When is the best time to book, price wise?

Prices vary so very much depending on time of year for each cruise. I love ES as I understand and accept the restrictions that come with ES. Summer and Holiday prices are the highest. Bargains can be had as fares are much lower during hurricane season and while kids are in school. I booked Valor/Glory B2B for Dec. a year in advance under ES and was very happy with the price. Glory was a little more but it will be fresh off the FunShip 2.0 upgrades. Our average cost pp for the 3 of us was only $40/day for Valor.

I booked my Sept cruise a year in advance, using ES and I think we got a great deal. The price has not come down, yet but there are still a good selection of cabins. we are paying a little more than $100/day.

which for three meals a day plus entertainment seems like great bargain.

Our T-giving cruise, I booked about 10 months in advance, using ES. The prices have been going up and down, but no really big savings...

The past two December's I have had the luck of

some great deals.

I believe the 1st two weeks in December

you can usually get some great deals.

NCL Dawn, Dec 2010, 5-N, cruise to West Carr.

Paid $481 P/P for a Jr. Suite. 285 sq.ft.

RCI NOTS, Dec 2011, 6-N, cruise to West Carr.

Paid $1,800 as a solo, for a Grand Suite. 390 sq. ft.

This Grand Suite also came with an open bar every

day from 5:00-8:00 pm, @ two bars. Your choice..

There are some great deals to be had out there

in early December, if you take the time to search.

I agree. Booking early is the way to go. If you are a past cruiser or senior, you may be eligable for a further discount. Sometimes you may also get a residency discount depending on what state you live in. Early saver usually gives the best price and allows you the option to pick your own cabin and deck. You are also guarenteed best price. If the price of the cruise goes down you get the lower price. The only drawback to early saver is that you cannot get your deposit back if you cancel. They do however apply your deposit to another cruise minus a $50 fee. no matter when you book your cruise my advice is to keep checking the Carnival website often. Sometimes the price goes down and a few days later goes back up. If the price goes down you will lock into that lower price and do not have to pay any more if the price goes up again. It is your job to keep checking for a lower price. Your travel agent will not do that. As soon as you see a price drop make a call to get the lower price. I booked a carnival cruise 2 years ago and the price actually dropped $500 a person between the time I booked and sailed. We are sailing on the Breeze to Europe in July and the price has dropped $350 per person since I booked. I usually book about a year in advance but the prices usually fluctuate up and down so book early if you can and keep an eye one the price after you book. (I usually check every few days). they have to give you the lowest price up until the day before you sail.

Definitely after Thanksgiving and before Christmas. Before we had a kid we went every year in the first two weeks of December as it was markedly cheaper. Can't go then now cause we can't take kid out of school.

My best deals are last minute specials.

I got Triumph last January for $169 pp pack n go, gty but got Lido deck. Many others I talked to booked at $179 senior rate which is a last minute fill the ship kind of rate, like the resident/state specials. Unusally low price out of Galveston, Florida can be even cheaper last minute.

Ill never bother with ES again more than likely unless its with friends.

If pack n goes were not such good deals, you would not constantly see people asking if they can price match downward to gtys who booked ES.

https://www.goccl.com/content/specials/documents/PKGO.pdf

I like to post early so that I can get the type cabin I want. I don't think I save much that way. But we wanted a Cove Balcony and we got it.

Agreed! I would hate to be under the gym or some place noisy. I rather book early and the cabin I want. Aft-wrap here I come!

Cruise Critic had an article about a gentleman who ususally just lives on cruises. He cruised 50 out of 52 weeks a year, for the last 12 or so years. He said to book early, that in all those cruises he has found the cheapest fares by booking way in advance, and that the prices have only dropped for him about 10 times in all those years. Check out the main page, the article may still be there. I know my facts aren't correct, but you get the gyst of the article.

• 2 weeks later...
What does ES mentioned in this thread refer to?? Thank you!

Early Saver is a type of fare booked with Carnival. Has many restrictions but gives you the best rate and you can get price drops (if you are so lucky to get them) up until 2 business days before sailing.

All fares get price drops up until final payment, just ES gets you those up until those 2 Business days before sailing. :p

ES is Early Saver, the earlier you book,

supposedly you get the best deal..

Sometimes yes, sometimes not..

Every cruise we have gotten the best deal either through the price constantly rising from what we booked at or through the price drops. On the Med cruise we got $500 pp in drops and the price 2 days from sailing was actually higher than what we booked it for. Our upcoming cruise on the Pride jumped $160 pp after we booked and has come down $10 from that. Probably won't get anything lower than the original booking price so no OBC likely. Getting some of that anyway since we used an FCC cert. Never had a price drop turned down. Eligible for all types of discounts.

We, too, always book far out ES. It has been the best pricing on every single cruise we have taken. On some the price only went up and we had no reductions, but most of the time we have seen alot of price drops....but in all cases, ES was the lowest price ever offered. It is worth it to us.

Archived