The pooh-pooh of inside cabin cruisers

MAJ

Someone has to fill the inside cabins of the ships...... If it has to be me, then so be it. I'm sure that I can live with the indignity of it all.

There is a lot of drinking that can be done with the savings, with the added perk of no sun to wake you up at some horrible hour while on holidays. :)

I to don’t really get this threads true purpose…But I am still entitled to have an opinion on inside cabins right!? As a mire gold tier lad, I am far from a status junky but if somebody asks me how an inside cabin feels like, I will give them MY honest opinion, which is that an inside did not work out for us for numerous reasons, again this is our personal opinion…But then still, who am I to judge the persons that are in inside cabins!? Everybody should look in a mirror first if they look down upon others! As long as there is fun and peace, I dont care where you’re in, where you come from or what you look like!

Growing a little tired of statements like o they got their D or D+ doing 3 nights inside

Or tucked away in their little inside stateroom directly over the engine earning their status

I mostly cruise inside & after my next cruise in July will be 6 nights from D+

I live in N Ireland so have never done less than 12 nights I have earned my status according to RCCL anyway

I think they appreciate me filling one of those inside staterooms that they were

About a million years ago I did an inside cabin and realized right away that once was enough:) And since C&A status is not even a blip on my radar....I don't care what status people are or their geographic room location on the ship.

What kind of cabin?

How many cruises?

How abot this?

I think it's kind of silly that people clutter up the board with a list of all the cruises they have been on.

Listing cruises that one is going on in the future might make sense. Your friends might see where you are going and meet up with you.

But a long list of cruises one has been on....Some over more than two decades ago?

Why?

We are all cruising with the masses anyway....unless you are on a luxury cruise that caters to 500 passengers. I don't see the point in worrying about what other people think about where your cabin happens to be. We just love balconies and other people just want more value.

What kind of cabin?

How many cruises?

How abot this?

I think it's kind of silly that people clutter up the board with a list of all the cruises they have been on.

Listing cruises that one is going on in the future might make sense. Your friends might see where you are going and meet up with you.

But a long list of cruises one has been on....Some over more than two decades ago?

Why?

Well, one time I got into a pretty cool discussion with asomeone because in there signature was listed "Leonardo Da Vinci". And I have always had an interest in the old Italian liners.

What kind of cabin?

How many cruises?

How abot this?

Why?

Posters can't win on this issue. If you list your experience, you're bragging. If you don't, your opinion doesn't have value.

You seem very critical, joe6.

Posters can't win on this issue. If you list your experience, you're bragging. If you don't, your opinion doesn't have value.

You seem very critical, joe6.

Perhaps I am critical.

Are you one of those who think that having an opinion and stating it, and giving the reasons for that opinion is somehow bad?

A list of cruises taken? Ok, that's not too bad I guess, but blueprint drawings of the ships, and RCL like badges with "Sailed" written across them and other cartoon like things?

Drawings of diamonds?

Really?

What kind of cabin?

How many cruises?

How abot this?

Why?

When I was planning my first cruise I found it useful to be able to see other's past cruises. I found a couple of nice people on my roll call, and in another thread I follow, that had been on the ship in the past and was able to ask them specific questions. They were glad to help and I didn't have to start a whole new thread to ask my question.

Don't let 'status snobs' get your dander up:(...[sorry, that's hillbilly for geting angry];)..what should it matter what room you occupy as long as you're on a cruise and having a good time?

and you get to meet fantastic people, and make friends for life.

Stuff the snobs who think their Poo don't stink.

Some of them......(Nah not going to pursue it right now) they know who they are.... and they are the ones left by themselves when we are all having the time of our lives, being our first cruise ....or our 100th.

Have a ball Sunebeach and forget the passenger list for "Richard Cranium"....there seem to be a lot of them listed :D:D

Perhaps I am critical.... A list of cruises taken? Ok, that's not too bad I guess, but blueprint drawings of the ships, and RCL like badges with "Sailed" written across them and other cartoon like things?

Drawings of diamonds? Really?

Perhaps it might do you well to turn off the signatures, if this truly bothers you. Since that is an option here on the boards, I really don't think one should be complaining about it, IMO. :)

Perhaps I am critical.

Are you one of those who think that having an opinion and stating it, and giving the reasons for that opinion is somehow bad?

A list of cruises taken? Ok, that's not too bad I guess, but blueprint drawings of the ships, and RCL like badges with "Sailed" written across them and other cartoon like things?

Drawings of diamonds?

Really?

Well, I stopped listing all of my cruises a couple of years ago just to save space and now only do "last year", "this year", and "next year". As someone else mentioned, all you have to do is remove the signature and you won't see anything. I think for many of us, cruising is a hobby and it's fun to keep track of where you've been and where you are going in the future. Personally, I don't consider it bragging - but if a few people feed their egos by doing, who really cares? Honestly, I don't understand why some people get so uptight about CC. :confused:

What kind of cabin?

How many cruises?

How abot this?

Why?

I had my list of cruises we were on and took it off for this reason. Then I missed it becase I could not refer to what cruises I had been on and compare with other CC members, especially with the M&M boards. Its nice to know if one is going to meet a previous cruiser they had met.

We have always had inside rooms. This allows us to cruise more ofter. And it is a saving. We had always had to fly to the ports. There are so may nice places on the ship to sit and relax or visit with other cruisers. Also I don't like to be alone.

Jan

Please don't fret about the statements at all. They are not a"slam" against people who cruise in inside cabins. There was a "glitch" in the old cruise credit system that accorded the same credit (one cruise credit) to someone who cruised for three nights in an inside cabin as to someone who, for example, cruised 8 nights in a Superior Ocean View balcony. If you happened to be lucky enough to live close to a port that had a ship that offered short cruise and were able to cruise frequently, then at that time, you could move up the Crown and Anchor ladder quite quickly.

It was no Glitch in the system. RCCL chose to reward all passengers of cruises less than 12/14 (I can't remember which) days the same with an extra bonus to the suite passengers. I posted something similar on another topic - their ship, their rewards program. Did I benefit - yes, because of my job and family obligations I did not have the luxury of longer cruises. Thank you RCCL for appreciating my loyalty.

What kind of cabin?

How many cruises?

How abot this?

Why?

After I did a multi-quote I saw other posters have the same advice - turn off signatures. I like my signature - not overly long and

a quick reminder to me :D if a question comes up about past cruises.

What kind of cabin?

How many cruises?

How abot this?

Why?

Simple explanation...when I reference something that I have experienced, other posters can see where my experience comes from.

Archived