The pooh-pooh of inside cabin cruisers

MAJ

Growing a little tired of statements like o they got their D or D+ doing 3 nights inside

Or tucked away in their little inside stateroom directly over the engine earning their status

I mostly cruise inside & after my next cruise in July will be 6 nights from D+

I live in N Ireland so have never done less than 12 nights I have earned my status according to RCCL anyway

I think they appreciate me filling one of those inside staterooms that they were

Maj don't let those people upset you. RC set the guidelines and as long as you booked cruises with them, RC accumulates the points and assigns the level. I don't see where it makes a difference how you get your points. It's all about cruising and that is all good.

When you get to D+, enjoy the perks you are entitled to.

Whose business is it as to what cabin you are staying in or have occupied in the past? You get the perks of your C&A level and you have every right to take advantage of them...... period.

Any reason why you started two threads with the same title?

Enjoy your points, and the perks they offer - You’ve earned them. Points were earned within the boundaries of the RCCL program. No one should be shunned regardless of cabin choice, cruise length or proximity to a cruise port. For those who don’t like so many D or D+ or P, Blame RCCL - not the cruiser!

M

Please don't fret about the statements at all. They are not a"slam" against people who cruise in inside cabins. There was a "glitch" in the old cruise credit system that accorded the same credit (one cruise credit) to someone who cruised for three nights in an inside cabin as to someone who, for example, cruised 8 nights in a Superior Ocean View balcony. If you happened to be lucky enough to live close to a port that had a ship that offered short cruise and were able to cruise frequently, then at that time, you could move up the Crown and Anchor ladder quite quickly.

That's their envy talking. Laugh it off. Most of us started with inside cabins and then some were bitten by the balcony bug. Good for you. You've probably enjoyed a lot more cruises than me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know this isn't really what you are talking about but it reminded me of comments I overheard on our last cruise. At one port we disembarked from deck 4 as normal but when we came back to the ship we embarked at deck 2, right next to our outside cabin. I overheard a little girl exclaim " Mummy, these people don't even have balconies!" and another lady exclaim with much disgust "I thought this was where the STAFF lived, there are rooms down here!" :o

Made me laugh

Growing a little tired of statements like o they got their D or D+ doing 3 nights inside

Or tucked away in their little inside stateroom directly over the engine earning their status

I mostly cruise inside & after my next cruise in July will be 6 nights from D+

I live in N Ireland so have never done less than 12 nights I have earned my status according to RCCL anyway

I think they appreciate me filling one of those inside staterooms that they were

Really?...in 29 cruises...not once have I been asked what kind of cabin I have.

Much of that noice comes from only a few folks...We have, indeed, cruises with braggards that made D+ with inside/3nighters and then brag how they NEVER tip the staff...those are the rare exceptions...just like those that grind their teeth over it.

Worry not....Remember, probably less than 2% of all the folks that sail with RCI are on these boards....so the opinion is not very wide spread.

They are also the folks that crush newbies for simply asking age old questions and not using the search engine....

Worry not, enjoy your cabin! Until the day that you have to wear a scarlet letter 'I" (for inside) while aboard, all passengers look the same, smile the same and enjoy their cruise...so you should too!

Really?...in 29 cruises...not once have I been asked what kind of cabin I have.

I believe the OP was referring to comments that have been made on this board and not on the ship.

It doesn't really bother me what cabin anyone is staying in. We've stayed in a variety - once interior, several times family oceanview, often balcony, sometimes suite. When we get a balcony, we are spending more to get the balcony because we want it. Cruise credits aren't a huge concern of mine. As people have said before - if you're cruising to move up in the loyalty program, you're probably cruising for the wrong reason. But, to each there own.

To the people who gripe about those who move up in the system by booking the cheapest interior rooms - why don't they do the same, if loyalty is all that matters? Everyone has the option of booking interior staterooms... they usually aren't the first to go. If you want a balcony, book a balcony, but don't think that you deserve a higher 'rank' because you spend more on your room.

I mean, heck - the people in the interior cabin could very well be out-spending you in onboard purchases.

If you want to be rewarded by how much money you spend, look into the Royal Caribbean credit card.

After over 20 years of visiting Walt Disney World at least once every year, we finally got a Disney Visa. Wish we would've done this sooner!

Along the same lines and especially the RCL board people must state thier status..oh I wonder if they have rock climbing.....btw I am d+,etc....who cares?

Do you provide your tax returns to everyone? Unless you own the ship I am not impressed. I don't even use my perks except room discounts and stockholders on any cruise line, I cruise to cruise. I don't feel anymore entitled then someone on thier first cruise.

Along the same lines and especially the RCL board people must state thier status..oh I wonder if they have rock climbing.....btw I am d+,etc....who cares?

Do you provide your tax returns to everyone? Unless you own the ship I am not impressed. I don't even use my perks except room discounts and stockholders on any cruise line, I cruise to cruise. I don't feel anymore entitled then someone on thier first cruise.

Agreed! Nothing is more annoying than reading a post, unrelated to status, that starts or ends the sentence with D+ or C&A. Even if they owned the ship, I still wouldn't be impressed. You know, now that I think about it...maybe that's why I don't watch any of the reality "Housewives" shows. :)

Really? You could read every post on the RCI board and I am quite sure you would still have no idea what my C&A level is.

I tried a JS in January... only because the price difference was minimal... it was meh... didn't catch the balcony bug or the AFT bug... I went right back to an inside in April and it didn't phase me in the least... I'd rather do 14 days in an inside than 7 in a JS especially when you have to add on $500-600 airfare, pre cruise hotel etc etc you go for the best bang for your buck. If I could hop in a car and get dropped off at the pier and only have to factor in cruise fare... i'd just go more often... in an inside ;)

Don't let 'status snobs' get your dander up:(...[sorry, that's hillbilly for geting angry];)..what should it matter what room you occupy as long as you're on a cruise and having a good time? WHO cares? Earn your points and enjoy your rewards however you come by them...I know I will...

inside, outside or upside down...who cares? Come onboard and have a good time!

My husband and I have been blessed and fortunate enough to have been able to squeak out one cruise a year since his first intro to cruising on our honeymoon 13 years ago. We are far from wealthy but the way we do it is 1) We live in Florida, so no air fair is needed and 2) We always book an interior cabin. 3) We usually always book off season mostly in Late October, our aniversary.

This October we will be on the Freedom and this is the cruise that will give us the points to go from Emerald to Diamond. We're not cheap just smart. I'd rather cruise in the "cheap" rooms then not at all. Royal doesn't have any problem with taking our money and I'm sure they are just as happy to extend their loyalty benefits to us as they would be to someone staying in the presidential suite.

I think the problem is when discussing loyalty perks on CC, anytime someone points out that they've earned their points, there are always the envious that try to suggest that the the poster probably earned them on inside cabins. The unenvious don't care how anyone earns their points.

I tried a JS in January... only because the price difference was minimal... it was meh... didn't catch the balcony bug or the AFT bug... I went right back to an inside in April and it didn't phase me in the least... I'd rather do 14 days in an inside than 7 in a JS especially when you have to add on $500-600 airfare, pre cruise hotel etc etc you go for the best bang for your buck. If I could hop in a car and get dropped off at the pier and only have to factor in cruise fare... i'd just go more often... in an inside ;)

I agree. We tried a JS in February at a treat for DW's 40th Birthday but it's back to inside. We can cruise twice a year in an inside. If that means we climb the C&A ladder quicker than you so be it.

As we don't drink, I'm not sure that reaching Diamond (we've just turned Emerald) is going to make much difference to us.

Archived