cruise documents needed to board?

Just one page that shows your name and cruise date. And, you do not need this to board, but need "something" to enter the pier area to show the rent a cop. People do get by with nothing, but having that piece of paper makes life easier. Once you get to the counter, they will find you in the computer.

I have had to go with no paperwork except my passport, etc because I lost it on the way somehow (maybe I left it in the cab or dropped it getting out) but they found me on the manifest and let me continue to the counter. Just make sure you have your legal documentation with you

we are sailing on the Star July 29th.

Exactly what part of the edocs do we need? There are 7 pages bit I only printed out page 1 and the barcode.

Do we need any other pages?

When we were in Hawaii, they only cared about the 'ticket' page with the barcode on it.

I would also have ready at hand documentation that states your OBC and any other fees and excursions that have been pre paid - just in case.

But as the others have said you only need the "Cruise Ticket" to get through security - think of it as the opposite of an airport check in - here you go through security (with your boarding pass) first then you check-in and board the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool i was going to ask this question. So just the page with your names and reservation number is all we really need. Is one OK for everyone going. My excursions are on my documents but not my prepaid daily service charge. It shows up on my account that its paid but no where where i can print it off as proof. IS that ok

Show the cruise ticket to enter the port. The one page with everyone's name listed is fine.

Then have ID ready as you make your way to the front of the security line to show the person by the scanning machines. They will check the names against the cruise ticket.

When you get to the check-in counter, hand over the ticket, your ID and credit card.

print 5 copies of all 7 pages .put one in pocket ,one in bags, give one to wifeput one in carry on and give one to a friend waiting by a fax machine.my sound crazy but trust me its better than what i had to do.when the very nice woman at checkin said sir do you have your boarding pass .I began to sweat and shake realizing my wife was looking at me thinking (you stupid son ** * ***** if we dont get on this ship you better hope someone will be willing to pull me off you and save your life.

Archived