Post your favorite sunrise/sunset photos...

Not really, was taken as a mirror image

with the new ipad mini. :rolleyes: :cool:

That it was a special effect was pretty obvious...my Luke Skywalker home planet reference was less so it seems.

Not a Star Wars fan I guess...

;)

Oh, well.

Dave

Edited by pierces

Dave, I see you got your Rokinon...very nice.

Lali

Yes I did!

I was on the fence deciding if I should when Amazon popped a lightning deal pricing it at $249. I had $200 worth of gift cards from Christmas and points redemption so....:D

So far I really like it. Very sharp and the focus peaking on the NEX cameras makes manual focusing (what little is needed with a fisheye) very easy.

I will try not to over-use it, but it sure is fun!

Dave

Not from a cruise, but from vacation last week...this awesome sunset sky snuck up on me on a nice cold day - high was 50 degrees which is cool for Florida. I was on a ride when it came around a corner and I saw this sky, so I had to snap it even from the moving ride car:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Along the scenic Norway coast, especially above the Arctic Circle during the summer, things get more interesting for sunset. The sun really doesn't disappear. It drops low around midnight and then goes back up. See below one of my shots from that experience. See more from this area in my live/blog connected below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 95,376 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

As we sailed north from the Lofoten Islands off of the Norway Coast, this was the view of the Midnight Sun as it is getting ready to set. Even late at night, the sun does not set, but goes low and then comes back up.

LofotenIsMidnightSunSetting_zps7dab963d.jpg