Best Aft Cabin on Radiance of the Seas

Have a wonderful cruise! Please come back and let us know how wonderful it was.

We have a long, long wait for ours next year. It's a northbound out of Vancouver followed by a cruise tour that ends in Fairbanks. I'm starting to have second thoughts because it's so complicated to get back to the Orlando Airport from Fairbanks :eek:. I would prefer to do a B2B but DH prefers to do the land portion. (Too bad our cabin is not available, I might be able to talk him into it!)

Thanks! :)

We are flying round trip into Vancouver, staying overnight the first night there before

our early morning flight into Anchorage. I simply booked a separate "puddle jumper" one way into Anchorage. Then when we finish the southbound from Seward to Vancouver, it is just a taxi ride

to our return flight home. Can you find a one way small airline that will bring

you back from Fairbanks? That way it is a simple round trip flight through Vancover like we are doing.

We have 5 nights touring on our own, including a salmon fishing trip and Denali flightseeing

trip planned during that time before we board the ship. Taking the scenic train route

from Anchorage into Seward. Another excursion in itself!

Looking forward to it, and those wonderful views from the balcony of 9256! :D

Edited by island lady

Thanks! :)

We are flying round trip into Vancouver, staying overnight the first night there before

our early morning flight into Anchorage. I simply booked a separate "puddle jumper" one way into Anchorage. Then when we finish the southbound from Seward to Vancouver, it is just a taxi ride

to our return flight home. Can you find a one way small airline that will bring

you back from Fairbanks? That way it is a simple round trip flight through Vancover like we are doing.

We have 5 nights touring on our own, including a salmon fishing trip and Denali flightseeing

trip planned during that time before we board the ship. Taking the scenic train route

from Anchorage into Seward. Another excursion in itself!

Looking forward to it, and those wonderful views from the balcony of 9256! :D

WOW! It all sounds wonderful! And thanks for the flight tip, we'll have to check some more and see what's available. Have a wonderful trip! :)

WOW! It all sounds wonderful! And thanks for the flight tip, we'll have to check some more and see what's available. Have a wonderful trip! :)

Thanks, and you are most welcome! I hope you have a fantastic trip, no matter what

you decide on the transport! :)

Thanks, just snagged 9256! :D

We just did the same thing. I had 9092 all booked the day the 2013 itins opened and everyone on here said move to 9256 and so we did. Hope they were all right.:o We are on the Sept. 6 2013 cruise, round trip Vancouver and back.

Edited by Todd Cruise

We just did the same thing. I had 9092 all booked the day the 2013 itins opened and everyone on here said move to 9256 and so we did. Hope they were all right.:o We are on the Sept. 6 2013 cruise, round trip Vancouver and back.

Yeah, I booked just days after the release of the 2012 Alaska itineraries (not even posted

online yet and only available by calling). Yup, 9256 was already gone!! :eek: :(

C&A customer service rep asked me "did I want to be on a waiting list for the cabin?".

I told her "sure"...but figured...yeah...when pigs fly.

Wouldn't you know it...a pig flew by my window just weeks later, and we got the cabin!

You will love it!! :D :D

Yeah, I booked just days after the release of the 2012 Alaska itineraries (not even posted

online yet and only available by calling). Yup, 9256 was already gone!! :eek: :(

C&A customer service rep asked me "did I want to be on a waiting list for the cabin?".

I told her "sure"...but figured...yeah...when pigs fly.

Wouldn't you know it...a pig flew by my window just weeks later, and we got the cabin!

You will love it!! :D :D

You are a lucky lady!

I rushed on line to book 9256 (for 2013) just hours after the bookings opened and I was SO dissapointed because it was not available (I used the search for s specific cabin feature). I just couldn't believe someone was there waiting for it. I decided to call Royal Caribbean hoping there would be another AFT available, and low and behold! 9256 WAS available for my sailing :D. I was a happy camper! :D

You are a lucky lady!

I rushed on line to book 9256 (for 2013) just hours after the bookings opened and I was SO dissapointed because it was not available (I used the search for s specific cabin feature). I just couldn't believe someone was there waiting for it. I decided to call Royal Caribbean hoping there would be another AFT available, and low and behold! 9256 WAS available for my sailing :D. I was a happy camper! :D

And you are also a lucky lady!! :D

I was looking online for a center aft cabin on the Enchantment (center better than

corner I am reading about on that style ship) and none showed up. Took another CC members advice and typed in specific cabin numbers. Sure enough they showed up...guess a direct call or direct entry is the best way to go when looking for a favored cabin.

On the other hand I just could not believe the "waiting list" worked for me on the Alaska cruise for the Radiance. Maybe a TA had that cabin snatched for a couple of weeks till they had to release it was my guess.

Lucky indeed...and looking foward to that view very soon!! :)

OK, my husband is driving me crazy, what else is new! :rolleyes:

After picking what I thought was the best hump cabin, he now thinks he wants to try an Aft cabin. The cruise we are booking is pretty much open, so any suggestions on the top three aft cabins on the Radiance?

9256, large wrap balcony and not under or over any public rooms. Plus, high enough to avoid some engine vibrations.

However, if you are sensitive to ship movement, the lower and center is always the best. In rough sea, if the bow goes up, then the stern goes down and vice-a-versa.

We keep running in to each other on this site. :-) If you and your hubby want to check out our aft stateroom on the Mariner this October, just let us know.

