Cabin over nightclub. How bad is this?

I just got my Balcony Guarantee assignment for Freedom. It is cabin 6226, which looks to be above Pharoah's Palace. This will be our very first balcony cabin, and I am concerned about the noise and vibration from the nightclub below us, as well as smoke from the outdoor area on deck 5. Has anyone had any experience with this type of cabin?

Thanks for your help!

Had a cabin under a nightclub on FOS............NEVER AGAIN. I'm a very light sleeper (very very light sleeper) and the music as well as the vibrations from the speakers kept me up until the place closed at 2 or 3 a.m. Even the Advil PM didn't help much. Don't know how above the nightclub would be but if you are a light sleeper you may want to reconsider. Advil PM (may try the new ZZZquil) and a White Noise Radio / alarm clock are a must for me.

You can change to any other available cabin in the same catagory after your guarantee is assigned. I would move if there is anything available. I just did this with a JS guarantee this past week. No problem at all.

We had a cabin above the Pub on a voyager class once. The thumping bass kept me awake until it closed, but didn't seem to bother my wife. As 39August said, you can ask for a cabin change to any available cabin in the same category.

As an aside, we once had a cabin under the pool deck, I think it was the Solarium. Early every morning, like clockwork, someone rolled something (laundry cart, bakery cart?) across the deck and back 10 minutes later. The wheels clattering on the tile woke me every time.

We had a room above a night club on the Victory. Never Again!! We had a floor that vibrated until 1 am every night. I called the pursers desk every night to make a (polite) complaint and ended up getting a refund equal to 800$. We are early to bed people on a cruise. One night I asked the purser to come to the room so they wouldn't think I was making it up and he looked at me and said "Your floor is vibrating" I said "I know" Staying polite is what helped me get the refund.

I would change asap if you can. But if you can't; don't get overly concerned until you get there and see what your situation is. Our room was directly above the drum set in a latino lounge. The people next to us had lot of noise but not like us.

I just got my Balcony Guarantee assignment for Freedom. It is cabin 6226, which looks to be above Pharoah's Palace. This will be our very first balcony cabin, and I am concerned about the noise and vibration from the nightclub below us, as well as smoke from the outdoor area on deck 5. Has anyone had any experience with this type of cabin?

Thanks for your help!

The Pharoah's Palace is not a "nightclub". I think that the latest that activities end there is about midnight. It's not a disco or a LOUD music venue: Think lower key musical entertainment, and game shows.

We've been assigned cabin 6222 on Mariner which is above the Lotus Lounge but as we're in the UK we are not allowed to change our cabin to another in the same D3 category unlike you guys in the US without paying the difference between the guarantee price and the full price for the many D3 category cabins that are available.

However, as mentioned, the 'show' lounges on Voyager and Freedom class ships are not normally late night venues with loud music or shows, so you should be OK.

Having said that, if you can change, then do so, wish we could.

We always pick a cabin around deck 8 or close to it.

Basically a deck that sits between 2 other decks that are 90% cabins & no major public spaces as we know they will be quiet.

They do cost a little more than the lower decks but maybe there is a reason the lower decks are cheaper as they are closer to the noise of nightclubs or dining venues etc?

We've been assigned cabin 6222 on Mariner which is above the Lotus Lounge but as we're in the UK we are not allowed to change our cabin to another in the same D3 category unlike you guys in the US without paying the difference between the guarantee price and the full price for the many D3 category cabins that are available.

However, as mentioned, the 'show' lounges on Voyager and Freedom class ships are not normally late night venues with loud music or shows, so you should be OK.

Having said that, if you can change, then do so, wish we could.

It's about time Royal treated all passengers bookings the same , I know it's our choice and we know the rules when we book but I don't understand why they have different rules for UK passengers , we don't get the same price drop rules either ,come on Royal treat all bookings the same ,our money is as good as any other booking .

As for the poster , I would definately change cabins .

Linda

It's about time Royal treated all passengers bookings the same , I know it's our choice and we know the rules when we book but I don't understand why they have different rules for UK passengers , we don't get the same price drop rules either ,come on Royal treat all bookings the same ,our money is as good as any other booking .

Linda

Ahh but you get things we don't - price drops until last possible moment being one of them, so not so sure who's got the best end of the stick here:(

Something no one ever seems to mention is having a room right above the lifeboats that are used as tenders. Our mini suite was right above this equipment and we were startled awake at 5am or 6am in each tender port when they started to launch the tenders. That being said, I would leave on the same ship in the same cabin tomorrow if given the chance.

There is no cabin on a ship that is guaranteed to be perfectly silent, some are just more quiet than others. I would try to switch if you're that concerned but I wouldn't worry about it if there were no other options.

