Western liberty review march 24, 2012 with a great friendship formed

I actually did my fingers and toes like this last cruise, not sure if I am going to do it for my August one yet, still have plenty of time to think about it.

I love doing my toes, but the red is so hard to get off after!! Never thought about doing my fingers...hhhmmmm....:rolleyes:

After the last 3 very stressful months, our cruise was finally here and we just couldn’t wait to get on the road. Normally, we will leave around 7am when leaving out of Miami, however, we were up and started getting ready by 5:30am and were on the road by 6:30am. We stopped at McDonald’s for a quick bite to eat and then stopped to fill up gas in Naples right before getting on Alligator Alley.

Where you from? We live in Venice, FL! More than likely we will be stopping in Naples for a bite to eat before we hit the Alley next month!!!

Fantastic review! Loved your other one as well and think its so sweet of u to remember the lady's daughter in Cozumel :) how incredibly sweet! Love all your pics, esp Roatan. You both looked fantastic all dressed up - glad u had a wonderful cruise an thanks so much for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. We love surprising people like that and we are both very good at hearing something and remembering it. It was alot of fun for us all.

Thanks for the great review. We'll be on the Liberty in July. Can I ask why you didn't get off in Belize? It will be our first time there and just wondered what things you've done in the past and what you thought of them. Thanks again.

We have been to Belize a number of times and unless you are doing a shore excursion, there isn't much to see in port. Some shops, but it is pretty dumpy. If it is your first time and you do not do a shore excursion, I would say to take the tender in just to see whats there.

A few years ago we did the cave tubing with Major Tom and thought it was great. The only downfall to that was it took an hour to get there and an hour back. The bus was air conditioned but still that was two hours of sitting on a bus.

My advise would be to check out all the excursions that are offered and check CC for any reviews or pictures.

Hope this helps.

How much soda were you allowed to take on?

We usually take 3 - 8 packs of soda and about 18 waters. The water, we scatter throughout our luggage. We put the soda in a regular suitcase. We used to put it in a soft sided cooler, but they don't allow you to check that on any longer. We have had no problems at all.

We usually take 3 - 8 packs of soda and about 18 waters. The water, we scatter throughout our luggage. We put the soda in a regular suitcase. We used to put it in a soft sided cooler, but they don't allow you to check that on any longer. We have had no problems at all.

So you are able to check at bag that has soda or water in it? Good to know!

Now, when Hubby made the reservations for the Steakhouse, he was told emphatically that no jeans were allowed. Hubby told her not to worry that we didn’t even have a pair of jeans with us.

When we arrived, we were brought to our table – a table for 4! Ok, ok, but it was next to the window, I thought. I love opening the blinds and watching the sunset as we have our dinner. So I asked for the blinds to be open. The server opened the blinds and there right outside the window was a….staircase! No, no, no, you can shut the blinds. Not a great location for the steakhouse.

DSC02996.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02998.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

They put you at a table for 4 but didn't seat anyone else with you, right? DH and I booked the steakhouse for our first night and we are celebrating our 20th anniversary. No offense to anyone but we want to be seated by ourselves. They don't put you with others do they?

We live in North Port. Very close :D

Sarasota here. Thanks for another great review once again. Always enjoy reading about your Carnival travels.

This review held special interest, as we are traveling on the Liberty May 12th. Planned this immediately following a ship's tour last year.

Congrats on trying to quit smoking. Did that over 20 years ago, and could not be happier. Just don't give in.

Day 6 – Grand Cayman

Oddly enough, we did not hear the housekeeping cart this morning (We think because they moved it). We had booked the Turtles, Turtles and more Turtles and didn’t need to be in the Lounge until 10:30am.

Here's where we saw the cart this morning

DSC03276.jpg

Housekeeping right across the hall from our room

DSC03277.jpg

They put you at a table for 4 but didn't seat anyone else with you, right? DH and I booked the steakhouse for our first night and we are celebrating our 20th anniversary. No offense to anyone but we want to be seated by ourselves. They don't put you with others do they?

No, they didn't put anyone else with us. We just would have preferred a more intimate table for two. Next time we will be more specific. You should be fine, but I'd still make sure they know what you want. Have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary!! You should renew your vows on the ship. You can set it up while you are on the ship. It is in the FunTimes. I have them at home if you want me to scan it.

No, they didn't put anyone else with us. We just would have preferred a more intimate table for two. Next time we will be more specific. You should be fine, but I'd still make sure they know what you want. Have a great cruise and Happy Anniversary!! You should renew your vows on the ship. You can set it up while you are on the ship. It is in the FunTimes. I have them at home if you want me to scan it.

Thanks for the info. I would love to see the Fun Times, if it's not to much trouble. I love your review. Thanks for posting it. :)

We got up around 8:15, got dressed and went to the Lido for breakfast. We both had scrambled eggs and when we finished went back to the room to get all of our things together.

When we got to the lounge, we got our tender stickers, sat down and waited for our excursion to be called. The process was very organized and actually didn’t take long at all before we were called and we were on the tender on our way to the pier.

DSC03169.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

DSC03175.jpg

While on the tender, a man lit up a cigarette and everyone around him, including us, immediately told him he could not smoke. Hubby pointed at the "No Smoking" sign and the guy put it out and THREW IT IN THE WATER!!!!! Everyone was mortified!! :eek:

DSC03176.jpg

The group was to meet under the sign that said Turtles, Turtles and more Turtles. It wasn’t a huge group, maybe 25 people, which was nice. We were all given wrist bands according to whether we had prepaid for lunch or not. We did not add the lunch because I had read that it really wasn’t worth it and quite frankly, after seeing what they were serving, I believe we made the right choice.

DSC03178.jpg

Where they served lunch if you prepaid

DSC03212.jpg

Once inside, we were given a short tour and were able to hold some of the 1 yr old turtles. After, the group was released to go on their own, so we went to the snorkeling area and got some gear and did a little of snorkeling. The area was not huge and most of the fish stayed by the bridge where they are used to being fed. They said that there were 12 turtles in there but we only saw one. But one is better than none.

DSC03185.jpg

DSC03186.jpg

DSC03188.jpg

DSC03191.jpg

DSC03196.jpg

Our shuttle left around 2:45pm and dropped us off at the port with plenty of time to do some shopping. I saw a guy selling coconut milk and really wanted to try it. Glad it was only $3 because it really wasn’t that good. Maybe if the milk was ice cold as the sign said, it wouldn’t be bad, but it was pretty warm and pretty gross. Took a few pictures, went into a few stores and then headed back to catch the tender to the ship.

DSC03243.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

Archived