Suitcase storage on "S" class ships

shofer

I've been reading reviews on the S-class staterooms and everyone mentions the lack of storage space for their luggage. What do you do with it? On the M-class ships it fit under the bed but I guess that is not an option.

BTW, what do you think about the storage as a whole on these ships? We are thinking of booking for next winter and it has been quite a while since we were on X.

Thanks,

Sue

No problem at all fitting 2 x 30" large bags and 2 x 22" carry-on bags under the bed. Tons of storage in the bathroom but the main storage in the cabin is a cabinet over the bed (ie for folded clothes) which may be awkward for the vertically challenged:D. That's why I let my DH come:) Hall closet has lots of room. Very easy spaces to adjust to. M Class has better bedside storage with 3 drawer cabinets on each side.

Tons of space under the bed for luggage, as well as for the life jacket bin.

The over the bed storage bins are not readily accessible unless you are quite tall, so we put the life vests up there and used their storage bin (under the bed) for things we wanted to have easier access to.

Lots of storage and shelves in the bathroom, no problem there. Closet was ample too (particularly when we got some additional hangers from our steward).

To the extent there's a "problem," it's the not very useful over the bed bins, and the limited drawer space in the main cabin. (Not to mention that the top drawer in the bureau and much of the next one down, and the safe, are heated up by the fridge motor. (The safe on the Solstice is in the closet; no heat problem there.))

Overall, it's do-able (though the hot safe is nothing I would put sensitive electronics in, or memory cards).

We were just on the Eclipse and loved it.

I'm 5ft tall and am able to reach (without standing on the bed) a lot of the storage over the bed!

I usually store stuff I need to reach at the far left and far right of the cupboards and then I can reach by standing in front of the night tables. My 6ft 4in hubbie can reach the rest with no problem and he uses that :D

We put our dirty clothes in a bag and then put them in the empty suit cases under the bed.

I never had any cabinets above the bed? What ship are you talking about.

There doesn't look like there is enough space but once you unpack you will find there is enough. You might just have to get some extra hangers and don't overpack.

Happy sailing.:p:p

We use the over-the-bed cabinets for all of our folded clothes, sweat, shorts, tees, jammies, etc. We are not excessively tall but have never had any trouble accessing the cabinets--although I hear a lot of grousing about them. I actually find them convenient--again, I find myself in the minority!

I have the largest suitcases airplane allow you to bring on and I had no problem.

Under our bed we had 2 of the largest size allowed and 2 smaller carry-on size suitcases, and 2 backpacks and a duffel bag.

For the 2 of us, on a 12 night cruise with 12 dresses and 3 suits, we did not find storage a problem at all. If I had a complaint it would be shoe space because I have a shoe problem :p and I like everything put away so I had to stack shoes in the closet

We put our dirty clothes in a bag and then put them in the empty suit cases under the bed.

I never had any cabinets above the bed? What ship are you talking about.

There doesn't look like there is enough space but once you unpack you will find there is enough. You might just have to get some extra hangers and don't overpack.

Happy sailing.:p:p

These.

2960202670096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

BTW, DW is 5'2" and was able to reach the edges easily.

Archived