M-Class Aft Cabin lovers: Reclining chairs have been removed.

C 2 C

To my knowledge, the only (two) cruiselines who have permits to cruise 'Glacier Bay' are HAL & Princess! ;)

While this is true most of the time, in 1996 I was on a Royal Caribbean ship that was able to go to Glacier Bay as a slot opened up for us. I will say it is much nicer there than Hubbard Glacier which I went to in 2002.

Pat

Obviously this is a hot topic and to each his/her own but I personally would not even factor what type of seating is provided on a balcony into any decsion regarding which cabin I book. Is it REALLY an impact to your vacation to have a lounger vs. a chair? Thinking back to the many cruises we have been on, I honestly cannot remember what kind of furniture was on any balcony we've had.

Obviously this is a hot topic and to each his/her own but I personally would not even factor what type of seating is provided on a balcony into any decsion regarding which cabin I book. Is it REALLY an impact to your vacation to have a lounger vs. a chair? Thinking back to the many cruises we have been on, I honestly cannot remember what kind of furniture was on any balcony we've had.

Depends on your cruising style. For myself, I use my balcony in preference to the public decks. I pay extra for the aft staterooms whenever I can snag one. If =X= removes the furniture that makes the veranda useable for me, then I will have to re-think my selection of cabin type and, ultimately, the cruise line, since I can get lovely aft balconies with lounge chairs on other lines.

Depends on your cruising style. For myself, I use my balcony in preference to the public decks. I pay extra for the aft staterooms whenever I can snag one. If =X= removes the furniture that makes the veranda useable for me, then I will have to re-think my selection of cabin type and, ultimately, the cruise line, since I can get lovely aft balconies with lounge chairs on other lines.

Amen!

On Oceania, for example, I rarely book a balcony. I have no interest in sitting upright in a chair for hours.

I really like lounging - whether reading a book, resting, or just taking in the scenery -- away from the crowds. I prefer not to be at the pool with all the noise and music (and kids). The aft balconies are (were) a perfect choice for that reason.

To some of us, it does matter. This change will make me think twice about booking an M class aft cabin.

On Oceania, for example, I rarely book a balcony. I have no interest in sitting upright in a chair for hours.

I really like lounging - whether reading a book, resting, or just taking in the scenery -- away from the crowds. I prefer not to be at the pool with all the noise and music (and kids). The aft balconies are (were) a perfect choice for that reason.

To some of us, it does matter. This change will make me think twice about booking an M class aft cabin.

This is us too. We love reading out on our balcony.

Laura

And that's an "amen" from me too!!

We have 2 cruises booked and our choice of cabin is based on balcony furniture and size. We've paid a lot of money for our first aft on M class. It's our holiday and I want to lounge in peace and solitude ( DP is not overly fussed ) as surprisingly enough I never seem to get the chance to lounge when working !

My thoughts exactly. I don't want to be at the pool in the sun with all that hub-bub. The aft balconies were perfect for us for that reason - relaxing and watching the wake of the boat...very mesmerizing....great therapy!! I liked being out there in the evening, relaxing under the stars, listening to guitar music wafting down form the bar on deck 10.

We were willing to pay the higher prices that these aft cabins cost for that little piece of luxury......now, if there are no loungers, it's just big wasted real estate (expansive balcony) with a table and a couple of regular up right chairs....I can have that on any balcony cabin on the ship.

What will really tick me off is that a month or so ago they had Suite Gty. for only $100.00 more than what we paid. But I said no, I want my corner FV with my wonderful balcony. Hope that was not a foolish move on my part.:rolleyes::(

Laura

obviously this is a hot topic and to each his/her own but i personally would not even factor what type of seating is provided on a balcony into any decsion regarding which cabin i book. Is it really an impact to your vacation to have a lounger vs. A chair? Thinking back to the many cruises we have been on, i honestly cannot remember what kind of furniture was on any balcony we've had.

depends on your cruising style. For myself, i use my balcony in preference to the public decks. I pay extra for the aft staterooms whenever i can snag one. If =x= removes the furniture that makes the veranda useable for me, then i will have to re-think my selection of cabin type and, ultimately, the cruise line, since i can get lovely aft balconies with lounge chairs on other lines.

