* Allure of the Seas * Pictures <3

I have done the western previosuly with Carnival, so I havent had the chance to visit St Marteen... and this one im really looking forward to for the exact same reason.... Maho Beach!!! How cool is that???!!!!! I have seen so many youtube videos haha I want to see for myself! =) We definitly have to go!

I'm going Sept. 30th, come on and join me and some friends on this sailing! :) I'll even take a picture of you as one of the jumbo jets comes into land.

Zip Line..

img6249l.jpg

I should have done this...ahhhh!!! :mad:!!!!

dsc0689t.jpg

dsc0720ky.jpg

dsc0721e.jpg

They sell really cool paintings.. really beautiful..

dsc0731s.jpg

Yes you should have done this! What a blast and you get the best view of Labadee from up on the tower. That's really the spot to get that "postcard" type picture of the ship at the pier.

I'm going Sept. 30th, come on and join me and some friends on this sailing! :) I'll even take a picture of you as one of the jumbo jets comes into land.

hahahaha aww I wish !!!! I'll look forward to your review !!! =) Be careful with those planes though :eek: keep your head down :D hehe

Yes you should have done this! What a blast and you get the best view of Labadee from up on the tower. That's really the spot to get that "postcard" type picture of the ship at the pier.

I know... :( you are absolutly right...but next time, for sure ;)

Beautiful. Oh, and the pictures of the ship are nice also. LOL

THANK YOU !!! :D

Awesome shots of Labadee!! Now I can't wait to get there :D

Its Beautiful yes.. and so relaxing... but please, try the ZIP line!!! I didnt :( Totally regret it... and the roller coster is pretty fun also :D..

Which beach at Labadee was this? doesn't look like Barefoot

Yes, Its Barefoot Beach :)

dsc0630us.jpg

Jamaica...

We decided to book an excursion with the ship for this one. It was the "Montego Bay and Ocho Rios Combination". Overall I was happy with our choice. We boarded an air conditioned Bus, really nice...which took us to the first part of our day to Dunns River Falls, Ocho Rios. This experience was actually the highlight of the day. Afterwards, we traveled along the other side of Jamaica to Montego Bay, to spend approximately an hour and a half at the beach. They had a nice little restaurant/bar there with famous JERK CHICKEN... so delicious.. and the ambience was really great. My only complaint would be... and be advised... that you do spend a lot of time on the bus because it is a long ride from one side of the island to the other.

fALMOUTH from The Balcony..

dsc0891p.jpg

dsc0883k.jpg

Notice how BIG the ship looks :eek:

dsc0912tc.jpg

dsc0922cl.jpg

Once you get off the ship everything is very organized, You walk a few steps to the excursions area where each excursion is clearly displayed with a sign , and you wait there for others to arrive. No worries. Didn't have a problem with this. Nothing hectic.

scaled.php?server=85&filename=dsc0956u.jpg&res=landing

This is where you wait..

dsc0939i.jpg

took a picture of our excursion sign, for the memories :)

dsc0950s.jpg

img6620b.jpg

The adventure begins... first thought..... " DAMN THIS WATER IS COLD !!!! "

img6651r.jpg

The guides are there with you along the way... they are very experienced, they know these falls like the palm of their hands, so they know where you can step best, how to climb, etc...

img6654bc.jpg

... I still fell, many times... :eek::D haha.

Check out my HIGHLIGHTER shoes? oh yes... you have to rent them... I believe I PAID $6.

img6702rs.jpg

Thanks for taking the time in sharing all these beautiful pictures...they are so vibrant!

How did you like Barefoot Beach in Labadee? I remember reading that this was the beach that is very rocky.

Not rocky at all..depends on where you are... maybe what side you are in?? I loved it... !!! Water was perfect and I didnt feel many rocks in the sand while in the ocean. maybe im crazy? :eek:

okay..i found some more pics.. I think its rocky in one side..but not along the whole Beach...

dsc0666l.jpg

dsc0707zu.jpg

Just wondering what you think, having been on the Allure...

