Nicknames for Other Cruisers ?

Zeno

I got this idea from another forum. Do you sometimes come up with nicknames for your fellow cruisers as you observe them around the ship? And I don't mean cruel ones - just funny or accurate descreptions of people or their habits. For example my dh and I recently got back from a land vacation to St. Martin. We constantly referred to one of our fellow hotel guests as "Uma" (as in Uma Thurman) because she was drop dead gorgeous - tall, blonde, beautifully proportioned (believe me on a scale of 1-10 - she was an 11).

We were on the Spirit in February, and there was a woman who was the spitting image of Stevie Nicks (ala Fleetwood Mac) on board...the 80's hairstyle and all. Of course, we referred to her as "Stevie" for the rest of the cruise!

Definitely. On one cruise, there were several people who resembled famous people - one looked just like Gerald Ford and one woman could have been Tammy Fay Bakker's twin. We referred to them as Gerry and Tammy Fay (what else?). It's always funny how often you run into or see certain people, whereas others you don't see at all until you're disembarking.

I don't believe everything I read. PICTURES-I require proof ;)

-Monte

Monte: I honestly wished I could have sneeked a picture - she was that stunning - picture a young Uma Thurman BUT with a prettier face and slightly better "endowed" - oh and wearing a white (bottom only) thong. Now have a cold shower.

Monte: I honestly wished I could have sneeked a picture - she was that stunning - picture a young Uma Thurman BUT with a prettier face and slightly better "endowed" - oh and wearing a white (bottom only) thong. Now have a cold shower.
Easy Zeno. It's a family board. ;)

Easy Zeno. It's a family board. ;)

So does that mean I can't mention the beach boy I called "Denzel the younger" - oh be still my heart !

On a definitely NON heart palpating note:

Also just remembered: On one cruise we were seated with 'the walrus' - which is exactly what he looked like.

We just had "the twins" on our cruise. They were 2 doors down from us so we ran into them constantly. Two ladies all done up in full hair and make-up a la Dolly Parton. One blonde, one redhead. Always in matching outfits. We couldn't pin an age on them--finally another cruiser asked if they were sisters and they replied in perfect unison "No, we're mother and daughter." I figure they were 60 & 80 but mom was well preserved. There was a man of about 50 with them- we couldn't figure out his relationship. Husband, dad, boyfriend, brother????

Everyone we spoke to knew "The Twins" and "Their Dude"

We saw them as they were disembarking and they had lovely matching luggage! (a disclaimer- they were very nice people and always said hello...:) )

Even tho I have not sailed an NCL cruise, yet (seriously considering it for next summer). There is a guy at my gym I call "The Arms". He is tall and has HUGE arms, like tree trunks. The only problem is he has not worked on the rest of his body (Ok shoulders and upper back) so he has these little bitty stick legs. I see him 4 out of 5 visits and I have never once seen him on anything other than upper bocy machines or free weights with upper body exericises. It's unreal because, if his arms are any indicator, he could be the next Mr. World. He is also always arguing with everyone about weight gain products.

Was that in the sports bar on the Sun? Oh crap-that was me-thanks a lot!

-Monte

Now Monte I thought of you as more the "Tom Selleck" type (well sort of, maybe in the dim light) . The "walrus" was a few years back.

Thanks for a GOOD laugh. Really bad day and I needed something to make me smile.

Don't laugh just because someone said I look a little like Tom S.

Actually, I do, but only in the dark.

-Monte

Yes we do, now that I think about it. One cruise there was this lady who had to be the center of anything and the first day at sea she was the girl they did the spa treatment on as a demo so all during the cruise we would say, to each other of course "there's Spa lady again"

Another cruise my Mother couldn't remember this couples names and he was a principal and his wife was a teacher so she would call him " The principal"

On RCCL cruise we got a talking to this nice couple in line with us for about an hour as we were waiting to board. We ran into them a lot on this huge ship and all 4 of us called each other "boarding buddies".

ON NCL I made friends with an older women as we did our daily walk on deck and we called each other "walking Buddies"

And there's a few more.

On our first Majesty cruise, there was a couple that we all called "Tex" and "Bo Derek" -- the first time we saw them was sail-away on the pool deck. Tex always had his cowboy hat on -- even in the pool -- it was very difficult to tell how old they were from our vantage point on the sun deck. They were ALWAYS dancing together and stealing the limelight every chance they got. They were both very well preserved; as the week went on they went from "in their 30s" to about 60 years old! Unbelievable how different they looked close up! Yes, I have pictures! ;)

On a recent short Princess cruise, we were seated at an early hour (5-ish?) in the one of the Anytime dining rooms. We were the first ones there and were seated in a corner table. Soon after, a large group came in still toting their pool drinks from sailaway (probably not their first round, mind you;) ). They filled the 3 tables around us and continued their sailaway party, gradually becoming louder and louder.

Two of the loudest people had repeating themes. We dubbed them "F-word man" and "The Cackler".

Just got off the Dream on Sunday. I was with my best friend, so we did alot of people watching as girls often do. Here's our list:

-The Renee Zellwieger chick

-Those pretty girls (14 and 16 traveling with mom and dad - we told their dad he'd better watch them carefully for the next several years!)

-Number 4 and his traveling companion (gambler with a BIG gold 4 on his necklace and the guy with him - never did figure that out?)

-The Honeymooners (from the Newlywed game onboard)

-The aunt (traveling with her sister and niece - terrified of the horses on horseback excursion, but did quite well and was a good sport)

-The pink and black chick (wore a cute pink and black bikini top on horseback excursion)

-Those monster children (self explanatory, but just to clarify - holding 1 year old cousin by her heels in the hall and running around while parents ate dinner inside the adjacent restaurant - we blamed the parents, not the kids)

-Moms on vacation (us!)

Archived