^^^^this^^^^

Double amen to this. That's the reason people pay the big bucks for these cabins. The cabins themselves aren't any larger. If they take away that reason, then it's definitely time to look for another cruise line that offers better amenities.

Double amen to this. That's the reason people pay the big bucks for these cabins. The cabins themselves aren't any larger. If they take away that reason, then it's definitely time to look for another cruise line that offers better amenities.

Linda, Totally agree. Rod can stay out on the lounger on that balcony all day. He listens to his ipod and watches the wake. He just loves it. It might just be the time to take less cruises a year but go on a cruise line that gives him the perks he wants.

Pat

I have also posted on Celebrity's facebook page to see if there is an answer. I dare say DH will lose his you-know-what if those chairs are gone. Lying there watching Alaska go by is all he's dreamed of for over a year. I think we'll be joining previous posters and drag pool chairs down to our cabin. Won't we all be a sight?!

A simple call to Celebrity did confirm the unfortunate fact that only suites will have recliners on their balconies. All sunset/aft balconies will now only have two chairs and a table.

At first the representative on the phone denied any knowledge of recliner-gate but when I demanded to know more he put me on hold (twice) to further investigate and did verify said concerns. "Only suites will have recliners on the M-class ships and the aft balconies will only have two chairs with a table."

He was not aware of any safety issues regarding such.

This is the most disturbing news we've had. If we weren't fully paid (and too late to get a refund) we would cancel. Celebrity should be ashamed and be prepared to give "rebates" to those of us who purposely chose the AFT cabins for this reason.

I'm heading to CVS to buy a couple to take with us. Fortunately, we'll be driving. :mad:

A simple call to Celebrity did confirm the unfortunate fact that only suites will have recliners on their balconies. All sunset/aft balconies will now only have two chairs and a table.

At first the representative on the phone denied any knowledge of recliner-gate but when I demanded to know more he put me on hold (twice) to further investigate and did verify said concerns. "Only suites will have recliners on the M-class ships and the aft balconies will only have two chairs with a table."

He was not aware of any safety issues regarding such.

Well, if that is true, good bye to any C1's for me! Have one booked right now, and if I can confirm this as well, I'll be changing that booking to a different cabin.

Any reason given?

I wonder if this is the case for FV as well. On Celebrity's site they do not show loungers on C1 rooms for M Class ships, but they do show them on FV rooms.

I just posted on Celebrity's Facebook page, I see someone else did as well. Hopefully if enough people voice an opinion they will reconsider. :)

(My post appears to have been moderated off the thread. Because I have no idea why, here it is again:)

I too had booked an aft balcony for an April cruise on the Constellation. I, too, just got off the phone with Celebrity; and I, too, was told that there were no lounge chairs on the CC aft balconies.

Interestingly ... I was also told that there had NEVER been lounge chairs on those balconies as a matter of course, only for suites and above.

HOWEVER ... My TA did some legwork and discovered that, while X doesn't advertise it, they MAY be able to provide lounge chairs to those balconies upon specific request. (Depends who you ask and under what circumstances, I guess.)

I consider this answer satisfactory, and will be asking our cabin steward to help us procure two of said loungers. Looks like the situation isn't as dire as we had been led to believe.

Gary

I am afraid that after a call to Celebrity that they verified to me that it is true. Loungers have been removed from C1's across the fleet. At this point, no one seems to know why.

I could not get info about the FV's......but if you have an FV booked, you may want to call and try to verify if you will have loungers or not.

As far as I am concerned either my cabin steward brings 2 loungers to our balcony,after I nicely request,or my DH and I will carry them down to our balcony.We are booked on deck nine so that is not too long a haul for something I paid dearly for.This sucks!!!

Laura

We have an FV booked for Saturday and one booked for November. If there are no lounge chairs, I will not book a C1 again. That is all we have ever booked on all our M Class cruises.

This makes me so angry...I will not book another aft again.:mad::mad::mad:

Only for suites?? We have had a few sky suites and none had a balcony big enough for a lounger.

Are you listening Celebrity???

Archived