Quest November 7th??

TerryAndDoug

My friend in the trade tells me that he has a guest on this sailing and he has just received an email from Azamara UK with the details for the booking he holds. It has been cancelled and there are 3 options for anyone booked! Sorry if this is bad news for anyone. :(

My friend in the trade tells me that he has a guest on this sailing and he has just received an email from Azamara UK with the details for the booking he holds. It has been cancelled and there are 3 options for anyone booked! Sorry if this is bad news for anyone. :(

On the roll call for this sailing, others have reported receiving cancellation notifications from their TAs as well.

With so many varying and conflicting reports of this sailing being cancelled, the itinerary being changed, etc, from TAs and directly from Azmaras staff, who knows anymore what is true!

I'm currently awaiting a confirmation from my own TA, but in the mean time, I'd love to hear from Bill as to how/why a cruise that he assured us in this thread just a few days ago, was NOT being cancelled, is suddenly cancelled. So, what's the story, cancelled or "NOT"?

Thanks for any clarity you can provide,

Tammy

On the roll call for this sailing, others have reported receiving cancellation notifications from their TAs as well.

With so many varying and conflicting reports of this sailing being cancelled, the itinerary being changed, etc, from TAs and directly from Azmaras staff, who knows anymore what is true!

I'm currently awaiting a confirmation from my own TA, but in the mean time, I'd love to hear from Bill as to how/why a cruise that he assured us in this thread just a few days ago, was NOT being cancelled, is suddenly cancelled. So, what's the story, cancelled or "NOT"?

Thanks for any clarity you can provide,

Tammy

Tammy,

What I posted is the truth! It's cancelled! I already made my changes. Neither Bill or anyone else working in reservations can say what the redeployment desk is going to do. They have the final word in these things. Having a fire did not help an already bad situation.

I don't hold Bill to blame for anything, he gave us news as it came to him, at that time the cruise was not cancelled. Call your travel agent and have them call Azamara.

Nov 7 Cancelled due to extend dry docking.

Client can rebook on any 2012 Azamara sailing with like accommodations at protected rate. The following blackout dates apply"

Journey - May24, Nov 29 Dec 23

Quest - Jul 22, Dec 27

If you choose the black out dates you will not be protected and will pay prevailing rates.

If you choose to rebook they will receive a $500 on board credit per cabin (yes, you keep the credit from the first change also)

Airline Fees due to itinerary changes: Client will be reimbursed up to $500 per person for fees incurred due to cancelled hotels and airline reservations.

If the client chooses to cancel they will be issued a refund for the amount of money paid on the reservation.

The final date to accept this offer is May 1, 2012.

Hello Tammy and others -

Much to my surprise and I'm sure to yours, I've learned that the Azamara Quest's Nov 7, 2012 voyage has indeed been cancelled because of the decision to extend the dry-dock which required reducing the number of days included in the original Nov 7 voyages.

I will need more time to determine the rationale for doing an "about-face" and will get back to you and include the compensation program.

Please stand-by.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Tammy and others -

Much to my surprise and I'm sure to yours, I've learned that the Azamara Quest's Nov 7, 2012 voyage has indeed been cancelled because of the decision to extend the dry-dock which required reducing the number of days included in the original Nov 7 voyages.

I will need more time to determine the rationale for doing an "about-face" and will get back to you and include the compensation program.

Please stand-by.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Bill,

I have had my TA on the phone or on hold with AZ for over a half hour now. I called after learning about the cancellation from others on the roll call. My TA was told that the cruise is not cancelled, and they will not know anything until the end of the week. I am still on hold trying to get in touch with someone at AZ with accurate information. I understand that this is a very busy week, but the misinformation being given is totally unacceptable, as well as the amount of time I am having to wait to get someone who can help!

Doug

Bill,

Mary has been able to provide us excellent information. Unfortunately, for us....we would love to book another Azamara Cruise to replace this one, but we already have two others booked (with Azamara in May and July). The compensation program does not give us the ability to book a cruise later than our original cruise, but only earlier. The earlier itineraries do not work for us and they are on cruises we have already taken or destinations we have already been to. If we cancel and do not rebook a cruise, we will not be "whole" due to having already purchased the air. (our amount spent is more than 500.00) The only way we come out even is to book another cruise.

We would love the opportunity to change to an Asia Cruise in March that is currently on sale. I know you are very busy with the Quest/Asia situation and the April 12 decision......but, can you persuade the powers that be to let us book a cruise later than the November Cruise vs. earlier?

Thank you again....you are doing a great job!

Lauri

Bill,

I have had my TA on the phone or on hold with AZ for over a half hour now. I called after learning about the cancellation from others on the roll call. My TA was told that the cruise is not cancelled, and they will not know anything until the end of the week. I am still on hold trying to get in touch with someone at AZ with accurate information. I understand that this is a very busy week, but the misinformation being given is totally unacceptable, as well as the amount of time I am having to wait to get someone who can help!

