* Allure of the Seas * Pictures <3

Hi there - thought I'd chime in here and try to help answer some of your questions. We did Oasis in 2010, Eastern Itinerary (link to review and pics in my signature). I can't help you make your decision, but I can tell you that we are Flowrider freaks and would try to get back to the ship early on port days to ride the Flowrider. There were still lots of activities going on, just not many people onboard. Here is a link I found that someone posted on CC to the Allure Eastern Cruise Compasses from Feb 2012. It can help you get an idea about activities onboard during port days.

s1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee392/Captdata007/Allure of the Seas Eastern Cruise Compass 19 Feb 2/

If you do the Eastern itinerary, I'd recommend Maho Beach in St Martin. It's not so much the beach as the planes. So if you're not beach people, you'll be fine with hit.

I just finished reading your wonderful detailed review which was very helpful!

I decided to stick to my original plans (Carnival Liberty and Universal) and instead added a few days of Disney on for my youngest daughter who is 9. My older children got to go to Disney 2-3 times a year (when annual passes were cheap and we had the DVC membership), since we haven't been to Disney in a couple of years I decided to add this on to our vacation making it now a full 2 weeks, probably our last 2 weeker for a very long time since college is now going to take over. There is a little something for everybody in it to make everybody VERY happy.

Between yours and Bea's reviews, I have a great idea of what the Allure/Oasis would be like. I think I am going to just keep my Allure reservation in place for next year for my oldest daughter's graduation present. I wish I could let her bring along a friend, but there are already 6 of us. Lucky for her, her sister is pretty close in age to her. Thanks again! :)

I decided to stick to my original plans (Carnival Liberty and Universal) and instead added a few days of Disney on for my youngest daughter who is 9. My older children got to go to Disney 2-3 times a year (when annual passes were cheap and we had the DVC membership), since we haven't been to Disney in a couple of years I decided to add this on to our vacation making it now a full 2 weeks, probably our last 2 weeker for a very long time since college is now going to take over. There is a little something for everybody in it to make everybody VERY happy.

Between yours and Bea's reviews, I have a great idea of what the Allure/Oasis would be like. I think I am going to just keep my Allure reservation in place for next year for my oldest daughter's graduation present. I wish I could let her bring along a friend, but there are already 6 of us. Lucky for her, her sister is pretty close in age to her. Thanks again! :)

You're quite welcome. Glad you found it helpful. I think you made the right decision. We are huge Disney fans as well. Sounds like just the right mix of vacation for your crew. You will LOVE the Oasis class ship next year.

Which beach at Labadee was this? doesn't look like Barefoot

You are correct. The beach that Kubanita shows in her photos is actually "Adrenaline Beach". Barefoot Beach Club is indeed a "restricted" beach for suite passengers only (and their guests if they rent one of the thatched cabanas).

Barefoot Beach is on the opposite side of the peninsula from "Adrenaline Beach" (where Kubanita took her photos, with all the smaller blue cabanas). "Adrenaline Beach" faces the the zipline and is on the rougher ocean-side of the peninsula. "Barefoot Beach" is on the calm, bay-side of the peninsula facing the ship.

All the beaches are lovely though! As is easily discerned from Kubanita's amazing photography! I would also like to point out that Kubanita, herself, is lovely! ;)

I attached some photos taken from "Barefoot Beach" below...

IMG_3831.jpg.8a502421a46b0d66566ccd4a375ce815.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg.63874b756fd1bb9066161d99a6be82b5.jpg

images.jpg.acb6f9596859de3b0f2d11d70b7f6262.jpg

cabana.jpg.09e331fd2d1ffeb11e620d1b99f748e7.jpg

This has been the most fun, interesting, and informative review I've read. What a wonderful way to prepare for my excursion on the Allure in two weeks! The photos are amazing and, Bea, you are darn cute to look at too :) So friendly, so willing to be of help - thank you so much, girl!

