Earliest you have turned up

in the past i have asked the question about the earliest that xruisers have boarded the ship. Another thread at the moment showing the large amount of people heading to the port early.

Heres my question, what is the earliest you have gone to the port? I once went at 6am, saw the large majority of passengers off and was first in line. Felt a real buzz being down there and being joined by fellow fanatical cruisers and talking all things cruise before security let us enter

BigKeith

I've never shown up at the port earlier than 10:30am. I share your enthusiasm and admire your passion to cruising but here's my question to you: What did you see as the advantage(s) of being at the port at 6am? I believe I can speak for many fellow cruisers that 6am is WAY too early to show up at the port. There's no music, entertainment or food (unless I'm wrong) at the port and waiting 4 to 5 hours before boarding would drive me insane with boredom.

I got to the Oasis Inaugural around 8am. I was excited about seeing the new terminal and new ship. Months of Captain Bill's videos fed the excitement fire. Usually I get there around 10am and wait not so calmly. I have terrible trouble sleeping the night before setting sail and the last night of the cruise. I'm close to D+ and I've seen every cruise I've been on come into port on the last night because of insomnia.

There is absolutly no point or advantage to arriving to point at the crack of dawn.

Although I really don't have a whole lot going on in the AM while on vacation, pretty much anything is more productive than standing outside a port building waiting to get in.

I can't see the point, but than again some people camp out at Walmart..

Earliest for us is 10:30. We returned on EX to Cape Liberty a couple of years ago and were debarking around 9. There was a couple who had arrived to board, but they were stuck because the porters were all busy helping those debarking. They had to stand around for 1.5 hours til they could even leave their luggage. Not worth it to arrive before 10:30 or 11.

We had a choice of a shuttle at 0930 or wait until 1130 so we took the early one and expected to be the first there - when we arrived there must have been a couple of hundred already sitting waiting..:)

We have been at Port Everglades & Port of Miami approx 8:30-9:00am due to redeye flights from the west coast and both times were the first in line, priority checkin and the first onboard..kinda exciting both times...and I was very surprised at just how many other's arrived and quickly lined up behind us...Boarding at 11:00...the time went by very quickly and we met new excited friends..seemed like a meet & mingle before boarding :D

in the past i have asked the question about the earliest that xruisers have boarded the ship. Another thread at the moment showing the large amount of people heading to the port early.

Heres my question, what is the earliest you have gone to the port? I once went at 6am, saw the large majority of passengers off and was first in line. Felt a real buzz being down there and being joined by fellow fanatical cruisers and talking all things cruise before security let us enter

BigKeith

:cool:My first two cruises were out of Miami. First I did not get on ship until 2:30, and had to stand in a long line. Next cruise I went down day early and stayed in RCCL arranged hotel across from port. At 7:00 am they had representatives processing our paperwork for boarding in the lobby of the hotel. At 9:30 a bus arrived to transfer us to the ship, leaving at 10:00 am. By 10:30 we were sitting on the ship and no other passengers were aboard until about 11:30. Never happened to me again this way:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

Archived