beer prices

mocannon

hi going on the milleniun to aussie woo hoo and my husband and i both drink, I like wine n lemo but my husband is a beer drinker. Do we need to pay for premium package or basic package neither of us drink shorts or cocktails but dont want to be worrying about prices either just want what we want when we want it Thanks

hi going on the milleniun to aussie woo hoo and my husband and i both drink, I like wine n lemo but my husband is a beer drinker. Do we need to pay for premium package or basic package neither of us drink shorts or cocktails but dont want to be worrying about prices either just want what we want when we want it Thanks

Depends what type of beer DH drinks. Only the domestics are included in the basic package (up to $5 per drink). However, if he likes a GOOD beer, Millenium now has the new Michaels Club featuring craft beers. if you get the premium package, any beer up to $12 is included, or pay the difference if it's more expensive.

here's the menu from Silhouette, which is probably similar.

http://beyondships.com/files/Michael_s_Club_Menu.pdf

I highly recommend the premium package for the wide variety of drinks you can enjoy and the convenience it offers. We loved it!

Keep in mind on that classic package the beer limit is up to $5, NOT $8. The Spouse looked at the Michael's Pub list and noted that pretty much any brew he would drink was over that price point, so no reason to get the classic. But the premium package was sufficiently over pried for our purposes to make no sense either as he would only have one or two beers a day anyway.

He made the decision based on that info to go a la carte.

Keep in mind on that classic package the beer limit is up to $5, NOT $8. The Spouse looked at the Michael's Pub list and noted that pretty much any brew he would drink was over that price point, so no reason to get the classic. But the premium package was sufficiently over pried for our purposes to make no sense either as he would only have one or two beers a day anyway.

He made the decision based on that info to go a la carte.

Just a consideration: If you're interested in the other parts of the classic package, consider simply paying the difference for the craft beers that are over the price limit. It MAY be worth it, then.

Does the package let you pay the difference on any drinks if they are above the "limit"?.....eg wine by the glass? I'm a bit of a wine fan so would like to treat myself every so often!

Does the package let you pay the difference on any drinks if they are above the "limit"?.....eg wine by the glass? I'm a bit of a wine fan so would like to treat myself every so often!

Only the Premium Package allows you to pay the difference if you purchase a drink that exceeds the limit.....with the other packages you would pay the entire price. Attached is the info from the Celebrity site:

Can I purchase a package and then just pay the difference in price for any drinks above the package price threshold?

You may do this with the Premium Package only. You can purchase beverages above the $12 Premium Package limit, and pay the difference between the cost of the beverage and the $12 limit. You are not allowed to do this with any of the other Beverage Packages.

Woody

Edited by rwr235

Just got off the Equinox - the basic beers were $5.75 including the gratuity - this included Corona, Samuel Adams, Heineken etc

but if you wanted Guinness, Peroni, Stella - these were more

My husband had the premium package and got his monies worth - coffees, san peligrino with dinner, martinis etc. I on the other hand had beer every day, a few martinis but when added up only came to $225 so wasn't worth it over 10 days

We are considering trying Celebrity after several Princess Cruises. My husband and I are both beer drinkers mostly, some mixed drinks. Can someone point me in the direction of how much these packages cost and what is included? It is hard to decide! Thanks

Thank you for sharing the Michaels Club menu. Like many of you I was looking at the drink packages. Clearly they are not designed for "good" beer drinkers.

It strikes me as odd that their is a different price for beer vs wine. I am sure it comes down to a better profit margin on wine vs beer.

Based on the pricing and the fact that you only pay the difference with the premium package at $54/day. I have to agree with sarafinadh, unless you are going to drink 7 or more beers a day you are much better off ordering a la carte.

Just got off the Equinox - the basic beers were $5.75 including the gratuity - this included Corona, Samuel Adams, Heineken etc

but if you wanted Guinness, Peroni, Stella - these were more

My husband had the premium package and got his monies worth - coffees, san peligrino with dinner, martinis etc. I on the other hand had beer every day, a few martinis but when added up only came to $225 so wasn't worth it over 10 days

Really ! !! :eek: :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they do. I believe it's 6 beers for the price of 5. Your standard beers are $5 a piece I think.

We had the premium package on our last cruise so only bought beer by the bottle. If you are a serious beer drinker, that's the best bet as the better beers are more expensive.

We can't wait to use our packages in Michaels in Summit.

Edited by librarylady19

Do you know if they sell beer in a bucket,

(six for the price of five)? If so how much?

Only asking as we have only sailed princess and that is what they offer.

Thanks!

Last year on the Summit a bucket of Becks cost $25.00 plus 3.75 tip. You pay for 5 but get 6. I only get one or two opened and keep the others closed for later and open them myself. Always take a bottle opener. Enjoy!

• 1 year later...

Herself and myself hope to cruise on Silhouette shortly, but are finding it difficult to assess drinks packages as we have no info newer than 2012!! Can anybody update us on approx ranges of prices for bottled beers and glasses of wine?

Also, when a package quotes a limit 'per drink' (bottle of beer or glass of wine), presumably that doesn't include the 15% gratuity? (....as I take it there are no beers less than $5 per 12oz bottle?)

Any help from a recent cruiser would be appreciated.

....even better, can anyone provide a link to a latest price list??

Edited by Nikolai57

For the record Michaels is now a private bar for suite passengers. The beers have been moved to a different location. Beers included in the Classic beverage package include Amstel, Bud, Coors, Franzisker, John Smith's, Smirnoz Ice, Strongbow cider, Corona, Becks, Blue Moon, Dos Equis, Miller, Heineken and O'Douls.

Thanks Balloon Man, and SWORRUB1, reassuring news.

Just one more thing.... with a '$5 limit' per order, does that exclude 15% gratuity, and if so how do you pay it? ....or are we simply exempt if we take the package?

I am a beer drinker. Four times I had the Classic Package as a perk and paid the difference to upgraded to the premium on the first 3. The last cruise I sailed for 14 days with the Classic and drank mostly beer and never felt the need to upgrade. Prior to that I survived with no package. Took advantage of the specials and drank at the ports.

They do sell buckets giving you one free for the price of 5 or 6.

They have happy hours that give 2 for 1. The bars and times vary.

The Martini Bar has some happy hour martinis at 1/2 price and the Passport bar has a happy hour menu and so does the Ensemble Bar giving reduced prices on drinks.

Specials vary according to the ship and from what I am told sales.

You can also start with the Classic package and then upgrade to the Premium paying for the rest of the cruise days if you feel the Classic doesn't suit you.

The packages also offers more than just alcohol based drinks. You get bottled water, better coffee, teas, juices and etc. If that doesn't interest you and you are mainly interested in drinking beer you will need to drink about 9 or 10 bottles a day cover the cost, depending if you buy buckets, happy hour and etc. When yo buy a bucket you can get them unopened. Take a bottle opener, and beer insulator jacket. They usually have bottles so take the kind that a bottle fits in.

This is my opinion and experience that many may not agree with, but as Tonto would say "Me Tell em truth" :D

🇺🇸🚢🇺🇸🍸🍻