All things Carnival Breeze!

Topo Gigio

I will be booking a cruise soon but I can't seem to choice between a cove balcony and ocean view. Which do you think would be better?

That's really up to you and your budget. We loved our cove balcony! I would sit out there every morning with a cup of coffee and a bagel from room service and either enjoy the ocean or the sights and sounds of the current port. We were closer to the aft (cabin 2368) and had some spray on the balcony on the roughest mornings but it was never bad, and the steward wiped the railing, table and chairs regularly.

Depending on how many people you will have in the cabin, you may want to look at the Deluxe Ocean View cabins, too. They are bigger than a regular OV and have an extra bathroom with a sink and small tub. That would be nice for three or four people.

Poor girl is not getting stellar reviews..

Higher expectations due to her being a new ship?? Perhaps we live in a society that expects more when paying less? It could be due to poor economy those who actually take vacations are expecting more for their money since we have to work harder for it?

I'm spit-balling!:p

It seems that many reviews are contradictory... same sail date but one person's food was cold and bland, whereas another's will be hot and delish. One complains about no chairs by pool and another will say there were plenty. Long lines, no lines. Great staff, grumpy staff... To each his own, and I'm wading through the BS and reading between the lines.

My vacation will be what I make of it and not take others reviews with too much gusto. I like to think that I'm going in with an open mind and "forewarned" of possible bumps in the road, but until I actually sail the Breeze (less than two months!!), will I form my own opinion. I look forward to writing my own review, which I will be through and honest, and not let emotion overrule facts.

Just got off the Breeze this past Sunday, and loved her! We used 2 old gift cards to keep the lights on in cabins - worked fine. I really couldn't imagine a more enjoyable cruise than the one we had on her. (and it was wall to wall people, as it was a Christmas sailing.)

Just got off the Breeze this past Sunday, and loved her! We used 2 old gift cards to keep the lights on in cabins - worked fine. I really couldn't imagine a more enjoyable cruise than the one we had on her. (and it was wall to wall people, as it was a Christmas sailing.)

So glad your cruise was great!

In addition to what I posted earlier....

One review said "he only reads the negative and that's what he will post because that's what people want to read."

That may have something to do with the bad reviews? Lack of people wanting to report/read positive reviews?

we were very happy on our Breeze Cruise a few weeks ago. The ship is great, the layout confusing as all ships seem to be but compared to the Destiny and Inspiration there is no comparison. The WaterWorks was great as well.

Of course if you read my review (without pics) there were some issues, and some shared by others. For the Value we got much more than our money's worth and would said the ship again in a heart beat. As I say that, if we save up the money I would like to do a 7 Day on RCI to see for myself if the Entertainment is that much better, etc. My oldest Daughter was crying when we got off the Boat so that accounts for something. In my Survey I was critical with:

-Entertainment options on some nights

-Slow MDR Service at times

-Internet program is a joke

-Soda Card not accepted to fill Souvenior Cups

These are complaints but nothing that would lead me to have a negative trip at all...

I was on the Breeze in cabin 9472 it is a 'aft-wrap' technically but not a premium balcony. You can book 9472 and 9475 as a regular balcony. Staff stair case takes some room from the cabin. These cabins do not have chairs or sofas in the cabin, yet it does have a chaise, two chairs and little table on the balcony.

The cabins color schemes are much more relaxing than other carnival ships. A great deal of the ship came down with a version of the flu. Nasty cough and headaches. I am sure several reviews will be coming shortly but time to catch up on work now.

Have a good day, Ruth

Did you find your room to be noisy being right under Lido?

Higher expectations due to her being a new ship?? Perhaps we live in a society that expects more when paying less? It could be due to poor economy those who actually take vacations are expecting more for their money since we have to work harder for it?

I'm spit-balling!:p

It seems that many reviews are contradictory... same sail date but one person's food was cold and bland, whereas another's will be hot and delish. One complains about no chairs by pool and another will say there were plenty. Long lines, no lines. Great staff, grumpy staff... To each his own, and I'm wading through the BS and reading between the lines.

My vacation will be what I make of it and not take others reviews with too much gusto. I like to think that I'm going in with an open mind and "forewarned" of possible bumps in the road, but until I actually sail the Breeze (less than two months!!), will I form my own opinion. I look forward to writing my own review, which I will be through and honest, and not let emotion overrule facts.

I've noticed one of the main complaints is cold food and slow service in the MDR. Kind of hard to make the most of that, unless you give up on the MDR and go to the Lido Buffet each night.

Just started my review on the Breeze this afternoon in case anyone is interested! I did sail the Europe Med itinerary, so I understand it may not be helpful for some people, but I'm trying to incorporate some pics of the ship, etc...

You can read more here.

Loving the review and pics - I just completed my review of the Breeze Transatlantic - see link below signature :)

Loving the review and pics - I just completed my review of the Breeze Transatlantic - see link below signature :)

Froufie, I read your review and enjoyed it very much... and you have the happiest face! I can't imagine people not always smiling back at you!:)

sailawaybellaluna, I commented on your review and for those who have not checked it out, she's a great photographer!

I've noticed one of the main complaints is cold food and slow service in the MDR. Kind of hard to make the most of that, unless you give up on the MDR and go to the Lido Buffet each night.

True, but it wasn't the case for everyone. We were on the upper level of the Blush DR and had Mikhalo as our head waiter and he did an excellent job and we never had cold food. The food that he brought wasn't always good, but he got it there quickly and it was hot :rolleyes:

I am looking for the Fun Times for 8-Day Breeze sailing with stops in Grand Turk, San Juan, Tortola and St. Thomas. Has anyone seen a copy of these Fun Times? Thanks in advance.

They were posted in a review someone recently did. I will see if I can find the link.

Thanks Ron.

We booked yesterday and got a deluxe ocean view and a balcony. This is our first time sailing on Carnival and I keep telling my group not to compare Carnival to RCL, they may be disappointed.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am looking for the Fun Times for 8-Day Breeze sailing with stops in Grand Turk, San Juan, Tortola and St. Thomas. Has anyone seen a copy of these Fun Times? Thanks in advance.

If all else fails, I posted links to the Fun Times for the other 8-Day eastern route in my review (linked below). The Fun Times for St. Thomas and Tortola are probably the same.

If all else fails, I posted links to the Fun Times for the other 8-Day eastern route in my review (linked below). The Fun Times for St. Thomas and Tortola are probably the same.

You beat me to it, I was going to send him to your scans.