M-Class Aft Cabin lovers: Reclining chairs have been removed.

C 2 C

We have also paid a lot for our very first aft C1 on Millenium in 2013

It was the last one left on our cruise and my TA was shocked at how much it was, but it's a special treat for a "special" birthday.

I will be really REALLY upset if I dont have a footstool! It may not mean a lot to some, but there are some of us who ask for very little in life and if a footstool makes us happy, surely its not too much to ask. The extra we have paid is, in reality, enough for us to pay for a footstool for most of the cabins on our deck!!!

I really hope this is sorted by the time we sail :mad:

Right, ships go thru storms and high winds all the time. Something else has changed and is causing this. Could it be like the woman who burned herself with hot coffee and then sued and collected big money because there was no warning on the coffee cup? Maybe some one got their pinky caught in the reclining chair and successfully sued the ship.

I will say I'm having fun imagining the stupid things people might be doing with these loungers to make this a safety issue.

I'm wondering if the current loungers have suffered some kind of "metal fatigue (or plastic fatigue?)" and there have been resulting accidents. Millennium won't be solsticized until May, so perhaps the new chair/footstools aren't available yet.

The OP did state that some kind of non-reclining chair with an attached leg support was placed on his balcony.

Does anyone have a picture of what that could be? I'm hoping this situation doesn't carry on.

In the interim, I am sorry for anyone who is not provided with a proper reclining lounger or reclining-chair-and-footstool-combination on any CC balcony and above.

They're probably suffering from miserable front desk person fatigue. :D

Hey Linda... Nice to see your smile & sure wish we could join you on the 5-1 Infinity B2B2B showing in your signature countdown clocks!! Wow, what an itinerary! Betty has decided she'd rather not fly (if we can avoid it) so we're looking for a B2B RT San Diego through the canal. We're currently booked in an aft C on the 4/16 Infintity & had hoped they were turning her around like this year. Since that's not happening, we're now waiting for the 4/2 release of new X Panama Canal Itineraries to, hopefully, book our aft C class balcony like we had the last time we cruised with you, Beth, Marilyn & J. If that doesn't happen, we'll have to decide to fly or make other arrangements. Sure hope we have nice balcony furniture by then!! :confused: Have you booked aft this time?

Then what would be the safety issue with stools as they have removed those from the Conceirge and I believe Aqua Class on the refurbished M-Class ship (Summit), but we had them on the S-class ship? Sounds like they may be trying to save some $$$?

Hey Linda... Nice to see your smile & sure wish we could join you on the 5-1 Infinity B2B2B showing in your signature countdown clocks!! Wow, what an itinerary! Betty has decided she'd rather not fly (if we can avoid it) so we're looking for a B2B RT San Diego through the canal. We're currently booked in an aft C on the 4/16 Infintity & had hoped they were turning her around like this year. Since that's not happening, we're now waiting for the 4/2 release of new X Panama Canal Itineraries to, hopefully, book our aft C class balcony like we had the last time we cruised with you, Beth, Marilyn & J. If that doesn't happen, we'll have to decide to fly or make other arrangements. Sure hope we have nice balcony furniture by then!! :confused: Have you booked aft this time?

Hi Lynn (and Betty)!

Would be fun to sail with you again. I'm not that fond of flying myself, but business class across the pond was quite a pleasant experience, I thought. Actually some of the best food I've had in a long time! Starting out with the TA, only have to fly home!

No, don't have an aft. Quit paying C1 prices once they sorted them out into C1, 2, and 3. Liked it much better when I could get a C1 for the price of a C3! And if they're taking away the loungers, I certainly wouldn't pay the extra.

We actually have a CS on the TA since my friend and I would have had to pay single supplement--this is only costing about $100 more (she doesn't share regular cabins). Then back to reality in regular balcony cabins for the rest of the trip--the CS wasn't such a good deal on the non-TA legs, and the second leg is extremely port intensive. Decided that since we were going all the way to Europe again we'd pack more in while we were there!

Hope you and Betty find some cruises that work for you. The current Captain's Club OBC offer is very good--and is combinable with Passages certificates.

