Suite questions- FOS

CC has been a fantastic resource for our upcoming FOS cruise.

A couple more questions that I can't seem to find :

I know suites are entitled to eat breakfast/lunch in one of the specialty restaurants. Is this venue only a sitting area to eat food carried from the WJ? Or can one order breakfast /lunch food from a menu while in this venue? So, can my family sit down and order here (such as one does at the MDR for dinner)?

Is the MDR open for breakfast/lunch for wait service? So, can my family sit down and order breakfast/lunch from a menu?

Every cruise to this point has been a " off the ship at first light and on a Scuba trip" at every port. so we've rarely ( never?) eaten on the ship for breakfast or lunch. This cruise is the opposite as we aren't pre-planning anything port wise and will most likely eat on the ship a fair amount.

We do not eat at buffets so any help will most graciously be appreciated!

Thanks!!

MDR is open for both breakfast and lunch. You can order off a menu for both but for breakfast they also have a buffet. We actually did that everyday exempt the first when we found out the Windjammer was WAY too crowded the first morning. MDR was very relaxing and we didn't feel rushed to finish so someone else could have our table.

When on Voyager, you could get your food from the WJ and have a place to sit in Portofino. They did not order food in there. You still went to the buffet. I would think it is the same on Freedom.??

On Freedom, suite guests can sit in Portofino for breakfast. You can get your food from the WJ and bring it in or you can order from a menu. They also have a mini- buffet in Portofino (fruit, cereal and baked goods available).

You cannot order food in Portofino at lunch; food must be brought in from WJ.

(Above info is the way it was in December - as with all things RC, it could change at any time ;))

Thanks! So it appears that the specialty restaurant breakfast/lunch venue is nothing more than seating? I'm not sure I see the value in carting open plates of food and drinks to another area to sit down and eat.

Looks like the MDR is the only full service/ non-buffet breakfast or lunch option.

Thanks! So it appears that the specialty restaurant breakfast/lunch venue is nothing more than seating? I'm not sure I see the value in carting open plates of food and drinks to another area to sit down and eat.

Looks like the MDR is the only full service/ non-buffet breakfast or lunch option.

Yes, that's true but at least you will have a seat and it's fairly quiet. The waiter will get your drinks also but so do the Windjammer waiters. Just a little quicker.

MDR is the only full service non-buffett options. It can be slow and that's why many eat in the Windjammer to get a quick bite and off the ship or to the pool.

The Concierge lounge also has a continental breakfast with specialty coffee. Bagles, toast, Lox, fruit tray, cheeses, danish etc. Very quiet and relaxing. We often spend a couple of hours there in the morning!

Yes, that's true but at least you will have a seat and it's fairly quiet. The waiter will get your drinks also but so do the Windjammer waiters. Just a little quicker.

MDR is the only full service non-buffett options. It can be slow and that's why many eat in the Windjammer to get a quick bite and off the ship or to the pool.

The Concierge lounge also has a continental breakfast with specialty coffee. Bagles, toast, Lox, fruit tray, cheeses, danish etc. Very quiet and relaxing. We often spend a couple of hours there in the morning!

It looks the MDR is our only option :) Thanks and now that I see Lox is in the CL it looks like I'll be visiting there each morning as well.

No, breakfast is not just seating in the specialty restuarant. There will either be a menu or you can just order whatever egg dishes and sides you want on Freedom. We did this a few months ago. Love this suite perk. And lunch is served in the MDR only on sea days. You can also order anything on the MDR menu during MDR hours to be delivered by room service to your suite. We have had the lobster ensuite.

GS and above. We've never been given a menu in the specialty rest but seriously, we haven't eaten in the specialty rest for breakfast or lunch very often because we prefer the continental in the CL. Maybe it's something new.:confused: I noticed in Feb that Portofino's was for Suite and Pinnacles and Chops was for D+, maybe D too but I wasn't paying much attention. On some ships the CL offers lunch options. Oasis and Allure do. The Radiance did last October. Just depends.

No, breakfast is not just seating in the specialty restuarant. There will either be a menu or you can just order whatever egg dishes and sides you want on Freedom. We did this a few months ago. Love this suite perk. And lunch is served in the MDR only on sea days. You can also order anything on the MDR menu during MDR hours to be delivered by room service to your suite. We have had the lobster ensuite.

http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/Travel/Allureoftheseas/15556899_cdmwz2#!i=1366442526&k=TDwDwSC

I found these pictures of menus for suite guests online. They are not mine.

Wow! That is GREAT news! So, we can sit down in Portifinos and order breakfast from a menu?

I knew there had to be a better method than schleping plates of food to another venue just to sit down to eat.

Thanks also for the menu pics.

It looks the MDR is our only option :) Thanks and now that I see Lox is in the CL it looks like I'll be visiting there each morning as well.

You will be able to enjoy Lox in the Windjammer, Concierge Lounge or Main Dining room.

Have a good cruise.

M

The virtue is actually pretty simple, you do not have to hunt/fight for a table, you get your drinks refille by attentive waiters, you have no trouble getting a table with a view, and you don't have to shout to be heard. It is worth it MHO.

Wow! That is GREAT news! So, we can sit down in Portifinos and order breakfast from a menu?

I knew there had to be a better method than schleping plates of food to another venue just to sit down to eat.

Thanks also for the menu pics.

We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast in the speciality restaurant on Freedom. You get great service and yes, the view is wonderful. There is a small menu.

Archived