Doug

Agreed. The agent at ChoiceAir with whom I just spoke regarding canceling my original flights said they had no information that this cruise had been canceled.

The apparent wonderful handling of the fire on Quest aside, I am not impressed with AZ and its communications, both internally and externally.

What does this mean exactly?

Thanks,

Susan

It means whatever rate and category you have now will remain the same regardless of what the price is on any cruise you may choose, with the exceptions of the blackout dates. Of course if the cruise fare is lower than what you are paying now the rate will go down.

I've been on the phone since 9 am with AZ and have been bounced around numerous times! This is maddening! The misinformation is causing all kinds of problems with my re-booking. Please let there be some resoultion soon, I can't take listening to Edie and Larry anymore!

Someone needs to get control here!

When our Azamara cruise had to be rejigged it meant that we could have moved to an equivalent length of cruise in the same category of cabin at the rate agreed for our first cruise - so if you were in a V3 verandah stateroom you would move to a V3 on the cruise you chose at no extra cost even if the cruise you move to was selling for a much higher price.

I do not think you get a refund if it is selling at a lower price!!

As I understood they could do adjustments if the cruise you wanted was longer - you would just pay the extra days costs which is fair, if you had an 11 night booked they are not going to give you a 14 night for the same money

When our Azamara cruise had to be rejigged it meant that we could have moved to an equivalent length of cruise in the same category of cabin at the rate agreed for our first cruise - so if you were in a V3 verandah stateroom you would move to a V3 on the cruise you chose at no extra cost even if the cruise you move to was selling for a much higher price.

I do not think you get a refund if it is selling at a lower price!! YES YOU DO, IT WOULD BE ADJUSTED DOWNWARD. THEY CAN'T CHARGE YOU MORE FOR SOMETHING THEY CHANGED. ON THE FIRST CHANGE FROM TRANS ATL TO CANARY MY CRUISE WENT DOWN $800.

As I understood they could do adjustments if the cruise you wanted was longer - you would just pay the extra days costs which is fair, if you had an 11 night booked they are not going to give you a 14 night for the same money I BELIEVE THEY WILL! That is what protected price means!

Call your travel agents and let them do the work for you, they are being compensated for the extra work.

Call your travel agents and let them do the work for you, they are being compensated for the extra work.

Just to be clear travel agents in the UK are not compensated for extra work and operate very differently to those in the USA. It may be a few days before those in the UK hear - and they will be prioritising helping those who may have more immediate issues re upcoming Quest cruises

Hello Tammy and others -

Please stand-by.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Dear November 7th Azamara Followers:

As a follow-up to my earlier message, I'm now able to share with you the rationale driving the decision to inform all guests booked on the 11-night, November 7, 2012 Azamara Quest voyage that it was cancelled in full rather than shortened as I had emphatically told you last week.

At this time, we are still in the process of finalizing the details about the length of the dry-dock which makes it next to impossible to define a new deployment let alone announce the introduction of a shorter voyage, which it seems might come in at being only 4- or 5-nights.

Therefore, rather than prolong this very long wait for a definitive response about the itinerary, we felt the best decision was to cancel the entire voyage. Further, we did not anticipate that many of you or other the guests who booked an 11-night European voyage would be willing to accept a 4- or 5- night mini-voyage in exchange, especially the US guests considering the time and cost for transatlantic airfare. In the end, we concluded you might be more inclined to change to a different voyage.

Just so you know and aren't surprised or confused, a new and much shorter voyage on the Azamara Quest will be introduced into the market departing Nov 7th from Seville AFTER the dry-dock-time has been established and a new itinerary created.

I'm posting this explanation now and want to you know that I will be sending a separate message summarizing the displacement offers which addresses some of your questions.

I appreciate your patience during this challenging time for our shoreside operation handling this tsunami of redeployment changes and for the confusion it's created. We're listening to your feedback which will contribute to a reassessment of our internal communications which will be undertaken.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Indeed they do, especially to keep a booking rather than have it cancelled because then the agent probably gets zip for all the work they previously did.

I would agree, from what I read, if the cruise is less you get a refund.

If the cruise is more but not a blackout date, you pay what you are paying now!

Someone mentioned they could not go after the original date??? My trade friend says you can book a cruise departing up until 30th April 2013, with the exclusion of about half a dozen dates.

I do not think you get a refund if it is selling at a lower price!!