Ahh but you get things we don't - price drops until last possible moment being one of them, so not so sure who's got the best end of the stick here:(

I wasn't aware of this , I must have misunderstood as I thought you could get price drops before final payment and credit or upgrade after ? Whereas once we have paid final payment we get zilch .I need to do more research :D

Linda .

The Pharoah's Palace is not a "nightclub". I think that the latest that activities end there is about midnight. It's not a disco or a LOUD music venue: Think lower key musical entertainment, and game shows.

Exactly! We've had cabins in the same area on Deck 6 on Voyager class ships, above Maharajas Lounge (which is the Voyager-class equivalent to Pharoah's Place). This venue is for karaoke, trivia, game shows, etc. The band ensemble had a "big band" evening, and there was traditional dancing on another night. These activities ended well before midnight. There was zero issue with noise, and actually, this is our preferred location to book a cabin.

I wasn't aware of this , I must have misunderstood as I thought you could get price drops before final payment and credit or upgrade after ? Whereas once we have paid final payment we get zilch .I need to do more research :D

Linda .

We can only get price drops up to final payment...after final payment if a higher cabin is available at the same or lower price we can upgrade...but no credit or refund...

Exactly! We've had cabins in the same area on Deck 6 on Voyager class ships, above Maharajas Lounge (which is the Voyager-class equivalent to Pharoah's Place). This venue is for karaoke, trivia, game shows, etc. The band ensemble had a "big band" evening, and there was traditional dancing on another night. These activities ended well before midnight. There was zero issue with noise, and actually, this is our preferred location to book a cabin.
That was my thoughts too. We've been towards the bow of the ship previously but not past the forward elevator bank and found it sometimes more preferable due to the proximity to the theatre and lounge and the elevators appeared to be quieter. However, I still do like to be on the hump.

With any location there are plus & minus aspects, the main plus is you're on a ship which means you're cruising!

Linda

in the UK, if the price drops after final payment you are entitled to a refund, not so in the US. last year our cruise price dropped over £800 and we were refunded £775. x

in the UK, if the price drops after final payment you are entitled to a refund, not so in the US. last year our cruise price dropped over £800 and we were refunded £775. x

That is strange I asked my TA what happens if the price drops after final payment and she said we would get nothing , I am sure I have read many others from the U K saying the same ?

Linda .

That is strange I asked my TA what happens if the price drops after final payment and she said we would get nothing , I am sure I have read many others from the U K saying the same ?

Linda .

Hi Linda I believe some UK TA's won't pass on any price drops, but if booked direct with RCI, you can get the drop.

Linda .

Linda we were booked with the UK's largest TA and when i phoned and pointed this out she told me that she would have to phone RCCL, she phoned me back less than 20 minutes later and informed me that the refund would be back in my account. If there is a price drop you should phone your TA and ask them to contact RCCL. we are going on another cruise also in september and im hoping to get another price drop, PS the price drop last year was about 2 weeks before the cruise x

Thanks for your help!

Don't do it. I had a cabin over the teen disco once, and had to move because it was so noisy. If you can make a cabin change now, I would suggest you do it. It will save you the headache of moving to a new cabin, after unpacking everything in your guaranteed cabin

We just booked on the Radiance otS for Hawaii to Vancouver, sailing on May 6/13. We got cabin#7174 and it's directly above the Singapore Sling. No idea what this is and will there be nise and vibrations from there? Appreciate help.

Albert

We just booked on the Radiance otS for Hawaii to Vancouver, sailing on May 6/13. We got cabin#7174 and it's directly above the Singapore Sling. No idea what this is and will there be nise and vibrations from there? Appreciate help.

Albert

Hi Albert,

We were on Radiance in March, your cabin is aft above the back of the Colony Club which has a lounge area & a bar. It is very quiet durung the day but is a popular spot at night for the Karaoke shows & the Quest show, so there will be lots of loud cheering etc & music some nights between about 9 - 11pm from memory. It isn't a disco.

I don't know how much of this you would hear in your cabin, but unless you are very early to bed people I doubt you would be affected by it.

We had cabin 8534 on Radiance & it was so quiet we thought nobody was in the cabin next door until we saw someone emerge from there later in the cruise! :)

Linda we were booked with the UK's largest TA and when i phoned and pointed this out she told me that she would have to phone RCCL, she phoned me back less than 20 minutes later and informed me that the refund would be back in my account. If there is a price drop you should phone your TA and ask them to contact RCCL. we are going on another cruise also in september and im hoping to get another price drop, PS the price drop last year was about 2 weeks before the cruise x

Hi

I ran foul of the uk system this year wanted to change ships was willing to pay admin costs however RCI now state that all prices are now for "new bookings only" so as far as UK customers go price drops are a thing of the past as all prices posted on RCI UK are "new bookings only" the same on NCL

if you get a price drop it's because RCI UK customer service have made a mistake

To the OP if you can change cabins do so if for no other reason than for your own piece of mind

regards

Damon

Archived