My first reaction to this was that the safety excuse was BS, but they're complaining over on the Princess board about the same thing. They have a whole deck (Caribe) with large balconies, and the four reclining chairs and large table are being whisked away and replaced with two chairs (same type as X) and a tiny little table. Ditto the mini-suites. No footstools.

Makes it seem like a directive of some sort was handed down to the industry as the changeover seems to be happening at an alarming rate.

On a positive note, someone has posted a link to Amazon for an inflatable footstool :D

I'm not condoning this decision, just sharing an experience. We were on Equinox, a day before getting back to Ft. Lauderdale. A sudden and violent storm hit us, I watched those lounge chairs flip up in the air, from up on the walking/jogging deck, and come crashing down on the pool deck. The wind got under them.The activities staff was desperatly trying to get all on outside decks to move indoors. I am not sure if verandahs were affected as the ship listed quite badly, the last place we were going was on the verandah.

Don't they secure the deck furniture during weather?? It must have been really sudden 8 -O

And I would be totally peeved to have no chaise lounge on the deck.

I think it would be worth bringing something like this;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfdkPFAuE6nP59EoWd6fEk_APkcuBeBarursy9C-LhuDMDeuCJ9Q

Or even better, this;

kelsyus_beach_hammock_blue.jpg

In fact I may take my hammock ( I have had this Kelsus hammock for at least 8 years and it rocks.) along with me if we score a balcony at the last minute. That way I KNOW I'll have something to lounge in!

Don't they secure the deck furniture during weather?? It must have been really sudden 8 -O

And I would be totally peeved to have no chaise lounge on the deck.

I think it would be worth bringing something like this;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfdkPFAuE6nP59EoWd6fEk_APkcuBeBarursy9C-LhuDMDeuCJ9Q

Or even better, this;

kelsyus_beach_hammock_blue.jpg

In fact I may take my hammock ( I have had this Kelsus hammock for at least 8 years and it rocks.) along with me if we score a balcony at the last minute. That way I KNOW I'll have something to lounge in!

The hammock looks really comfy. Will be a sad day when I need to bring our own lounge chair. Guess I will not be spending big money any more on a aft cabin.

Laura

We too have an aft corner booked on the Infinity next month. Host Andy - has Celebrity responded to your question yet?

We are going to be very disappointed if we don't have loungers on the balcony. The stateroom description specifically states that loungers will be available and the floor plan shows them as well. That's one of the amenties we thought we were purchasing with the higher fares.

Not much use paying for the larger balcony if you can't use the space to relax. :(

Like I posted earlier-I will bring a lounger from the pool area to my aft balcony.Or a heavy piece of rope and lower the lounger down to my deck nine balcony.Not sure which would work better.

Laura

We too have an aft corner booked on the Infinity next month. Host Andy - has Celebrity responded to your question yet?

We are going to be very disappointed if we don't have loungers on the balcony. The stateroom description specifically states that loungers will be available and the floor plan shows them as well. That's one of the amenties we thought we were purchasing with the higher fares.

Not much use paying for the larger balcony if you can't use the space to relax. :(

We have corner on Infinity, too. I agree. The loungers are pictured in the marketing materials and they are part of what we purchased.

Guess we could haul the 2 couches from the cabin out there if they will fit through the door! I am serious.

Trying to imagine cruising Glacier Bay for 4 hours while standing on the balcony. That will get old fast. Sounds like there isn't enough seating for our family of 5.

......Trying to imagine cruising Glacier Bay for 4 hours while standing on the balcony. That will get old fast. Sounds like there isn't enough seating for our family of 5.

Glacier Bay... on Celebrity???? When did X get ok from NPS to start cruising Glacier Bay National Park? I will have to rethink our next Alaska cruise if this is really true!:confused: I agree there will have to be enough furniture on the balcony to make it worthwhile! My guess is that there will be.:)

Glacier Bay... on Celebrity???? When did X get ok from NPS to start cruising Glacier Bay National Park? I will have to rethink our next Alaska cruise if this is really true!:confused: I agree there will have to be enough furniture on the balcony to make it worthwhile! My guess is that there will be.:)

I'm sure she means the fjord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To my knowledge, the only (two) cruiselines who have permits to cruise 'Glacier Bay' are HAL & Princess! ;)

Sorry! Wishful thinking! Meant Tracy Arm Fjord. But I still want the loungers!

Archived