Dan Hanrahan Leaving Celebrity

greeneg

Has there been any new news or rumors on a replacement as time is getting short. It's almost 8/1/2012.:eek:

Nothing yet, and no recent rumors. Let's hope we will hear something shortly.

It sounded like it will be someone from inside the company. Richard Fain mentioned during the call and it was stressed in the press release that there is a "great bench strengh".

I think we all hope that the replacement will be as capable as Dan Hanrahan was. He did an outstanding job revitalizing the brand and transform it for the future. And let's not forget that he had to deal with a very tough economic climate.

It sounded like it will be someone from inside the company. Richard Fain mentioned during the call and it was stressed in the press release that there is a "great bench strengh".

I think we all hope that the replacement will be as capable as Dan Hanrahan was. He did an outstanding job revitalizing the brand and transform it for the future. And let's not forget that he had to deal with a very tough economic climate.

Lets hope whoever it is will get someone to work in the web department

that knows what they are doing and can get the Celebrity website

to work:eek:......have they ever heard of "USER FRIENDLY"??

Lois, you're right. The website is one of very few areas severely lacking. There are so many missing or wrong pictures. Celebrity should do a much better job there and it's beyond my why nobody has realized that there is a problem that needs to be solved.

The same is true for the blog: http://celebritycruises.tumblr.com/. It should be updated much more frequently with more interesting content. When done properly it would be a perfect tool to build a very deep connection with the customer.

Thanks -- that never hit my radar at all -- interesting photos -- have only just glanced at it so far ---

Sometimes it's featured on X's Facebook site. But a coherent strategy how to you social media is missing.

THERE"S A BLOG? (shouting for emphasis) How long has that been around?

Hi Cruisestitch,

I've started a few threads about the blog in recent months. Sorry you missed them. At first, I had high hopes for the blog, but Celebrity never made the most of it. Between the Solsticizing of the M-Class, and the upcoming debut of Reflection, they have missed some great opportunities.

Celebrity should take a look at what Princess is offering with the upcoming debut of Royal Princess in June 2013. The comparison is like night and day.

I'm guessing the money would be on Larry Pimentel or Wayne Wielgus , as they seems like the easy favorites. Personally though I would love to see them try a woman like Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, I think she would be an excellent choice, but the cruise industry is such a mans game, not sure if Fain, and the board would be game outside their comfort zone. It was only a few years ago that Celebrity had their first female hotel director.

Be interesting to see who it is. Hope whoever it is they embrace social media like Dan did. I really think he did an outstanding job overall, and especially thought the podcasts and travel agent Q&A were such a benefit to all involved.

Hi Lois:

Should we offer to serve on a user-committee to beta-test any changes to Celebrity's website?

I have 100 comments to make about the changes they made this spring; sadly, 98 of them are not so positive.

I love Celebrity, but there is just no explanation for why they have so many problems with their website. I've worked with large organizations my whole life, and I have never seen so many IT problems in any other company.

After they made all the changes this spring, I took a group of 12 friends on a 5-day cruise on the Millennium (May). Half had cruised before, and half hadn't and several had cruised a few times with Celebrity. None of them were able to get through their on-line check-in without help, and all of the problems were with the website, not with my friends :D.

Sigh. It hurts to be negative, but really, sometimes....:p

Why are there no comments about the new CEO. Isn't bringing over the COO from RCCL scary to anyone else. We love Celebrity. The cruise experience is far above RCCL in our opinion, mainly because the crew attitude is so much better. Shouldn't someone from Celebrity have been sent to RCCL to show them how to do the right thing. Ugh! I hope Celebrity keeps it's spirit and focus, but I worry whether corporate senior management cares, or worse, even understands what is important to their passengers.

Archived