:D

You are correct. The beach that Kubanita shows in her photos is actually "Adrenaline Beach". Barefoot Beach Club is indeed a "restricted" beach for suite passengers only (and their guests if they rent one of the thatched cabanas).

Barefoot Beach is on the opposite side of the peninsula from "Adrenaline Beach" (where Kubanita took her photos, with all the smaller blue cabanas). "Adrenaline Beach" faces the the zipline and is on the rougher ocean-side of the peninsula. "Barefoot Beach" is on the calm, bay-side of the peninsula facing the ship.

All the beaches are lovely though! As is easily discerned from Kubanita's amazing photography! I would also like to point out that Kubanita, herself, is lovely! ;)

Aww thank you! I apologize as I am not too experienced, Being there once I thought it was.. It is awesome to have people like yourself though to explain everything so well and I love the pictures once again THANK YOUUU SO MUCHH !!! :)

I remember reading that the beach where the zipline is has a rocky water entry....so would that be Adrenaline Beach? I have been to Labadee before....loved where I was at but for the life of me can't remember the name of the beach.

Bea - I have been following along your pictorial review and wanted to let you know that I really appreciate it. I've been on Oasis, but this gets us excited about Allure in Sept/Oct. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pics!

Thank you for reading! You will have a wonderful time onboard the Allure :D

Wonderful decicion. I think you are making a great choice! You will have a blast at Universal Studios, and your older daughter will really enjoy her Graduation gift next year ;) ..... Carnival Liberty is a beautiful ship and now that I heard it has been renovated well..imagine that...even better!!!! :D

This has been the most fun, interesting, and informative review I've read. What a wonderful way to prepare for my excursion on the Allure in two weeks! The photos are amazing and, Bea, you are darn cute to look at too :) So friendly, so willing to be of help - thank you so much, girl!

:D

Aww thank you!!! You are soo sweet :D !!!!!! Which excursion will you be doing?? Is it the Dunns River Falls?? Im telling you, this SHIP is amaaazinnnggg... I went back in Sept and I am still thinking about it haha :)

Wonderful decicion. I think you are making a great choice! You will have a blast at Universal Studios, and your older daughter will really enjoy her Graduation gift next year ;) ..... Carnival Liberty is a beautiful ship and now that I heard it has been renovated well..imagine that...even better!!!! :D

Thanks Bea and thank you for being so kind, helpful and thoughtful!!!! :)

Aww thank you! I apologize as I am not too experienced, Being there once I thought it was.. It is awesome to have people like yourself though to explain everything so well and I love the pictures once again THANK YOUUU SO MUCHH !!! :)

No apology necessary! ;) I have thoroughly enjoyed your photo-review! Allure and Oasis are my all-time favorite ships and seeing your amazing pictures brought it all back for me! :D Thank you so much!

I remember reading that the beach where the zipline is has a rocky water entry....so would that be Adrenaline Beach? I have been to Labadee before....loved where I was at but for the life of me can't remember the name of the beach.

Labadee has changed a LOT over recent years. You may be remembering it from prior to all the changes (including an actual pier where the ships now dock versus tendering as they did in the past).

Years ago, my favorite beach at Labadee was "Hideaway Beach", followed closely by "Barefoot Beach" (which was open to the public until a few years ago, when they walled it off and made it available only to suite guests). "Hideaway Beach" was a little piece of paradise, far away from where the tenders landed. Every time we went, we were the only souls on the beach for an hour or so, until the other passengers eventually found their way there. ;) (I attached some photos of "Hideaway Beach" below).

When they built the new pier, they obliterated "Hideaway Beach" :p and now the area that was formerly my paradise, is the "welcome center" for Labadee. One improvement they did make though, was to bring in some sand to the former "Dragon's Tail Beach" (which is the rocky beach you remember, under the zip-line) and now it is a much more user-friendly beach which has been re-named "Adrenaline Beach". :D

1898507294_2002-04-20110.jpg.b46e30572e31fcc599a1baefd0b8bc91.jpg

34934188_Freedom022.jpg.abe1304eaf786e110ca347e607a3d263.jpg

1648806071_Freedom026.jpg.c1a62b19178a3c3d844df5b1b41bdb58.jpg

Labadee has changed a LOT over recent years. You may be remembering it from prior to all the changes (including an actual pier where the ships now dock versus tendering as they did in the past).

