M-Class Aft Cabin lovers: Reclining chairs have been removed.

C 2 C

Well, I've cruised to Alaska twice, and we had breakfast on our balcony a lot. It's not always cold in Alaska. At Hubbard Glacier, yes it is, but otherwise it can be very nice.

We have also eaten breakfast out on our balcony while cruising Alaska. Its wonderful to watch the land slip by while enjoy breakfast.

Laura

Well, how bundled up did you have to be? Wasn't it quite chilly as the boat was moving?

We are sailing southbound on the Millenium on June 22. I will have to try it if it isn't raining and is nice out.

After I posted the previous post, I just realized that in line with this thread, I am in a C3 balcony cabin and will have the two chairs and tiny table. Guess it will make it harder putting breakfast out there. Perhaps, we can just have a hot drink and sit out there.

After I posted the previous post, I just realized that in line with this thread, I am in a C3 balcony cabin and will have the two chairs and tiny table. Guess it will make it harder putting breakfast out there. Perhaps, we can just have a hot drink and sit out there.

Those decks are plenty big for a breakfast :) You just shouldn't try doing a square dance out there once the food is delivered though :eek:

Steve

Given that we will be cruising during August, I will be thrilled to get out of the North Carolina heat and humidity and into some cold! Heck, yeah, I will be eating some breakfast out there. With a hot beverage. From what I hear, the afts are somewhat protected from the wind. As long as it's 40 or above, I will be out there's and if it is colder but there is some nice scenery, I will bundle up and be out there, too.

Linda, I commented under your post on Facebook, and Sarah, I "liked" your post.

I can't believe we haven't had any kind of "official response" on this topic here on Cruise Critic.

Has there been one on Facebook (I don't participate there at all)???????

Celebrity - do you have an official response on the question of recliners on C1 aft cabins?

Okay--I did my part and fired off an e-mail to Celebrity asking them to reconsider taking away such a wonderful amenity. Let's see how they answer.

Don't be holding your breath waiting for them to answer your e-mail. Those of us who have e-mailed the Captain's Club about our problems with the website are still waiting for an answer other than the e-mail we got saying they would get back to us within 48 hours. NOT!

I can't believe we haven't had any kind of "official response" on this topic here on Cruise Critic.

Has there been one on Facebook (I don't participate there at all)???????

Celebrity - do you have an official response on the question of recliners on C1 aft cabins?

I'm wondering what happened to that customer relations person who posted on the thread on which everyone was discussing their problems with the website. He's conspicuous by his absence here.

Let's hope their phones are still ringing off the hook.

Ditto on the email response time. There was a thread about that a couple of months ago. I think it took them something like three weeks to get back to me with a very simple inquiry about Captain's club. Most companies these days seem to discourage you from contacting phone reps and want you to do everything by email, but Celebrity seems much more responsive by phone.

Hope more people will call and post on the Facebook page.

Emily

When we have an FV, we use our balcony in all kinds of weather. Last May, on our 10 day cruise to Alaska, we had wonderful, sunny weather the entire time, with the exception of one day coming down the inside passage. Alaska isn't always cold and rainy - we were the first cruise of the 2011 season and it was great!

In February of 2010, we had an FV for our Antarctic cruise and spent loads of time on our balcony. In fact there were several couples with aft cabins and we went from balcony to balcony as we sailed Antarctic waters. It was beyond amazing.

I also hope Celebrity doesn't take the lounge chairs away from the aft balconies - that's just the one of the best places to have them as you sit and watch the wake, and the world go by! If safety is a concern with the covers, then "someone" is not enforcing the non-smoking locations!!!!!!!

Mary

Alright everyone, I just got off the phone with Celebrity. I talked to Mitch in the Resolution Dept. Mitch was very helpful and told me that ALL FV will have loungers on them BUT they will not have the covers on them. It seems the covers are flammable and they have all been removed. I also asked him that if I do not have a lounger on my balcony who do I call and he said just ask your cabin attendant and he will get us one.

Now Mitch also told me that 2 hours ago, all he** broke lose with calls wanting to know about the loungers on the M class ships. They found out that all the info was coming from cruise critic and starting reading the post. They called the ship to ask them what is going on and they were told about the fire hazard. All suites keep their loungers as they are made of wood.

I told Mitch that I would be posting what he said, and that I could not be held responsible for all the calls that he is going to get. Mitch did not have a problem with me giving out his name. He was very nice. But I must say that I first spoke to a CS and they were not helpful at all. I ask to speak to a supervisor and then got the Resolution Dept.

Hope this helps everyone.

Laura

Snausman, thanks for making the call. We are booked on a FV aft on the Summit 4/28/12 repositioning cruise. We were debating about Aqua Class due to Blu, and when a FV become available, we snagged it for the unique experience of relaxing on the large balcony with the aft view. Better have the recliners!

We're booked on the Infinity in April in an FV cabin. I called Celebrity this morning. They told me that there will be loungers on the deck of FV cabins but not on Concierge cabins. She said they were removed for safety reasons as the Concierge cabin decks don't have sprinklers. She said that the marketing materials for the concierge cabins don't show lounge chairs which is similar to the argument I made in a post yesterday that I expected FV cabins to have them as they were shown in the marketing materials.

She didn't know what I was talking about at first but went to speak with a supervisor who was aware of the discussion on Cruise Critic. She was very helpful but I know this isn't the answer everyone wants to see on this issue.

We're booked on the Infinity in April in an FV cabin. I called Celebrity this morning. They told me that there will be loungers on the deck of FV cabins but not on Concierge cabins. She said they were removed for safety reasons as the Concierge cabin decks don't have sprinklers. She said that the marketing materials for the concierge cabins don't show lounge chairs which is similar to the argument I made in a post yesterday that I expected FV cabins to have them as they were shown in the marketing materials.

She didn't know what I was talking about at first but went to speak with a supervisor who was aware of the discussion on Cruise Critic. She was very helpful but I know this isn't the answer everyone wants to see on this issue.

OK-everyone in the FV start collecting extra loungers and pass them over to the C1 afts!

Snausman, thanks for making the call. We are booked on a FV aft on the Summit 4/28/12 repositioning cruise. We were debating about Aqua Class due to Blu, and when a FV become available, we snagged it for the unique experience of relaxing on the large balcony with the aft view. Better have the recliners!

You are welcome. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and enjoy the wake on your loungers.

Laura

This is just about the same thing that they told me. So glad you called also.

Laura

OK-everyone in the FV start collecting extra loungers and pass them over to the C1 afts!

We can do that.:rolleyes::D:eek: My DH and I were talking about a midnight raid to the pool area to bring back loungers to our FV. And we would have really done that too.

Laura

.....I called Celebrity this morning. They told me that there will be loungers on the deck of FV cabins but not on Concierge cabins. She said they were removed for safety reasons as the Concierge cabin decks don't have sprinklers.........She didn't know what I was talking about at first but went to speak with a supervisor who was aware of the discussion on Cruise Critic. She was very helpful but I know this isn't the answer everyone wants to see on this issue.

This is just about the same thing that they told me. So glad you called also....Laura

Was anything said about what furniture they would be replacing the loungers with on the Concierge aft balconies?:confused:

We're booked on the Infinity in April in an FV cabin. I called Celebrity this morning. They told me that there will be loungers on the deck of FV cabins but not on Concierge cabins. She said they were removed for safety reasons as the Concierge cabin decks don't have sprinklers........
So after about a dozen years of having them on M-class ships, all of a sudden someone decides that loungers are a fire hazard on all balconies except for suites and FVs.

But the chairs on all the other balconies are not a fire hazard, only the loungers. :confused:

Interesting.

Archived