M-Class Aft Cabin lovers: Reclining chairs have been removed.

C 2 C

I am afraid that after a call to Celebrity that they verified to me that it is true. Loungers have been removed from C1's across the fleet. At this point, no one seems to know why.

I could not get info about the FV's......but if you have an FV booked, you may want to call and try to verify if you will have loungers or not.

:eek: what about a footrest....its better than nothing, if they are using the mesh chairs that can be laid back a bit. I'd settle for a footrest to rest weary legs on!

But maybe that's the problem, they are using lightweight furniture that can get lifted by a strong sea breeze / gale .:(

I REALLY want a lounger ... on my aft balcony ... on my special cruise, that I've paid a deposit on... 15 months in advance!!!!!! :mad:

Alright everyone, I just got off the phone with Celebrity. I talked to Mitch in the Resolution Dept. Mitch was very helpful and told me that ALL FV will have loungers on them BUT they will not have the covers on them. It seems the covers are flammable and they have all been removed. I also asked him that if I do not have a lounger on my balcony who do I call and he said just ask your cabin attendant and he will get us one.

Now Mitch also told me that 2 hours ago, all he** broke lose with calls wanting to know about the loungers on the M class ships. They found out that all the info was coming from cruise critic and starting reading the post. They called the ship to ask them what is going on and they were told about the fire hazard. All suites keep their loungers as they are made of wood.

I told Mitch that I would be posting what he said, and that I could not be held responsible for all the calls that he is going to get. Mitch did not have a problem with me giving out his name. He was very nice. But I must say that I first spoke to a CS and they were not helpful at all. I ask to speak to a supervisor and then got the Resolution Dept.

Hope this helps everyone.

Laura

Alright everyone, I just got off the phone with Celebrity. I talked to Mitch in the Resolution Dept. Mitch was very helpful and told me that ALL FV will have loungers on them BUT they will not have the covers on them.

<snip>

Laura

Nice for the FV cabins. Not nice for the Aft C1's. Can anyone beside me say HAL? For an aft with lounge chair I'll get used to the decor. Food's OK.

Alright everyone, I just got off the phone with Celebrity. ALL FV will have loungers on them BUT they will not have the covers on them. It seems the covers are flammable and they have all been removed. I also asked him that if I do not have a lounger on my balcony who do I call and he said just ask your cabin attendant and he will get us one.

Hope this helps everyone.

Laura

I wonder if that also applies to the CC afts????

Nice for the FV cabins. Not nice for the Aft C1's. Can anyone beside me say HAL? For an aft with lounge chair I'll get used to the decor. Food's OK.

Yes, but don't you think that if everyone bit*h about their C1 that they would changed it back to what it was but without the covers on the chairs??

Laura

I wonder if that also applies to the CC afts????

I don't think they will (unless maybe if everyone says something). On Celebrity website the CC cabins do not show or say they have loungers on them. But the FV do both in the pictures and in the wording.

Laura

Yes, but don't you think that if everyone bit*h about their C1 that they would changed it back to what it was but without the covers on the chairs??

Laura

I can cope without a cover Celebrity, a couple of pool towels should do the trick! :o

Can you hear me (us) Celebrity!!!???

Laura

I really think that people need to call and voice their concerns to Celebrity about this. I did so and it may make a difference in how this is handled.

I would like to add that the FV cabins usually cost a lot less than the C1 Afts, but they get to keep their loungers? Something is not right with this whole scenario.

So the covers are flammable, but they remove the loungers, too? I just don't understand the logic......!

How about all the covers on the loungers around the pool? Are they still there?

What's with the flammable nonsense? If Celebrity would just enforce its no smoking rules on balconies, this would not be an issue. Like the beach towels that people are going to use instead aren't flammable? GIVE ME A BREAK!

And for those who say that the C1s are not shown on Celebrity's website as having loungers, Celebrity's website is not exactly famous for having everything correct. There are many, many pictures of C1s and their balconies with loungers on them all over the internet and in people's cruise albums. I have several myself, having sailed in a few C1s in my day.

If I had one of these cabins booked at the moment, I would cancel. If I were past final payment, I would call and demand a refund. I would not be getting what I had paid for and what has always been there.

I say keep the phone lines to Celebrity humming. Keep the complaints flowing. Perhaps Celebrity will eventually realize the error of its ways. Bet the bean counters will be ticked off when those cabins cease to command the big prices Celebrity has been charging.