We've been in aft (rear facing) staterooms for the past 10 years and there are pluses and minues to those staterooms.

I look forward to meeting you on the Mariner this October.@

~Lynda

9256, large wrap balcony and not under or over any public rooms. Plus, high enough to avoid some engine vibrations.

However, if you are sensitive to ship movement, the lower and center is always the best. In rough sea, if the bow goes up, then the stern goes down and vice-a-versa.

We keep running in to each other on this site. :-) If you and your hubby want to check out our aft stateroom on the Mariner this October, just let us know.

We've been in aft (rear facing) staterooms for the past 10 years and there are pluses and minues to those staterooms.

I look forward to meeting you on the Mariner this October.@

~Lynda

Hi Lynda! We do run into each other a lot!

We are booked in 9256, for our Radiance Australia cruise.

We have been talking about an aft cabin for many years, but either they weren't available, or we were traveling with family members and needed a bunch of cabins together. Usually we book a center balcony cabin on the 8th or 9th decks, we like being sandwiched between floors of only cabins. We are going to love sitting on the balcony watching the wake. Neither of us has problems with ship movement. We both love it when we get the occasional rocky sea day. My issue with an aft cabin is the vibrations of the engines/propellers, it does bother me, but if it's more than I can take we will not being doing afts in the future. :)

I look forward to meeting you also, Lynda, it won't be long!

Edited by Desertbelle

75+ days in 8168--our favorite on the the Radiance--perfect for any cruise but we really enjoyed it through the Panama Canal, in Alaska and Hawaii--it is a corner aft and just a great balcony--

That's great to hear, we have 8168 booked on Serenade next year. Do you have any pictures.

Hi Lynda! We do run into each other a lot!

We are booked in 9256, for our Radiance Australia cruise.

We have been talking about an aft cabin for many years, but either they weren't available, or we were traveling with family members and needed a bunch of cabins together. Usually we book a center balcony cabin on the 8th or 9th decks, we like being sandwiched between floors of only cabins. We are going to love sitting on the balcony watching the wake. Neither of us has problems with ship movement. We both love it when we get the occasional rocky sea day. My issue with an aft cabin is the vibrations of the engines/propellers, it does bother me, but if it's more than I can take we will not being doing afts in the future. :)

I look forward to meeting you also, Lynda, it won't be long!

Hi Marge,

That's great that you were able to nab #9256 on the Radiance. You'll enjoy the large wrap balcony. The Radiance class is our favorite class of ship on RCI, more so then the Explorer class.

It's been our experience in the past, that when we have a D2 rear facing balcony stateroom, to select "no upgrades" in our profile for sailings on the Radiance class ships, because it's been known of RCI to upgrade a aft rear facing D2 to a D1 and in our opinion it's not worth the upgrade. If that should happen, sometimes that aft rear facing stateroom is no longer available because someone had it waitlisted.

We're getting excited about our Holy Land/TA cruises this October too. I'm really looking forward to meeting you both.

Have a great day. :-)

~Lynda

• 2 weeks later...
Don't think of it as more exercise . . . think of it as more drinks, and more desserts! We had 8168 on the Serenade and loved it. It wasn't a long walk at all!

I hope 8168 is just as wonderful on Brilliance. This will be our first aft cabin . All previous balconies have been hump so I can't wait to see what all fuss is about. :D

We have 9256 for Aug 17th Radiance Northbound Alaska sailing ... we love love love afts and are getting very excited! We are travelling with family and we have four afts booked!! Fun fun fun!!

Hello Money Lady,

My DH and I have 9256 for our Hawaii sailing Sept 14th. Would appreciate any info on this cabin when you return. Thank you in advance.

Barb

We have 9256 for Aug 17th Radiance Northbound Alaska sailing ... we love love love afts and are getting very excited! We are travelling with family and we have four afts booked!! Fun fun fun!!

Ok...we will keep her warm for you!! ;)

9256 southbound on 8/10! :D Our second time on this ship and in this cabin.

Love it!

We decided after we got off of FOS on Sunday to switch our NYE cruise from FOS to Jewel (long story). Called C&A as soon as we got home from the port, and 9256 was available so we grabbed it.:):):)

Can't believe it was still available this close in to the sail date:cool:

Now not to be negative, but just to keep it real- I had booked I think 1104 or 1106 (whatever is next to the GS as you face aft). Every night at 1-2am our 1st time cruisers who booked a GS came in loud and drunk. 2 nights our room flooded between 1-3am. I mean tops of feet covered in dirty water, pull your luggage up kinda wet- followed by hallway vaccuming.....and water came down on our balconey every now in then when they swabbed the deck. We probably will never go for a JS again. We did have a great cruise, albeit we were a tad tired. And we've booked a midship Radiance again for Feb. a few days ago. We aren't jaded- but won't make the room a big deal. Now in all fairness enjoying Hubbard Glacier from our aft balconey was indeed wonderful, just value our sleep alot! We absolutely loved Alaska!

Karen

Sorry that you didn't have the best experience boingy300. Although it seems as if most of the issues you encountered could happen in just about any cabin?

Sure it can, maybe not the water coming over the top deck onto us while we were sitting when they were washing. Like I said....again.....it didn't dissuade me from booking again and there were repeated flooding complaints in the aft around that time. BUT that was before they put Radiance in dry dock. My POINT was don't make too big of a deal out of the room.

Have fun.