Need help please

I do not cruise a lot like some people. However, when we do, we use this site for any cruise information we need. Since it has been awhile, some areas on the board have closed or moved.

This will be our first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. Not familiar with the area at all, as we have never been there. We have only been to Port Canaveral.

I am trying to find posts on pre-cruise hotels. We live in South Carolina, so we drive to the ports. Looking for hotels (Ft.Lauderdale) where we can leave our car for the duration of our cruise. Just hubby and I.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any places to avoid at all cost if necessary. :)

I like "Hotels.com" for comparison purposes....I don't book thru them (I call the hotel directly), but if you have an area in mind, you can get ALL of the hotels within a certain distance....with a cost list, amenities, etc....a very useful informational site!

On our last Ft Lauderdale cruise on the Freedom, October 2010,we used Park N Go. They were running a special at the time of $5.99 per day. They had shuttles picking up and dropping off when we arrived. The lot looked very safe and upon our return didn't have any issues. Staff was very friendly and courteous. I'm planning on using them again on my upcoming cruise in November. Looking at their web site they have a web special too for the $ 5.99 parking per day. This lot is very easy to find too.

https://www.bookparkngo.com/index.php?main_page=parking_step1

"

Our Internet rates:

As low as $5.99 per day for airport parking

As low as $5.99 per day for cruise parking

Check your rates by putting in your parking dates and times above! Remember, prices and special offers are subject to change up until the time of booking.

Our regular, no discount drive-up rates apply

when not booked online:

$10.00 per day for airport parking

$12.00 per day for cruise parking

Reservations reccomended during all holidays. "

Some of the hotel chains in Fort Lauderdale used to offer free parking and park shuttles but are starting to charge fees now. There are some that are still free. You can get some great ideas on the FL departures board but be sure to check with the hotels directly to clarify the policy. Many of the hotels by Stirling Rd, State Rd 84, and Sheridan St. offer this service.

I have used park and go and spent the night in the Fort Pierce area , the hotels there are newer and better priced and the park and go is very close and had a free shuttle which got us back on the road very quickly after the cruise. If you can get a green travel book (Roomsaver)for Florida you can get those last minute deals if you dare.

This alows us to sleep later the cruise morning and it a couple hours from the port. we get there just about perfect and have less nervous time just waiting for 11am.

If you go to the Port Everglades web site, they have a list of hotels in the area. Don't be afraid to wander from the immediate area as a lot of the hotels within a five mile radius offer a free shuttle to and from the port. The farther away from the port, the cheaper the hotel rooms, but still free shuttle service that will take about 15 minutes to get to the port.

Thank you all again for helping me. Your information is greatly appreciated~!

I agree with using stay123.com. We have used them in the past with very good luck, in fact just used them last week when we flew to Punta Cana. Stayed at the Hampton Inn. They also had a park and cruise package. Hotel was very nice, shuttles were clean, staff very friendly.

Archived