Years ago, my favorite beach at Labadee was "Hideaway Beach", followed closely by "Barefoot Beach" (which was open to the public until a few years ago, when they walled it off and made it available only to suite guests). "Hideaway Beach" was a little piece of paradise, far away from where the tenders landed. Every time we went, we were the only souls on the beach for an hour or so, until the other passengers eventually found their way there. ;) (I attached some photos of "Hideaway Beach" below).

When they built the new pier, they obliterated "Hideaway Beach" :p and now the area that was formerly my paradise, is the "welcome center" for Labadee. One improvement they did make though, was to bring in some sand to the former "Dragon's Tail Beach" (which is the rocky beach you remember, under the zip-line) and now it is a much more user-friendly beach which has been re-named "Adrenaline Beach". :D

Oh boy Am I thankful to you..!!!! Now I get it !! :D I loved Labadee indeed... regardless of the Rocky beaches and the Better ones.. It is still beautiful.. I am a true believer that all beaches in the Caribbean have their charm.. they are just gorgeous!

your pictures are so great! We are sailing on the Allure this July but will not make it to Labadee. I have seen your pics now plus a few other reviews talking about the cabanas and I am dying to go there now!

You will love it so much.. Are you taking the western route? That you wont be going to Labadee? I think when I go back... ( hopefully....and eventually... hehe ) I will find out for sure more about the cabanas etc.. seems like a really great choice.

Great review and I am enjoying the pictures. Brought back great memories of my trip on the Allure back in October.

Aww thank you! I am glad you enjoyed ! ;)

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post all these pictures and review.........you are awesome !

Am I ?? NOOOO... You are !!!!!! hehe...Thank you so much for reading!! :)

Oh boy Am I thankful to you..!!!! Now I get it !! :D I loved Labadee indeed... regardless of the Rocky beaches and the Better ones.. It is still beautiful.. I am a true believer that all beaches in the Caribbean have their charm.. they are just gorgeous!

Labadee became my favorite place in the world the first time I saw it (about a decade ago)! :D Seeing all the changes happen over the years has been somewhat bittersweet for me. I adored Labadee in it's more "natural" state from years gone by. Don't get me wrong, I still love Labadee and all the "Disney-fi-cation" that has transpired (which makes it appeal to a larger audience). But I miss the way it use to be when it was just a lush, tropical, paradise. :)

Ritas Cantina Fiesta...!

scaled.php?server=526&filename=img6752q.jpg&res=landing

Some say that this was not a great choice, myself, on the other hand, and my boyfriend had an awesome night ! They do the Fiesta 3 nights.

The package is 20 p/p and it includes..

3 margaritas p/p

Set style party menu.. ( they bring out large portions of appetizers, mexican style food ) & dessert for everyone.. ( I never felt like it wasn't enough )

Party favorites. ( 'sombreros', & some other things )

Once you arrive, you see the large tables, they do this on purpose so that you can mingle and talk among others. Everything is really organized and pretty looking... I enjoyed the decorations.. then again..thats me.. lol ( Good time to say that I am not Mexican, but I am Hispanic .. )

Reason being why i enjoyed it so much is because i got to meet really fun people from all over, I actually made friends.. and even meet a guy that works in my same field and almost same street here in Miami :eek: ...

Rita, which is the Lady entertaining the crowd...was very sweet.. and the best part were the waiters dancing and making people get off their feet to celebrate VACATIONING! I guess it depends a lot on who the guests are ... fun guests = fun party ! I never had a complaint. Had a blast :D

Thank you for the detailed info. Right now, I just can't wait to get to ANY beach in Labadee!;):D

Archived