keep my FV. Will be VERY disappointed in this is the new rule.

Laura

I'm thinking we could look for inflatable lounge chairs in FLL to take if push came to shove :mad:

Steve

41KGHxz7c4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg41-7J5GKKRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51wjUWCUkTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

And we have a corner FV on Connie in the Caribbean for 2 weeks...in 3 weeks :) This would be VERY disappointing!!!!

Steve

We have a corner FV on the Connie this Sat., also. But the good news is that we also had one after the Solsticization of the Connie and it still had the old loungers:)

We have a corner FV on the Connie this Sat., also. But the good news is that we also had one after the Solsticization of the Connie and it still had the old loungers:)

Have a great time! Are you planning to post while on board? I would love to hear if there have been any changes re lounges since your last trip.

Steve

This is making me pretty nervous. We have a C1 on the Summit in June. I want my lounge chairs out there!!:mad:

This was Summit 8172 in early February -- as you can see, DW was very nervous about the death-threatening lounge chairs :eek:

Regards, Ned

P2120011.jpg.96062951db2629d192c4a191b3ffd290.jpg

P2120012.jpg.30526cc4af6da723937a8c79d470e558.jpg

I complained to front officer manager.. who knew nothing about it.

I mentioned it to the HD who new nothing about it.

I talked to the safety officer who did not know about it and stated as long as it was not cloth covered the chair should have been ok.

Last night a chair with attached leg support, not a recliner , was placed on our balcony...

It is not an upscale chair as on some balconies... but the same as around some of the pool area... same construction material as the removed offending recliners..

One obnoxious front office person stated that they should never have been there in the first place.. :mad: but she has been miserable since we first saw her two months ago..

I talked to the safety officer who did not know about it and stated as long as it was not cloth covered the chair should have been ok.

Last night a chair with attached leg support, not a recliner , was placed on our balcony...

It is not an upscale chair as on some balconies... but the same as around some of the pool area... same construction material as the removed offending recliners..

One obnoxious front office person stated that they should never have been there in the first place.. :mad: but she has been miserable since we first saw her two months ago..

What furniture do you see on other C1 afts? What is on the FV balconies?

What are they thinking? :mad: I can't believe the HD and Safety Officer didn't know anything about it.....

Could you please post while you are on our cruise to tell us all if the chairs have been replaced or what??

Laura

I'm not condoning this decision, just sharing an experience. We were on Equinox, a day before getting back to Ft. Lauderdale. A sudden and violent storm hit us, I watched those lounge chairs flip up in the air, from up on the walking/jogging deck, and come crashing down on the pool deck. The wind got under them.The activities staff was desperatly trying to get all on outside decks to move indoors. I am not sure if verandahs were affected as the ship listed quite badly, the last place we were going was on the verandah.

Geez hope tehy get this figured out!

Did you tell her they have been there for years?

I'm not condoning this decision, just sharing an experience. We were on Equinox, a day before getting back to Ft. Lauderdale. A sudden and violent storm hit us, I watched those lounge chairs flip up in the air, from up on the walking/jogging deck, and come crashing down on the pool deck. The wind got under them.The activities staff was desperatly trying to get all on outside decks to move indoors. I am not sure if verandahs were affected as the ship listed quite badly, the last place we were going was on the verandah.

If thats the health and safety reason wouldn't they have to remove all of the chairs on the pool deck and everywhere elae outside - just in case. It all still makes no sense to me at all! It will be more of a health and safety hazard when we all start carrying chairs down from the pool deck!

If thats the health and safety reason wouldn't they have to remove all of the chairs on the pool deck and everywhere elae outside - just in case. It all still makes no sense to me at all! It will be more of a health and safety hazard when we all start carrying chairs down from the pool deck!

Right, ships go thru storms and high winds all the time. Something else has changed and is causing this. Could it be like the woman who burned herself with hot coffee and then sued and collected big money because there was no warning on the coffee cup? Maybe some one got their pinky caught in the reclining chair and successfully sued the ship.

Have a great time! Are you planning to post while on board? I would love to hear if there have been any changes re lounges since your last trip.

Steve

I don't usually but I'll try my best:)

Archived