As I understood they could do adjustments if the cruise you wanted was longer - you would just pay the extra days costs which is fair, if you had an 11 night booked they are not going to give you a 14 night for the same money

Hi Ann. The offer we have received is protected or lowest available fare, whichever better, but in reality the 7th November cruise was at such a great rate that I doubt whether the lowest available fare will come into it. Most of the Quest or Journey cruises for the rest of the year that aren't one of the black out dates (there are a few, but not many) or are already sold out vary around the 9, 10, 11 days with a few shorter ones and a couple of longer ones which in the main are the cheaper repo cruises. As far as the information I have received we are free to book any of these having due regard for the above provisos. In addition we are being given a $500 cabin credit and up to £310 or $500 to cover any change fees that we may incur. Personally I find this an extremely generous offer, being able to book a Med cruise for a great price. I feel Azamara have really come through for us on this.

I do have to make mention of something. Bill Leiber puts in an awful lot of time in on this board and does his utmost to help our community. He has been as forthcoming with information as he can be on this 7th November cruise and I feel has been somewhat poorly treated on this thread. I am sure Bill has got very broad shoulders and will be very polite and measured in his responses as he always is. I think we just need to give him a break here and move on.

Phil

Just to be clear travel agents in the UK are not compensated for extra work and operate very differently to those in the USA. It may be a few days before those in the UK hear - and they will be prioritising helping those who may have more immediate issues re upcoming Quest cruises

As stated previously, UK guests got an email earlier today.

I guess the compensation is saving the booking, for which they will get their compensation, which I believe they would lose if someone decides to cancel!

As stated previously, UK guests got an email earlier today.

I guess the compensation is saving the booking, for which they will get their compensation, which I believe they would lose if someone decides to cancel!

U S Travel agents are receiving a booking bonus commission. Which they will earn every single penny of with time spent on the phone. You have no idea unless you are an agent what time will be spent on this.

I don't know what the international travel agents get, I only can speak for the U S Agents.

Dear November 7th Azamara Followers:

As a follow-up to my earlier message, I'm now able to share with you the rationale driving the decision to inform all guests booked on the 11-night, November 7, 2012 Azamara Quest voyage that it was cancelled in full rather than shortened as I had emphatically told you last week.

At this time, we are still in the process of finalizing the details about the length of the dry-dock which makes it next to impossible to define a new deployment let alone announce the introduction of a shorter voyage, which it seems might come in at being only 4- or 5-nights.

Therefore, rather than prolong this very long wait for a definitive response about the itinerary, we felt the best decision was to cancel the entire voyage. Further, we did not anticipate that many of you or other the guests who booked an 11-night European voyage would be willing to accept a 4- or 5- night mini-voyage in exchange, especially the US guests considering the time and cost for transatlantic airfare. In the end, we concluded you might be more inclined to change to a different voyage.

Just so you know and aren't surprised or confused, a new and much shorter voyage on the Azamara Quest will be introduced into the market departing Nov 7th from Seville AFTER the dry-dock-time has been established and a new itinerary created.

I'm posting this explanation now and want to you know that I will be sending a separate message summarizing the displacement offers which addresses some of your questions.

I appreciate your patience during this challenging time for our shoreside operation handling this tsunami of redeployment changes and for the confusion it's created. We're listening to your feedback which will contribute to a reassessment of our internal communications which will be undertaken.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank You Bill, I appreciate your digging into this for us.

If you could would you post what AZ is doing by way of compensation for the clients as you did on the last change? The rumors are out of control!

Thanks for your hard work!

I did not get an email from my T/A today and when I rang him this evening he told me that the compensation and re-booking details would be sent out in the next few days!

I told him I want to re-book a cruise tomorrow and as I was a "woman on the edge" he had better be able to arrange it for my friends and myself! :D

So hopefully by tomorrow evening, I should be going on an Azamara cruise again! :)

It would be so great if some of you were on our cruise.....you are all the nicest bunch of people.

It doesn't look at all hopeful for my Spice Route cruise next week though......but still no definite info. I may actually have to fly to Singapore not knowing whether Quest will even be there and whether we will be able to cruise on her at all! :confused::mad::(

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to say thanks for your efforts on this. I'm sure it hasn't been easy, in light of the events of the past few days.

I was able to get in touch with my TA this morning and he was able to quickly change us to the Sept. 15th Quest cruise. All our OBC is still there with an additional 500$ per cabin. We even have the same booking #. We are happy with the new itinerary and are glad that Azamara gave it to us for the same price as our 11/7 cruise.

I am glad you were able to change your itinerary so fast. It seems as if the agents that work directly with the travel agents have a little more information than the general res agents. My booking was made directly with Azamara and when I called today I was told after a long hold that the cruise was not cancelled. At least this time I was not told it was taken out of inventory to upgrade passengers.

So - I will wait for Bill to get back to us regarding what our displacement offer is before I try to call the reservations department again.

Archived