What's with the flammable nonsense? If Celebrity would just enforce its no smoking rules on balconies, this would not be an issue. Like the beach towels that people are going to use instead aren't flammable? GIVE ME A BREAK!

And for those who say that the C1s are not shown on Celebrity's website as having loungers, Celebrity's website is not exactly famous for having everything correct. There are many, many pictures of C1s and their balconies with loungers on them all over the internet and in people's cruise albums. I have several myself, having sailed in a few C1s in my day.

If I had one of these cabins booked at the moment, I would cancel. If I were past final payment, I would call and demand a refund. I would not be getting what I had paid for and what has always been there.

I say keep the phone lines to Celebrity humming. Keep the complaints flowing. Perhaps Celebrity will eventually realize the error of its ways. Bet the bean counters will be ticked off when those cabins cease to command the big prices Celebrity has been charging.

Linda, I totally agree with you. We (as in Cruise Critic) need to call and show our displeasure with this new rule.

Laura

On HAL our stateroom attendant would bring in the seat covers from the balcony and put them behind the curtains inside the cabin each night when he came in to do the turndown.

Then in the morning, when he made the beds and opened the curtains, he put the seat covers back out on the balcony chairs again.

Some of us would be very happy to tip a few extra dollars if our stateroom attendant would do that on X.

I have posted here,I have posted on Celebritys facebook page and I have emailed them to let them know how unhappy I am.

We must all do that!

Laura

I'm with you there on Facebook! (cute profile pic btw :))

Steve

there was a similar discussion on RCI.. a poster mentioned there were no reclining chairs on the Liberty aft when they sailed and when they requested them were told safety reasons.... we sailed on the Liberty in an aft a few weeks later and voila!.... there were the chaises.. and still plenty of room to walk about safely!

The issue may be that the material that the loungers which are designed for use elsewhere is not fire retardant. The deck loungers are usually stacked and covered at night which will be why they are acceptable and they are stored in an area where it is less likely that a rogue spark could ignite them.

there was a similar discussion on RCI.. a poster mentioned there were no reclining chairs on the Liberty aft when they sailed and when they requested them were told safety reasons.... we sailed on the Liberty in an aft a few weeks later and voila!.... there were the chaises.. and still plenty of room to walk about safely!

Star, we are hoping for the same outcome!!

Laura

I am very upset also. Our first aft ever. When I first started cruising never dreamed I would be able to have one of those aft cabins. Always looked and dreamed. So excited to recline on the large deck and let the world go by. Paid the extra money to finally get my dream. And now this. If no lounger will never pay extra again. Who wants to sit in a chair? That isn't relaxing

Come on Celebrity, you can figure something out. Don't fail me now.

Linda

Haven't they had those covers for years? I feel like I have seen them in some really old pictures. Makes me wonder if there was a smoking on the balcony incident. Maybe even a drunken smoking on the balcony incident, because how stupid would you have to be to set your lounger on fire? Maybe they should get rid of the bedding, too, and have us all sleep on non-flammable metal beds.

Surely there are some non-flammable covers out there. Come on Celebrity.

We spent close to $8k on our FV for a 7 day Alaska cruise for family of 5, so even though they are less than the C1s per person, it is still a significant chunk of change for the cabin. Really hoping there are 5 chairs with the table out there so that we can eat breakfast on the balcony. AND loungers.

Don't blame you for being irritated about this after spending all that money.

However, won't it be a little cold to be eating breakfast out on the balcony?

I have cruised in Alaska 3 times and always had a balcony. I get it because I love the large view the sliding glass doors provide and being able to go out there all bundled up and look at the view.

It is quite chilly out on the balcony when the ship is moving. I guess you could bundle all up and sit out there and eat. I just like to be warmer when eating breakfast. If the sun is out and the ship is docked, then it would be warmer out on the balcony.

When the ship is moving towards the glaciers (on your Hubbard glacier or Glacier bay viewing day) it is very cold with the wind blowing, so if you are outside watching be sure and bundle up. If you are fortunate and have a nice sunny day, you may go from being majorly bundled up down to short sleeves when the ship stops and the sun is out. That's what happened to us in June, 2005, when we visited Hubbard Glacier. My 25 year old daughter was all bundled up with several layers, hat, etc. and then the shop stopped with the sun out and it got very warm and my daughter took all the outer layers off down to her tank top until the ship started moving again.

If you haven't been on an Alaska sailing before, it is not like sailing in the Caribbean. It is much cooler and a total different experience.

Have a great cruise!

Archived