This is torture!!!

navigator71

So we are sitting here staring at the Gem but can't get on yet:(. Been sitting for 45 min. They had a Coast Guard drill for staff and crew. Glad we will be safe but I'm hungry and really want to be on the ship! Plus there's no staff at the spa table yet and I want to sign up for the limited number spa passes!!!!! And I want to sign up for the chef dinner but no table to. So guess I'll be waiting till I board....along with all these hundreds of other passengers!!!! Pressure, pressure, pressure:(

So we are sitting here staring at the Gem but can't get on yet:(. Been sitting for 45 min. They had a Coast Guard drill for staff and crew. Glad we will be safe but I'm hungry and really want to be on the ship! Plus there's no staff at the spa table yet and I want to sign up for the limited number spa passes!!!!! And I want to sign up for the chef dinner but no table to. So guess I'll be waiting till I board....along with all these hundreds of other passengers!!!! Pressure, pressure, pressure:(

So sorry, but Tea and Sympathy got served to another "table"......

Ok wow!! I wrote the other day that I loved how kind and helpful this board is and now to read such "supportive" words....Geez!! I wasn't trying to complain about something so minor. Just sharing the crazy feeling of wanting to be on the ship and I had to wait...you know the tick tock feeling. Geez...first world problem? I adopted 3 kids from a 3rd world country so I know all about that world. I was just venting...after all the work, sweat, patience I was finally there and had to wait, so to speak.

And I didnt forget the thread!!!! I came back to say it all worked out and thanks for the support but guess only one of you got what I was venting about. Tough crowd!!! Yes I'm on vacation while you are there working and waiting. But soon enough you'll be here on a ship trying to relax. Just wanted to let everyone know thanks for reading my post and responding. Wasnt trying to stir up bad feelings. I have 6 kids so am just glad to even be here finally settled with my husband of 18 years after a very long year! Hope you all have a great week !! I'll check back in after the trip.... Gotta go "party" now... :(

Ok wow!! I wrote the other day that I loved how kind and helpful this board is and now to read such "supportive" words....Geez!! I wasn't trying to complain about something so minor. Just sharing the crazy feeling of wanting to be on the ship and I had to wait...you know the tick tock feeling. Geez...first world problem? I adopted 3 kids from a 3rd world country so I know all about that world. I was just venting...after all the work, sweat, patience I was finally there and had to wait, so to speak.

And I didnt forget the thread!!!! I came back to say it all worked out and thanks for the support but guess only one of you got what I was venting about. Tough crowd!!! Yes I'm on vacation while you are there working and waiting. But soon enough you'll be here on a ship trying to relax. Just wanted to let everyone know thanks for reading my post and responding. Wasnt trying to stir up bad feelings. I have 6 kids so am just glad to even be here finally settled with my husband of 18 years after a very long year! Hope you all have a great week !! I'll check back in after the trip.... Gotta go "party" now... :(

They were teasing you

Have a great trip!

sorry but just where did you get the idea that you were being "picked on"

I read all responses and read them all as tongue in cheek-emphasised by the icons

i think all responses were jokey and wishing you have a good cruise!

Goodness..........put the computer away and go and relax in the hot tub.

I too figured we were "funnin' with ya" as my dad used to say!

I just love embarkation day. All the anticipation, excitement and even anxiety. I am of the school who likes to get on early. And don't even get me started on sailaway, it is the BEST!

Hope you have a great cruise. Wish I was in your boat... Literally. But my next one is still a ways off.

Once we had a cruise on NCL Spirit. There was some mechanical problems.. and ship didn't arrive till 2 PM. We were the lucky once, because we had seating in the terminal... some people not so much. People old and young had to wait 3+ hours standing in the crowd. Kids cried, people were fainting...

But at the end we all had a very nice and fun cruise. I wish you the same about your cruise!

Sorry... I was feeling bad that I was making you all feel bad:(. And yes I'm this pathetic that I'm checking my cc thread still. I was shocked to see I had service. So now everyone can see that you still have service at this point of the journey. I should've been a travel reporter!!! No hard feelings. I got the jokes. Was just feeling bad I might've rubbed you the wrong way. My phone is going off now:). Thanks for the humor:). And yes we brought a female passenger back. Sad:(. About an hour and a half from port we turned around. Not sure what was wrong with her. Wonder what her family will do. Only she got off....:(. Nypd got her....

See ya!! And thanks for the well wishes:)

Hope you have a fantastic cruise. I think everyone was being sarcastic to you while none of us are on a cruise. Sort of roasting you. As they say " a bad day at sea is better than a good day on land."

Everyone wants to get on board as soon as they can and any tiny delay gets us all frustrated.

We understand ;)

We are all just very jealous and wish we could trade places with you.

Sorry things did not start out so great... 1st a delayed boarding and then a return trip to drop off someone. Sounds like she may have had an arrest warrant out and they caught it to late.

Glad you are on you way.... Enjoy your vacation and drink one for all of us sitting here waiting to read how your trip is going

Archived