I'm a solo traveler, and I put a room on hold early this morning - an ocean view guarantee for $1686. I looked tonight and it had turned into a superior ocean view balcony for the same price! I called RCI, as I couldn't believe it. I had, later in the day today, put a different room on hold (a stateroom balcony guarantee) for over $1900. So seeing an actual OCEAN VIEW balcony for the $1686 seemed too good to be true. The young woman at RCI confirmed it and even double-checked with another rep. to make sure. The room was right above Boleros (I found out by looking on-line while she was doing the double-checking), and I told her I wasn't sure that would be good for me, as I'm a light sleeper. At that point, she offered me a superior ocean view balcony stateroom on the 10 floor! And I just looked on-line (I book my own cruises) and sure enough - there it is! I'm still undecided, but, wow! Maybe it's because spring break is over by May 6, the cruise date? Is this something you wouldn't pass up? My husband says "go" - he'll drive me the three hours from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale (he's awfully nice!) In your opinion, am I silly to still be wondering whether or not to go? It seems that you did have a good time...

Thanks for any help/advice!

Not rocky at all..depends on where you are... maybe what side you are in?? I loved it... !!! Water was perfect and I didnt feel many rocks in the sand while in the ocean. maybe im crazy? :eek:

okay..i found some more pics.. I think its rocky in one side..but not along the whole Beach...

dsc0666l.jpg

dsc0707zu.jpg

I have plans to go to Columbus Cove but your pictures have me re-thinking...maybe I'll do both. I LOVE Labadee! ;)

Thanks for the quick reply!:)

Just wondering what you think, having been on the Allure...

I'm a solo traveler, and I put a room on hold early this morning - an ocean view guarantee for $1686. I looked tonight and it had turned into a superior ocean view balcony for the same price! I called RCI, as I couldn't believe it. I had, later in the day today, put a different room on hold (a stateroom balcony guarantee) for over $1900. So seeing an actual OCEAN VIEW balcony for the $1686 seemed too good to be true. The young woman at RCI confirmed it and even double-checked with another rep. to make sure. The room was right above Boleros (I found out by looking on-line while she was doing the double-checking), and I told her I wasn't sure that would be good for me, as I'm a light sleeper. At that point, she offered me a superior ocean view balcony stateroom on the 10 floor! And I just looked on-line (I book my own cruises) and sure enough - there it is! I'm still undecided, but, wow! Maybe it's because spring break is over by May 6, the cruise date? Is this something you wouldn't pass up? My husband says "go" - he'll drive me the three hours from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale (he's awfully nice!) In your opinion, am I silly to still be wondering whether or not to go? It seems that you did have a good time...

Thanks for any help/advice!

Here is my opinion... Your cruise date is very close from todays day..Usually people book their cruises way ahead.. my guess is that they are giving you a last minute discount.. and for a superior ocean view balcony... honey, I would not pass !!! This seems like a great deal to me!! I don't think it has much to do with spring break as much as the sail away date being so close... but then again I could be all wrong. I am not an expert with prices, etc... but i can guarantee you that this SHIP is something NOT to pass out on, It is a once in a lifetime experience.. you will not regret it !! and hey... take advantage..listen to your husband :D:p Thank you for reading my review and pictures... I hope I can help... but if you'd like..also start a new thread to see what the more experienced here would recommend:) Keep me posted !!

- Beatriz.

I have plans to go to Columbus Cove but your pictures have me re-thinking...maybe I'll do both. I LOVE Labadee! ;)

Thanks for the quick reply!:)

Aww.. You can do BOTH. Since Barefoot is right there.. once you get off the ship..in case if you dont like it... you can go to Columbus Cove :)

No problem. Im glad to help ! =) Thank you for reading.

Yes very good pictures, best I've seen yet as far as getting such a good look at things. What are the little blue looking tent things on the beach that the chairs were leaned up against? Are they there for anyone to use and is there very much room in them. Bet they go quick. First time I've seen them. :)

Archived