Liquor - Bon Voyage vs Room Service

djvickers

We are almost ready for the single digit dance for our cruise and I'm considering purchasing a bottle from Bon Voyage for our cruise on the Pride.

My question is, if we do not purchase from Bon Voyage, am I correct in the understanding that you can purchase from room service for the same price as Bon Voyage? Do they have the same offerings from room service that you would get if you pre-ordered? I have gobs of OBC and would prefer to use that than put it on my credit card if at all posssible, which is why I am asking.

Thanks muchly!

From my own experience,

You should be able to order a bottle from Room Service.

I have done this on my 3 latest cruises without an issue. They are the same price as bon voyage the only exception is that if you wait until international waters to order, you will not get charged taxes.

It is charged to your sail and sign account so you are able to use your onboard credit for that as I did.

From my own experience,

You should be able to order a bottle from Room Service.

I have done this on my 3 latest cruises without an issue. They are the same price as bon voyage the only exception is that if you wait until international waters to order, you will not get charged taxes.

It is charged to your sail and sign account so you are able to use your onboard credit for that as I did.

But is there a 15% tip added that kinda out ways the tax. Or is there no tip on the purchess?

But is there a 15% tip added that kinda out ways the tax. Or is there no tip on the purchess?

There is no 15% automatic gratuity as it is delivered by the same people that deliver the room service menu (sandwiches, juices etc)

When I signed my receipt upon delivery is was the flat price of the bottle only. No tips or taxes were added.

We are almost ready for the single digit dance for our cruise and I'm considering purchasing a bottle from Bon Voyage for our cruise on the Pride.

My question is, if we do not purchase from Bon Voyage, am I correct in the understanding that you can purchase from room service for the same price as Bon Voyage? Do they have the same offerings from room service that you would get if you pre-ordered? I have gobs of OBC and would prefer to use that than put it on my credit card if at all posssible, which is why I am asking.

Thanks muchly!

On the Miracle I was able to order through room serivce. I ordered a bottle of tequila and it was the same price as bon voyage

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks muchly!

we had gobs of OBC too and we waited until we got on the ship and ordered from room service so it didnt go on my credit card. we ordered immediately as soon as we were able to get into our cabin

I have ordered from room service on several ships and have never been told no. there was not a gratuity attached (though it is polite to tip for delivery) and the prices were the same as those listed on Bon Voyage.

The only drawback I could see was that you must remain in your room until it is delivered to sign for it as they will not deliver if you are not there. I have waited from 15 minuetes to 2 hours.

Also, in TX you cannot place a room service order until you are in international waters. If leaving from a TX port, I would recomend ordering through room service rather than Bon Voyage. You can get it from room service late eveing when in international waters. if ordering through Bon Voyage, it is delivered the 2nd day.

The only issue of Bon Voyage vs. room service is that room service may not have the same selections available as Bon voyage. The ship supply of available liquor for sale by the bottle will vary and could be sold out at some point in the voyage.

So.... trying to boil this down..... Tell me if I'm wrong!

Bon Voyage:

- no 15 percent

- received on 2nd day

- it's a definite; perhaps better selection

Room Service

- may get it quicker, but you have to wait til intl waters

- probably no 15 percent

- not 100 percent you'll be able to do it or get what you want.

We aren't the types to purchase a whole bottle of booze, but i'm just trying to figure out how to get my beers the cheapest way! :D

So.... trying to boil this down..... Tell me if I'm wrong!

Bon Voyage:

- no 15 percent

- received on 2nd day

- it's a definite; perhaps better selection

Room Service

- may get it quicker, but you have to wait til intl waters

- probably no 15 percent

- not 100 percent you'll be able to do it or get what you want.

We aren't the types to purchase a whole bottle of booze, but i'm just trying to figure out how to get my beers the cheapest way! :D

When I ordered from BV - The bottles were in my room when I arrived on the ship. That was in Port Canaveral, FL

Archived